First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This is a concern. Particularly for those of you in hotter climates. Is it being looked into?
??‍♂. I hope so. Optimistic me believes that:

- Ford is gathering vehicle telemetry, including diagnostic codes.
- Ford is paying attention to this forum.
- Ford wants to minimize warranty expenses and have happy customers.
- Overheated battery chemistry and/or electronics leads to failures and repairs and dissatisfied customers.
- Ford will respond with updated programming.
- Ford has already responded, at least within Ford Netherlands, promising upcoming changes to cooling strategies while connected to chargers.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Bumping my own thread since my car didn't charge again last night. These episodes used to be few and far between but now are becoming more frequent. I don't even know why I am bothering to post here about it.....I guess just to get the word out there that this issue still hasn't been resolved and actually now appears to be getting worse.

Charge location are set up and enabled.
When plugged in last night the car said it was waiting for the scheduled time to start charging.
FordPass said the same thing. I went to bed expecting it to charge during the night but that didn't happen for whatever reason.

Lucky for me that I am able to charge at work. I kinda wish I could have my Focus Electric back. That car never missed a scheduled charge.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
My Wife’s MME did charge last night with some assistance from a fan I set up to keep the Mobile Charger happy! Somehow, my problem with scheduled charging cleared up by itself? Since I got CSP 21P22 I have to check to make sure charging started before I go to bed!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Bumping my own thread since my car didn't charge again last night. These episodes used to be few and far between but now are becoming more frequent. I don't even know why I am bothering to post here about it.....I guess just to get the word out there that this issue still hasn't been resolved and actually now appears to be getting worse.

Charge location are set up and enabled.
When plugged in last night the car said it was waiting for the scheduled time to start charging.
FordPass said the same thing. I went to bed expecting it to charge during the night but that didn't happen for whatever reason.

Lucky for me that I am able to charge at work. I kinda wish I could have my Focus Electric back. That car never missed a scheduled charge.
If it gets bad enough, I guess you can just turn charge scheduling off and manually choose when to plug in and unplug, but then it will charge to 100% if you don't unplug first.

Unless you have a programmable EVSE where you can set charge times. But even that's a guesstimate on when to have it stop if you don't want it going all the way to 100%.

Marc S

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select (lease ended) Now 2023 GTPE
Country flag
My car fails to start charging on a regular basis. I have it set to start at 11:00PM and since I am up at that time I monitor it. Often it will fail to start. I go out to the car and unplug it, then plug it back in and charging starts immediately. Obviously a bug of some sort.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
If it gets bad enough, I guess you can just turn charge scheduling off and manually choose when to plug in and unplug, but then it will charge to 100% if you don't unplug first.
If you set the schedule to 24 hours / day, you can still have a charge limit. It would effectively behave like scheduling off, but with a charge limit.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you set the schedule to 24 hours / day, you can still have a charge limit. It would effectively behave like scheduling off, but with a charge limit.
That's a good idea. I dismissed that at first thinking the problem that's preventing the charge schedule from working right would probably prevent that too. But if just unplugging and replugging kickstarts it as reported above, then you just do that if needed when initially plugging in (if it fails to start charging).

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Unless you have a programmable EVSE where you can set charge times. But even that's a guesstimate on when to have it stop if you don't want it going all the way to 100%.
It may come to that. I have two EVSEs at home, one is a ChargePoint Home Flex so I think that one will do scheduling. In fact, I believe the utility company would even like to control it so that woudl force the charge during off hours thing. Right now I am using the basic non-connected EVSE (32A) and my wife is using the CPHF (set to 32A).

Everything gets complicated when summer comes because I will need to play with the maximum charge settings to allow the car to cool the battery but not charge the HVB. It kinda sucks but that is what I have to deal with.

Great car otherwise. Really cool features, nice style. Plenty of room and range.
Doesn't charge worth a crap though.

Oneoone

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e premium
Occupation
Pc tech
Country flag
I have the same problem , but if I walk out with my key and the car recognizes it- it starts charging without having to unplug. Just frustrating because I have to get out of bed and check every night.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have the same problem , but if I walk out with my key and the car recognizes it- it starts charging without having to unplug. Just frustrating because I have to get out of bed and check every night.
I am lucky I guess because I am able to wake up my car by refreshing FordPass. That usually get it to start charging (provided the scheduled time has arrived)

Youniverse

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mache E
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E did not charge last night! BF1AE4DD-5108-43F5-B6A2-B3645CBEDECC
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E did not charge last night! 50B28369-A4CE-4F4C-BF91-2223EA92DD20

I woke up to this issue as well. First time and I’ve had the mach e since February and I have not changed any charge settings. My automatic updates are on Tuesday so I don’t think that would cause any issue. When I looked at my chargepoint app, it shows my mach e starting the charge at exactly 8 am this morning even though I plugged it in at 8pm last night.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E My Mach-E did not charge last night! 50B28369-A4CE-4F4C-BF91-2223EA92DD20

I woke up to this issue as well. First time and I’ve had the mach e since February and I have not changed any charge settings. My automatic updates are on Tuesday so I don’t think that would cause any issue. When I looked at my chargepoint app, it shows my mach e starting the charge at exactly 8 am this morning even though I plugged it in at 8pm last night.
same thing happened to me last night, but unplugging and resetting the the charger fixed everything

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I discovered a clue recently. When the car fails to wake up to charge, there are two different addresses in FP.
On the Vehicle screen, it shows my address correctly. Press Details to show the Charge Session page and scroll down to Charge Location and it shows an address about a mile away.

I dont know why the car thinks it is in two different places but I think that may be the root cause of this issue.

tobin1920

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I discovered a clue recently. When the car fails to wake up to charge, there are two different addresses in FP.
On the Vehicle screen, it shows my address correctly. Press Details to show the Charge Session page and scroll down to Charge Location and it shows an address about a mile away.

I dont know why the car thinks it is in two different places but I think that may be the root cause of this issue.
I'll check this out tomorrow to see if the same pattern occurs here - thanks for sharing this.

For the last week, I've had to manually wake my car up after charging was scheduled to start but didn't. I only got it in April and the schedule had been perfect until last week. It now seems to go to sleep instantly when I park and goes into a state where it doesn't realize that the scheduled charge start time has arrived, if that makes sense. I noticed that when I go down to manually start it (while plugged in), the clock displays the previous time that I parked it for about 10-15 seconds while everything boots - then, once the time updates on the main display, I hear the click of my chargepoint and it begins charging once it finally realizes that it's within the charge schedule. Really frustrating and I can't seem to figure out the rhyme or reason - I just park it, lock it and plug in, same as I always have. I don't have a schedule set on my chargepoint, I'm in the "let the car handle the charging schedule" camp (so far at least).
Sponsored