Got my VIN…now what?

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Got the word on Thursday that I have a 4/11 build date and I got my VIN.

It makes me happy to stare at it, but is there anything I can do with the VIN before I actually go into production? Can I add it to Ford Pass? If yes, what will that let me do?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You don't want to do any setup before you own the car. You start the clock on things that expire. I added my VIN to FordPass. Shows a picture. That's it.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That post claims that certain service trials were activated prior to first sale of the vehicle, and that this was caused by him successfully activating the vehicle in FordPass.

This should not happen. The factory shouldn't have accepted the activation. Anyone can get a VIN in advance and try to activate it, whether they end up owning the vehicle or not. Ford should not begin trial activations until a vehicle is recorded as first-sold. If that other owner's claim is accurate, he should get this mistake corrected.

But the only big takeaway for our OP, @NewGuy, is don't ACTIVATE the vehicle in FordPass until you are sitting in your new vehicle. It's perfectly fine to add it to FordPass. Ford is hoping that you will, and hoping you'll have a nice experience with Remote Vehicle Setup.

When I first sat in my vehicle for my test drive, it welcomed me by name and was ready to start with some of my driver preferences. That was neat... This was only possible because I completed remote vehicle setup in FordPass. I did not ACTIVATE FordPass Connect in advance though, as you are supposed to be in your vehicle when you do that.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Got the word on Thursday that I have a 4/11 build date and I got my VIN.

It makes me happy to stare at it, but is there anything I can do with the VIN before I actually go into production? Can I add it to Ford Pass? If yes, what will that let me do?

Thanks all!
If you go to shop.ford.com and enter your 4 digit order number and the VIN you can print the window sticker. You can register in FordPass since all services and warranties begin on title (purchase) date. Don’t Activate Connected Services until you get title.

OP
OP

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
But the only big takeaway for our OP, @NewGuy, is don't ACTIVATE the vehicle in FordPass until you are sitting in your new vehicle.
Don’t Activate Connected Services until you get title.
Thanks all.

Is there a clear step where I’ll know to stop before I activate?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks all.

The button says ACTIVATE on it. Don't tap that button. FordPass layout has changed a few times, but the activate button is on the vehicle tab and probably looks like this:

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
If you go to shop.ford.com and enter your 4 digit order number and the VIN you can print the window sticker. You can register in FordPass since all services and warranties begin on title (purchase) date. Don’t Activate Connected Services until you get title.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anywhere on that page where one can enter an order number or VIN.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks all.

Unless someone messes up I believe you can not Activate your Mach until purchased. I read a note somewhere that the dealer has to allow activation. It appears someone may have got past this step previously but it just makes sense not to allow activation until you own the car.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see anywhere on that page where one can enter an order number or VIN.
shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

Sorry…I received my MME in August so I should have remembered since I typed it thousands of times.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

Sorry…I received my MME in August so I should have remembered since I typed it thousands of times.
Is there a way to get the order number needed for that site if you have a VIN but no window sticker yet? (I think I remember reading it's not the same order number as the one from the Ford order confirmation email)

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Is there a way to get the order number needed for that site if you have a VIN but no window sticker yet? (I think I remember reading it's not the same order number as the one from the Ford order confirmation email)
Did you sign an order at the dealer. Attached is a copy of mine with the order number circled. It’s not the same as the reservation number on your email.

image.jpg
Sponsored