Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not when it is my private property. I have authority over my private property.
You would think , but no. If you are breaking the law they would get a warrant and verify that you are in violation of the law...so........ You don't have all authority over your property.
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I have to back into my garage to charge. My infant sonā€™s room is above the garage. Sleeping infants do not appreciate the beeping.
When our kids were young my wife ran the vacuum cleaner in their rooms when they napped. This taught them to be able to sleep through anything.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Not when it is my private property. I have authority over my private property.
Well, no, that's not true. If you violate the law, such as murdering your spouse, even on your private property you are subject to the legal consequences. Well, maybe a better example is not following building codes (and getting permits) when you modify your house. You are then responsible for any harm that comes to those that could be injured by your modifications.

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
When our kids were young my wife ran the vacuum cleaner in their rooms when they napped. This taught them to be able to sleep through anything.
Yeah, we have a white noise machine that works well. Uses much less power than our 1200W vacuum too! For some reason though, the MME beeps just cut through it for the little guy.

Digitalsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE (replaced 2021 Premium RWD)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nice job. Is the speaker located in the frunk?

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
At one time I thought that back-up alarms were for equipment, trucks and the old fart driving the Buick.
Since you are manipulating a factory installed safety item, if you lower, or turn off the alarm and run someone over you will be in DEEP shite.

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
That seems like a ton of work for a minor benefit. I back in to my garage as well, so I get the annoyance, but it isn't particularly loud. Now, the upcoming Borla fake ICE exhaust - that sounds like a lot of fun and worth popping some panels out! To each their own, right?

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Nice job. Is the speaker located in the frunk?
The pedestrian speaker? That is located under the frunk. You have to lift the car (I drove up on ramps) and take the under carriage cover off to get to it. It isn't hard at all. Search the forum for backup beeper deleter which provides all you need to know to get to the speaker. If you can't find it, let me know and I will look it up.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Now, the upcoming Borla fake ICE exhaust - that sounds like a lot of fun and worth popping some panels out! To each their own, right?

Borla fake exhaust is very bad in all situations.

Looks great @mkhuffman, better watch out because the honorary junior NHTSA web enforcement patrol might report you to the highest authorities of NHTSA! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Borla fake exhaust is very bad in all situations.

Looks great @mkhuffman, better watch out because the honorary junior NHTSA web enforcement patrol might report you to the highest authorities of NHTSA! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Bring it!

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag

better watch out because the honorary junior NHTSA web enforcement patrol might report you to the highest authorities of NHTSA! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
You're probably including me here. For the record, I don't claim any authority and I'm not out to get anyone. Some have made up their minds and won't budge. For anyone mulling this over, a reality check is worthwhile.

We've seen this before. Online forums tend to inspire all kinds of effort that often only matter to our counterparts in said forums.

When you look at a larger context though, what is the risk/reward for this out in the real world? I suspect the slow rolling whir and 18 seconds of beeping cause more anxiety for some drivers than either scorn or annoyance from any number of onlookers.

If one tampers with the noise maker and something happens, there's a possibility that one escapes legal and civil consequences. They'd never have to openly admit it in public--in fact they'd probably be advised by counsel to refrain from doing so. What remains is between them and their conscience.

Like I said before, go in with eyes open.

ā˜®

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You're probably including me here. For the record, I don't claim any authority and I'm not out to get anyone. Some have made up their minds and won't budge. For anyone mulling this over, a reality check is worthwhile.

We've seen this before. Online forums tend to inspire all kinds of effort that often only matter to our counterparts in said forums.

When you look at a larger context though, what is the risk/reward for this out in the real world? I suspect the slow rolling whir and 18 seconds of beeping cause more anxiety for some drivers than either scorn or annoyance from any number of onlookers.

If one tampers with the noise maker and something happens, there's a possibility that one escapes legal and civil consequences. They'd never have to openly admit it in public--in fact they'd probably be advised by counsel to refrain from doing so. What remains is between them and their conscience.

Like I said before, go in with eyes open.

ā˜®
I am anti-noise pollution. The quiet sounds of nature is all I want to hear.

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Iā€™ll never understand the complaints about the back up sound. I barely hear it with the windows up,
Got to agree here. Donā€™t get why all this work to quiet the backup sound, while admitting that you turn it up at the dealer out of safety concerns.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Got to agree here. Donā€™t get why all this work to quiet the backup sound, while admitting that you turn it up at the dealer out of safety concerns.
I think any modification to the system would open up to liability if something bad happened, I wouldn't mess around with it at all.
Sponsored