JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Wow, three in one day? I've seen only a Silver, White, and 2 Carbonized in Norcal since the MME was released!
Yeah I'm in Ford country. I would say a good 60% of the residents in my town are Ford (or a teir-1 supplier) employees. The Ranger/Bronco plant is just 5 miles away and Dearborn is 20 miles.

Just today I saw a full sized Bronco going down the road. I'd say they are getting really close given by the number I see on the roads here.

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Funny thing is when Jeep slapped two extra doors on the Wrangler....way back in the mid-2000s. People were the same way..."not-a-wrangler" "soccer moms" etc.

No one talks about that anymore. In fact, now Wrangler owners look at you crosswise if you DON'T have the Unlimited version.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Only positive comments from people I encounter. Lots of negative comments on social media threads discussing EVs, but that's mostly trolls who are afraid of the market shifting away from gas. Every time that happens I rub a little salt in their wound by reminding them that their tax dollars are helping to subsidize my vehicle via the $7,500 tax credit. Oh man, they HATE that.

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Only positive comments from people I encounter. Lots of negative comments on social media threads discussing EVs, but that's mostly trolls who are afraid of the market shifting away from gas. Every time that happens I rub a little salt in their wound by reminding them that their tax dollars are helping to subsidize my vehicle via the $7,500 tax credit. Oh man, they HATE that.
Remember when we said overthrow the government? We can keep the tax credits. Everything else can go

slambertr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Fun thread - similar experiences! I've only had positive reactions. My favorite: after a traffic light, I see a a Mustang GT speeding up to catch me. He pulls alongside. My sci-fi nerdy self will just say he looked "tough" (my bias). We get to the next stoplight and he motions me to roll down my window. He proceeds to tell me he loves the car and gives me a big thumbs up. We both speed away. That's the only reaction I'll ever need!

TeeMart1984

First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E AWD
Occupation
Painter
Country flag
Lots of positive feedback on my end. I’ve been followed twice and had the drivers get out and approach me about the car. The salesman wasn’t lying when he warned me about the attention it would get. Oh, and numerous times I’ve looked in my rear view mirror to see the person behind me taking a picture. Lots of finger pointing from the younger generation as well. I had the new body style mustang in 2015 and got it pretty early (before the masses had seen them) but no where near the amount of attention that I’m getting from the Mach E.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Good one.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Driving in the center lane of a local freeway minding my own business cruising along letting the car drive as much as it can doing 78 mph.

A grey Camaro Z71 quickly approaches from behind us in the left lane, slows down to match our speed at our 10 O'clock position. They jab their throttle a few times to make their car rock, generate some noise and try to goad us into racing. After no "response" from us they speed up and continue ahead at their previous blistering pace.... So many people in a hurry these days.

Same trip we were checking out the picnic pavilions at a local park (planning for a future party/BBQ). Always got quite a few people at the pavilions looking back at us as we were checking out the space LOL. (of course they could have been thinking "I wonder who those creepers are?")

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Oh I forgot about my favorite one. I was parked out front of IKEA, next to a model Y, and we were both charging. I was walking out behind a group of young adult females (I’m guessing early 20s), and one said “what do you think about having an electric car like a Tesla?” (and pointed to the Tesla). Her friend said “ugh, that’s something my mom would drive but THIS (points to my car) is something I’d be interested in!”

I donned a huge smile underneath my mask, before “kicking” the hatch open and going about my day.
Sponsored