DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Except for the minor slipup where she said ford promised 211 and delivered 210, which is of course the opposite. But yes, a fair assessment and quite positive.
Ouch. Ha ha ha. Since I hadn't ordered a SR I had no idea what the target was. Did think that it was weird to have such an odd target of 211 miles but didn't focus on it. That should have been the tell.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
To all SR AWD future owner we are the winners here has we gain 1 mile (1.6km) ? of range without paying anything extra.
I have a very strong feeling that even at truly highway speed you'll get very close to 200 miles of range in good weather. I also have a strong suspicion that like Tesla, Ford is going to open up more range within a year.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
I have a very strong feeling that even at truly highway speed you'll get very close to 200 miles of range in good weather. I also have a strong suspicion that like Tesla, Ford is going to open up more range within a year.
That makes total sense. Ford has to warranty the battery, so they don't want big battery failures like the Leaf had. It would be very smart for Ford to be a bit conservative with the battery at first. Once they get some long term data, they'll be able to model useable battery based on actual battery degradation. It's always better to hold back and give more later. everyone is like "Yay, we love Ford!" Do the opposite, give too much and decrease range later, and everyone is "Those assholes, we hate Ford! Let's sue them!" It seems like a pretty easy decision tree to me.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Have you actually tried an trip with an BEV? This is similar to an argument that I see at work where theory != reality.

I drove a Bolt from SF to Reno. Had to stop twice, high grades take a toll on BEV range. Both were crowded, and that ONE stop took a cool hour before I could go.
Yeah, but that drive home from Reno must've been fun ?

I make that drive often and always do about 10MPG better on the way home in my Energi.

It's 220 miles from my place in SF to Reno, and even with my Future CA Route 1 I would doubt I could make it all the way to Reno without stopping due to the mountain pass (at least not without some serious anxiety lol).

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
201mi

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
276 (on the extended range)

Last edited:

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
Might be a challenge though driving to the alps with four sets of skis on the euro tow bar rack!?

Ford Mustang Mach-E EPA Certifies Mach-E Range Targets, 300 Miles for Premium Extended Range RWD 85A264F2-F958-4E01-934D-19DEFC4228FB

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
that standard range is embarrassing.
Resale on the standard range can't be very good.
Think about it, 210 means you’re on a ~100 mile leash from home in ideal conditions . That’s a big ask if you’re not in a metropolitan area with abundant charging.
WOW - No love for the SR-AWD. If I'm going on a long trip, I'm taking an ICE vehicle and will enjoy 5 minute fuel fill-ups. The Mach-e for me is a daily driver with occasional 160 mile each way trips to the in-laws.

1) $5,000 in my pocket
2) The only model to EXCEED expectations :D
3) SR-AWD-FTW

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
WOW - No love for the SR-AWD. If I'm going on a long trip, I'm taking an ICE vehicle and will enjoy 5 minute fuel fill-ups. The Mach-e for me is a daily driver with occasional 160 mile each way trips to the in-laws.

1) $5,000 in my pocket
2) The only model to EXCEED expectations :D
3) SR-AWD-FTW
I think it was an 'embarrassment' since they missed the target on the SR-AWD, clearly they weren't trying hard enough!

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep they are 1 mi over target range on the SR AWD and that is fine for many people, it all depends on your needs and budget and when on top of it you have a car that brings emotion like the Mach-E it's all good. Not every one can afford an E-Tron, an I-Pace, Polestar 2, Volvo X-40 Recharge or a Porche Taycan and not talking about Lucid Air or Rivian. Tesla car quality issues is a definite NO, so having a car like the MME that offers quality build, variety in Range and Performance it can only be good for everyone. It brings the MME between those mentionned and the lower priced EV like the Bolt, Leaf and the Hyuandai/Kia family. I personnally let go of a Kia Niro EV with 385 km range (240 mi) for a Premium SR AWD at 335km range (211 mi) because of AWD, OTA better looking car and all the other goodies. No the MME is not a commute car, those 70 mi range car were out there about 10 years ago, it's a car that you can do road trip with, depending where you live it seems and if you are looking for a commute car then have a look at those other cars it will cost you less, like you can buy a Leaf with a 40kW/h battery that will probably fit that needs at a much lower price.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
I think it was an 'embarrassment' since they missed the target on the SR-AWD, clearly they weren't trying hard enough!
Haha - Yeah someone's getting fired! But seriously, it's amazing how these manufactures can mimic the EPA test internally down to the exact MPG/MPGe. As if they've built their own identical EPA test machine.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Haha - Yeah someone's getting fired! But seriously, it's amazing how these manufactures can mimic the EPA test internally down to the exact MPG/MPGe. As if they've built their own identical EPA test machine.
I hope this is sarcasm: The manufacturers run the EPA tests; they don't send the cars to an EPA lab they run the tests.
Sponsored