sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
And being a cyclist I've experienced one of the things they do to get their rocks off, they call it "rolling coal" and the goal is when you see cyclists to do it. I kid you not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal
I'm part of the "mustang crowd". I drove a supercharged Mustang GT for 10 years, and even I have been coal rolled on the highway by one of those bored pickup trucks. Most are just a**holes. Fortunately, in the GT, I could just blow past him and leave him in the dust.
Sponsored

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Did you respond "why, why, why are you still burning fossil fuel and putting pollution out your butt?" (just kidding--sort of).
I responded Why not, it's cleaner and faster ?

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You'll get used to it. Usually I get the lifted trucks that rev up and spew black smoke as they loudly and slowly pull away. Mostly people that dislike electric cars in general.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You'll get used to it. Usually I get the lifted trucks that rev up and spew black smoke as they loudly and slowly pull away. Mostly people that dislike electric cars in general.
It's funny one weekend a group of us were on some back roads, a pretty big group maybe 15 cyclists. A guy in a jacked up pickup, decided he'd show off by blowing past us at speed, he went on to lose control of his truck and ran off the road. Best laugh I had in some time.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
The demographic of Mustang Owners in Northern NJ that shop at Whole Foods is not going to be the "hater" crowd. There are a lot of very insecure people out there, typically driving lifted pickup trucks with noisy exhausts who somehow feel threatened by electric vehicles. These are the same idiots who have been trolling Tesla drivers for years, and blocking EV chargers. Now that one of their favorite brands is on an EV they are even more upset than before.
Yeah we should be ok in northern NJ but there will be those random few that are haters haha funny enough, we’ll be able to blow most of them away at a stoplight (AWD ER).

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
Yeah we should be ok in northern NJ but there will be those random few that are haters haha funny enough, we’ll be able to blow most of them away at a stoplight (AWD ER).
Absolutely. Go a little south and you’ll find a lot of the hater crowd.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's funny one weekend a group of us were on some back roads, a pretty big group maybe 15 cyclists. A guy in a jacked up pickup, decided he'd show off by blowing past us at speed, he went on to lose control of his truck and ran off the road. Best laugh I had in some time.
Karma does exist!

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Aside from a penchant for new technology my motivation is more good old fashioned stinginess. I figure gas and diesel prices are going to spike.
I'm not quite in the stinginess category. More in the controlling my own future category. I have solar on my roof so I produce the vast majority of my own electricity. Eliminating gasoline means I'm not subject to the whims of oil market and producing my own electricity means I'm not subject to the ever increasing rates from our electric utility. Solar is like prepaying for electricity. I'm retired. I can't count on my income rising as fast as prices rise. The more stable my expenses then the better off I am for the things that are beyond my control. If I could afford it, I'd get rid of my natural gas heating and replace it with heat pumps powered by solar. Limited funds means a limited amount that I can control. Maybe in 5 or 10 years, if I'm still around, I'll be able to go 100% renewable. Just not yet.
Sponsored