Home Charging Options

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'll be getting a $549 JuiceBox 40 from Costco as I get cash back with their free visa card.
2%.

The Costco unit has a 20 ft hose. The Amazon version has a 25 ft hose and is $100 more.
Sponsored

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
We bought and installed a Charge Point Flex and loved it.
Then we moved and took the L2 charger with us. But we haven't been able to install the charger yet. So we're using the Ford L1 mobile charger. For most of our use, it's been perfectly fine for the past several months. We did have to go to a DCFC once for an unplanned trip out of town. And we do want the control over the scheduler that the L2 charger allowed (but in its place we just use the app to start the car 10 minutes before we leave).

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I have the Ford branded one, no complaints, I like that it ties into the Ford Pass app. Outside of that nothing really special. But, I was able to actually snag it at a discount, if we're talking the full $799 msrp, there's a lot better options listed here.

OP
OP
Darauk

Darauk

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT PE, 2020 F-150, 2019 Altima
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Thank you for all of the perspectives. While I start to research and compare options, just to be sure I am looking at the right ones to compare, is this the Emporia EVSE that people are referring to?

EMPORIA ENERGY Smart Electric Vehicle EV Charger

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
Ha, I don't know a thing about home charging until yesterday(took delivery yesterday). To keep it sweet and simple here are your options

pay very very very close attention to the numbers in the picture

Ford Mustang Mach-E Home Charging Options 1665894713527

• Option 1 - Connected charge station, you can use any major brand (costs about $600 + installation), expensive but fast and future proof(sort of)
  • Option 2 - Ford Mobile Charger on a 240V - Not fast, but not expensive either (about 100$ + installation)
  • Option 3 - Ford Mobile Charger on a 120V - no need to discuss this
again, pay very close attention to the numbers and follow those number while installing.
Eg: Not every 240v outlet is same. Outlet may look similar but the amp is different

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Option 2 - Ford Mobile Charger on a 240V - Not fast, but not expensive either (about 100$ + installation)
What‘s the $100 for? The car comes with the mobile charger.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That's for the hardware you got to buy from home Depot. Sockets, tripper etc
If you aren’t including the parts in the cost of installation, I would budget more than $100 for them. Just a decent outlet will cost close to that, not to mention the cost of the wire.

kkgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e
Country flag
If you aren’t including the parts in the cost of installation, I would budget more than $100 for them. Just a decent outlet will cost close to that, not to mention the cost of the wire.
Yes true, thanks for correcting me. There are wide range priced similar products depending on quality

mjs020294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Just purchased an Emporia to replace my GrizzlE. The 5%machE code may still work on their site. Another way to get a discount is make an account and put a charger in your cart and leave it. Emporia may send you a 5% code to finish checkout in a day or so.

I would recommend getting the energy monitor at the same time; the bundle price is decent.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Looks like it's hard wired.

willowma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium ER AWD on order
Country flag
I have the Chargepoint HomeFlex hardwired with 60 amp breaker but have been very happy using it to draw 40 amps rather than 48 (was concerned at the louder noise at 48 and never bothered to get a TSB update to fix this). Not sure what I will do though if we get a second EV (cord length may be too short to share the charger, and am used to plugging it in all the time in the garage).
Sponsored