Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Looks can be deceiving. Ford disagrees with your internet diagnosis. I'm not new to opening vehicle doors. Your opinion is appreciated.
whatever, dude. Just making an observation; didn't say it was YOU. Someone else posted they had a ding in the paint that happened somewhere along the line in shipping. @ChasingCoral 's actually had damage to the undercarriage in shipping.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Looks can be deceiving. Ford disagrees with your internet diagnosis. I'm not new to opening vehicle doors. Your opinion is appreciated.

Driver's Door Misalignment3.jpg
No need to be so defensive. The door was overextended at some point during transit. Wind does that. Luckily is Ford and not Tesla.

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
No need to be so defensive. The door was overextended at some point during transit. Wind does that. Luckily is Ford and not Tesla.
There's no need to be assertively presumptuous in dismissing what Ford opines, after the Ford reps saw multiple photos and videos from various interior and exterior angles taken by the dealership service technicians. Some of you are over-riding Ford's assessment based on still photos. The damage is continually occuring when the door is opened. As the temperatures dropped, the door started cracking as the door was opened, whether in the garage or out in the wild. I took the Mach-E to the dealership. They spent six hours with the MME and communicated symptoms, photos and videos to Ford. But, your opinion is based on a cursory review of three photos. I understand your opinion but how do you know that Ford is wrong about the door being misaligned at the factory?

My goal was to share information about this unfortunate issue and Ford's response to such. The second-guessing based on limited information remains just that....

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
yep, I sent that pic to a few people and they are all saying the same thing. Opened fast as the wind got it.
Very well, their opinions and $1 won't buy me a decent burger.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Very well, their opinions and $1 won't buy me a decent burger.
nope, you correct. But seeing they are just trying to think of what could of happen and help. Might matter one day when the person's opinion is right and we don't have food but they feed us too.

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
nope, you correct. But seeing they are just trying to think of what could of happen and help. Might matter one day when the person's opinion is right and we don't have food but they feed us too.
All-knowing knee-jerk opinions with limited information that seek to dismiss more reasoned and informed postulates aren't always helpful.

Last edited:

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
Damn this guy isn't afraid to own anyone with facts and logic.

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Not ideal and very frustrating - glad they are helping fix it

but Please dont say the RR is cop summoning (my heart drops every time i think of that ) ?- I am set on my FE in two weeks which is RR..cannot wait for May delivery of IB premium
So you're getting two MMEs? Is one from the Mach Drop?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There's no need to be assertively presumptuous in dismissing what Ford opines, after the Ford reps saw multiple photos and videos from various interior and exterior angles taken by the dealership service technicians. Some of you are over-riding Ford's assessment based on still photos. The damage is continually occuring when the door is opened. As the temperatures dropped, the door started cracking as the door was opened, whether in the garage or out in the wild. I took the Mach-E to the dealership. They spent six hours with the MME and communicated symptoms, photos and videos to Ford. But, your opinion is based on a cursory review of three photos. I understand your opinion but how do you know that Ford is wrong about the door being misaligned at the factory?

My goal was to share information about this unfortunate issue and Ford's response to such. The second-guessing based on limited information remains just that....
Whatever dude. Far too defensive about something nobody has accused you of. Far too defensive. It could make some people wonder.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
So you're getting two MMEs? Is one from the Mach Drop?
Yes one from Mach Drop but only keeping that one. The other will go to some other lucky buyer unless in the next two weeks I change I mind and decide to wait two more months which would be impossible
Sponsored