Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
this video gives a pretty good explanation of a/c systems in general. My only comment would be that I believe the electronic valve on the chiller's TXV is just a shutoff valve; the TXV opening is still passively controlled.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Interesting in that Ford is taking a more conventional approach at this time. They are using a design that has been their bread and butter for a while and adapting to the BEV model. I wonder what the changes will be over the next few years - do they go the heat pump route or stay with a condenser and traditional AC model.

Holy Driver

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Anything what could explain why the charging is so loud with 3 phases and 16A (germany)?
Bad cooling of ac/dc converter?

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
They keep talking about the liquid cooled condenser needing less components but where is that liquid getting cooled? There has to be some sort of heat exchanger somewhere that, unless I missed it, never gets mentioned.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Interesting in that Ford is taking a more conventional approach at this time. They are using a design that has been their bread and butter for a while and adapting to the BEV model. I wonder what the changes will be over the next few years - do they go the heat pump route or stay with a condenser and traditional AC model.
Going with what they know reduces the variables needed to hit the ground running. This lets them concentrate on what has to be done differently for an EV. I believe that for Ford's first all EV car this has been a very good job so far. Yes, there have been some software glitches but they'll get those worked out.

The reality is that because it's Ford's first EV and they called it a Mustang this car will be scrutinized ad nauseum and every little flaw will be amplified tremendously making it seem like it's just failing when it's not.

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
They keep talking about the liquid cooled condenser needing less components but where is that liquid getting cooled? There has to be some sort of heat exchanger somewhere that, unless I missed it, never gets mentioned.
The radiator they didn't show.

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
Anything what could explain why the charging is so loud with 3 phases and 16A (germany)?
Bad cooling of ac/dc converter?
See the topic 'insane charging noise' in charging section. Ford already responded to this

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Interesting to learn how the cooling and heating systems work in the Mustang Mach-E. I'm not an engineer, but I can add some important observations as the owner of an MME in the south: That AC system cools down the inside on hot summer day real nice and quick, best AC in all the many cars I have owned. And in the winter, the heat is instantaneous and warm.

Sponsored