UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The slimming black rocker panels on the lower parts of the doors are also very Mach-E esque. “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.” Ford design did a great job here.

Frameless mirrors are sexy.
Sponsored

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Wow, I have to guess the price is due to them going for an 800 Volt architecture or something. I can't imagine buying that over an MME, HI5, EV6, etc. The interior is fine, and the materials may be nicer than the above mentioned, but that isn't worth $20-ish k. The only thing that would be appealing about it would be 400 mile range or something that stands out.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The slimming black rocker panels on the lower parts of the doors are also very Mach-E esque. “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.” Ford design did a great job here.

Frameless mirrors are sexy.
Yeah I can't believe how Mach-e that interior is. Even the instrument cluster. The automotive arm of China has long been accused of some very, very similar designs in their vehicles to major brands. A lot of look-a-likes. But I didn't expect that from Polestar.

Not that Ford is entirely innocent with some of their Tesla inspired interior choices, like the pasted on vertical tablet which is the only thing about our Mach-e I dislike.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Many speculated the Polestar 3 bringing 350-375 mile EPA range and that fell way short. Very disappointing.
I agreed, super disappointing. Surprised they couldn't get 350 mile range with a 111 kwH battery. Must be very inefficient?

Now I'm curious what the upcoming Volvo XC90 EV will bring spec-wise.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Funflation. $83k is the new $43k.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I agreed, super disappointing. Surprised they couldn't get 350 mile range with a 111 kwH battery. Must be very inefficient?

Now I'm curious what the upcoming Volvo XC90 EV will bring spec-wise.
I'm shocked that it gets such horrible range with an 111 kWh battery, perhaps they are sandbagging really bad or not a lot of that 111 kWh battery is actually usable? The car itself looks like it would be aerodynamic so I'm wondering what is causing the limited range.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
Based on my Volvo 2016 XC90 experience, I am very reluctant to buy another Volvo or derivative.

We will see how this Ford manages... yet I have to say, I have not even done a full WOT on Unbridled because I fear the HVJBDEATHTHING.

Also for this things cost, and range, it should be bigger than it is... but its not...

I liked the Volvo infotainment center they developed - I had the new Android based version on a few of my rentals (that I got often because the thing was in the shop all the time) - and I did not like that.. I liked the in-house one better, but apparently that is being fully replaced by the android version in all new things.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Yeah I can't believe how Mach-e that interior is. Even the instrument cluster. The automotive arm of China has long been accused of some very, very similar designs in their vehicles to major brands. A lot of look-a-likes. But I didn't expect that from Polestar.

Not that Ford is entirely innocent with some of their Tesla inspired interior choices, like the pasted on vertical tablet which is the only thing about our Mach-e I dislike.
I agree, my mind instantly went to the Mach-E when I saw the interior instrument cluster and infotainment screen. The Ford team did do a great job of the interior design!

Mezoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium RWD SR order
Country flag
I don't get why this car is priced this high.
Everything about it already exist at a lower price.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I'm shocked that it gets such horrible range with an 111 kWh battery, perhaps they are sandbagging really bad or not a lot of that 111 kWh battery is actually usable? The car itself looks like it would be aerodynamic so I'm wondering what is causing the limited range.
It weighs about a half-ton more than the Mach-E

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Not appealing at all for 85k, especially as a starting point. The other options in that price range are far superior.

OP
OP

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
If they were smart, they would have priced it under $80k to get the Federal tax credit.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
If they were smart, they would have priced it under $80k to get the Federal tax credit.
Is it made in North America? And it is Chinese.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
The 2023s will be built in China. The 2024s are supposed to be built in the US.
OK, it's still a Chinese company. With their human rights record and their support of Russia in the Ukraine war, I'm avoiding Chinese products whenever possible.
Sponsored