Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's a Mustang, not a Chevy Bolt
I currently drive a Chevy Bolt and have always been pleasantly surprised by the instant acceleration even at moderate speeds (35-55). No lag as there is with an ICE.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I currently drive a Chevy Bolt and have always been pleasantly surprised by the instant acceleration even at moderate speeds (35-55). No lag as there is with an ICE.
My exact words as a fellow Bolt owner!

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
My exact words as a fellow Bolt owner!
The instant torque is awesome! Even my weak Fusion Energi (90hp) gives a hint of fast acceleration, but without the gas engine assist, it's not going to break any speed records.

Please, I wasn't in any way knocking the Bolt, my only point was when buying a Mustang, performance is (Traditionally) high, if not the #1 reason, for buying. Ford straight up said they had to put the soul of a Mustang into the Mach-e so 0-60 performance is important.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Will believe it when I see it. Law of Physics play by their own rules out here. :)
Yeah. I wrote this on another thread. Will be interesting to find out what happens.

I think at some point hot AF is hot AF. If the car is left outside all day in a hot area it's going to get hot inside regardless of any sort of insulation, etc. I think the tint etc slows the warmup, not prevents it.
I tinted my C-Max's skyscraper sized windshield because I could tell a difference while driving into the sun. I don't think it helps a lot being parked outside for 9 hours w/o any sort of covering. I could be wrong I have a thermometer now I could test it with but I'm not going to peel the tint off to compare.
From what I've read though, these IR coated glasses have way less conductive heat than a metal roof. Of course metal doesn't really have radiant heat like glass, but good tints and coatings can reduce it. 3m's crystalline tint has a 97% infrared rejection.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Well.....that is a tricky question.
If our summer temps were only 100 degrees then I would be fine with the dark interior but it's much hotter here so I opted for the light space grey. Not just because of heat but because I liked how it looked much better.

I really did NOT want the glass roof but I had no choice because the most practical way to get the features I want is to order the Premium trim. So, that REALLY pushed me towards the lighter interior.

Then my dealer slipped me some FE juice the week before the infamous Mach Drop and I took the bait. First Editions only come with dark interior so I was stuck with that choice. Have been second guessing it the entire time though.....it gets around 118 here in the summer so I wasn't sure how that was going to be with the glass roof and dark interior.

As luck would have it....Ford sent out some news yesterday about price discounts and now the difference between the Premium AWD with light grey interior and a First Edition is $8200 so now I am back to the light interior again. :)
I got the black in my C-Max. I think it looks better. I haven't noticed any difference than any other car. My friend's Model 3 has a light interior and I feel like they get hotter. Maybe its the sunroof and lack of tint (he hasn't added any) or maybe its the material of the seat (leather vs Tesla's fake leather). I don't know.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
The instant torque is awesome! Even my weak Fusion Energi (90hp) gives a hint of fast acceleration, but without the gas engine assist, it's not going to break any speed records.

Please, I wasn't in any way knocking the Bolt, my only point was when buying a Mustang, performance is (Traditionally) high, if not the #1 reason, for buying. Ford straight up said they had to put the soul of a Mustang into the Mach-e so 0-60 performance is important.
It's not THAT unusual for me to chirp the tires in my Fusion Energi which is honestly always a bit of a fun surprise, because that's a thing I never expect in a Fusion. ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
My gf has a very practical, not-that-fun take on these kinds of things - "how fast can you get to the speed limit? because after that, who cares?"

she does like to beat people at lights though ?
Here in the NY metropolitan area we have a number of places where it is a right turn from full stop onto the highway. This is where 0-60 really counts!

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Here in the NY metropolitan area we have a number of places where it is a right turn from full stop onto the highway. This is where 0-60 really counts!
Some of the old entryways in Chinatown near DTLA are like that, always a good excuse to floor it. It’s for safety!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Put my spouse's Mercedes BEV (Tesla motor & battery) into sport mode today and ended up screeching the tires leaving a stoplight. That instant torque is addictive, can't wait to get it with the pony attached.
Sponsored