First Name
Rinel
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Kia Optima, 2006 Toyota Corolla, 1970 Ford mustang
Occupation
banker
Country flag
yeah I really thought the GTPE could shine doing laps on a track with a professional driver, this was my thinking in looking past the 1/4 mile.

the marketing track ride-along gave a very different impression than the reality of underperforming full sized SUVs.

this is beyond software. This was undeniable underperformance in repeated well controlled professional runs on a standardized track.

With such surprisingly lackluster overall performance, I really don’t think I’ll go forward with purchasing at this time.

I’d love for someone to show me the optimistic side of these metrics. Pretty deflated on this vehicle.
You said it better. I said it first lol

I wonder what you’ll get instead.
I placed my order yesterday for its replacement.
Advertisement

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150, 2019 GT350, Mach-e GT + Lightning order
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Given the range is the same as the 4x trims, I guess we just consider the GT version as an appearance package that happens to have better acceleration below 40 mph.

Kind of like the M-sport package BMW has been putting on it's SUVs lately.

Had more value when at least some of the colors were unique though.

Kevin P

Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Shelby GT500, 1988 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So, after having an MME GT reserved since nov 2019, and being very much excited about it, especially after driving a 4X ER AWD, I am done. The metrics coming out just make me feel like I would be buying a second-rate product. I have owned 4 Mustangs in my life, all V8 and manual trans. I still own a GT500 and a fox-body. But I will not buy something half-baked. Please no jokes about V8 Mustangs being half-baked ;) They were all competitively fast with anything close $$ wise at the time, and have an emotional appeal.

The wife and I went a different way and bought an Estoril blue M240i x-drive convertible BMW. She has always wanted a blue BMW convertible, so we did it. Can't wait to get it. My Space White MMEGT is supposed to show up in late Oct. If anyone is interested in it let me know.

phil

Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
As an aside from the topic of how fast it is, am I the only one thinking how inefficient it would be for an EV police vehicle? Are we going to have officers sitting around charging their cars half the day? Or slowing down on acceleration because they're under 40% battery when something goes down?
Million-dollar idea: Donut shop EV chargers!

1633312503774.png

Frankie

Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Mustang
Country flag
Remember this blast from the past, lol good times:

"My fears were justified, OP let off the throttle before the 1/4 mile traps."

Rabidsquirrel22

Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro SS, Ford Escape
Country flag
Just to offer a counterpoint to the police test track time, the GTPE set a very good time in the goodwood fos hill climb with a professional driver at the wheel.

D2490946-2ECB-4051-A3F5-77024DA5AADC.jpeg

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150, 2019 GT350, Mach-e GT + Lightning order
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Just to offer a counterpoint to the police test track time, the GTPE set a very good time in the goodwood fos hill climb with a professional driver at the wheel.

Any times available for the MME GT and other comparable cars?

Mach1E

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS, GTPE on order
Country flag

Was that this run?

Definitely needs some more context. Also not very many turns in that run.

It’s a good thing an Accord 2.0t wasn’t there.

Last edited:

Rabidsquirrel22

Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro SS, Ford Escape
Country flag
This is the list. I don’t find it very helpful since I don’t recognize almost any of the cars named on it. https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-...speed/2021/7/fos-2021-timed-shootout-results/
Either way, that doesn’t seem like it lines up with performance barely beating an F-150 and V6 Durango to me. It also doesn’t seem like it’s throttling power after only a short initial burst from the launch like many have speculated.

Frankie

Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Mustang
Country flag
This is the list. I don’t find it very helpful since I don’t recognize almost any of the cars named on it. https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-...speed/2021/7/fos-2021-timed-shootout-results/
Either way, that doesn’t seem like it lines up with performance barely beating an F-150 and V6 Durango to me. It also doesn’t seem like it’s throttling power after only a short initial burst from the launch like many have speculated.
Speculated? The power throttling has been proven via dragy times and video of the Mach-e's own gauges.

Mach1E

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS, GTPE on order
Country flag
Hmm, it was the “fastest production car” and possibly the “only production car.”

For example, the Holden Commodore that beat it by 8 seconds? Here is a video of that car:

Rabidsquirrel22

Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro SS, Ford Escape
Country flag
It beat a 60 horsepower mercedes and also a Camaro that didn't finish.
It beat that bottom of the list Mercedes by 30 seconds. I’m sure people with more car knowledge than me will know what some of those other vehicles are.

My apologies for interrupting the salt fest that this thread has turned in to by trying to offer more data in a somewhat comparable situation as the police track test.

Advertisement

Advertisement