shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Has anyone had to cancel your Mach E order, (don't panic - I reordered with another dealer)? What happened to your deposit? I’m having a problem between Ford and my dealer. The deposit charge was done on my credit card and the charge shows up from my dealer, but they are pointing fingers at Ford. Ford says that it’s a dealer thing. So the question remains. What happened to your deposit when you canceled?
File a dispute with your credit card company.
Sponsored

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
File a dispute with your credit card company.
If you know that the dealer is currently holding your deposit, and they refuse to acknowledge it, claiming that the deposit is with Ford, then it seems unlikely that you signed anything with the dealer when making the deposit.
In that case, they surely will not care when you tell them that you will be disputing the charge with your credit card company.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
USAA quoted me only $300 more a year than my 06 ?. Pretty decent for full coverage.
State Farm quoted me about 200 to 300 than my 2017 Pony GT convertible. They had the MME in their system.

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
Has anyone had to cancel your Mach E order, (don't panic - I reordered with another dealer)? What happened to your deposit? I’m having a problem between Ford and my dealer. The deposit charge was done on my credit card and the charge shows up from my dealer, but they are pointing fingers at Ford. Ford says that it’s a dealer thing. So the question remains. What happened to your deposit when you canceled?
I have cancelled and absolute radio silence from Ford and the dealer

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Ford will only refund if its a reservation and it applies only to GT at this point. if the issue is with a non GT order (previous reservation converted to order or new order) then dealer refunds you the $500 assuming you knew upfront that the funds are refundable. Its no different than me not wanting to buy my current order when its delivered. If my dealer told me the 500 is refundable then he gives it back. I may have to bug him a few times. If it was never mentioned that its refundable then its a back and forth but Ford is out of the picture once the order is placed.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Your post reminds me of a situation I will have to deal with in the near future. Placed an order for MME via a bad dealer and ended up with new order at a different dealer. Informed the bad dealer of canceling my order several times by emails - nothing done and that MME will be delivered in the next 90 days. I will have to deal with the same issue getting my 500 back and even though I have an email from the dealer saying its refundable and has my cancelation request emails I have reasons to believe it will be a fight and not easy.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Your post reminds me of a situation I will have to deal with in the near future. Placed an order for MME via a bad dealer and ended up with new order at a different dealer. Informed the bad dealer of canceling my order several times by emails - nothing done and that MME will be delivered in the next 90 days. I will have to deal with the same issue getting my 500 back and even though I have an email from the dealer saying its refundable and has my cancelation request emails I have reasons to believe it will be a fight and not easy.
Should be simple . . . dispute with CC company now. If asked (which you probably won't be), provide copy of emails.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
If you know that the dealer is currently holding your deposit, and they refuse to acknowledge it, claiming that the deposit is with Ford, then it seems unlikely that you signed anything with the dealer when making the deposit.
In that case, they surely will not care when you tell them that you will be disputing the charge with your credit card company.
The credit card company does not care who is "holding" the deposit. They care who charged your credit card. When I converted my reservation, Ford refunded my $500 and the dealer charged it. I assume that is how it went in most cases, but if Ford never issued a refund, it's on them.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Same scenario for me. Order cancelled in June and I still haven’t gotten my $500 refunded. They’ve been blaming each other.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
The credit card company does not care who is "holding" the deposit. They care who charged your credit card. When I converted my reservation, Ford refunded my $500 and the dealer charged it. I assume that is how it went in most cases, but if Ford never issued a refund, it's on them.
You are right - that's the way to go when the dealer does not want to be fair. AT least in a few weeks thee CC company refunds your money and the dealer and Ford and figure out how they handle their own stuff without us involved.

DaveHsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E on order
Occupation
manager
Country flag
Build date was just pushed back from 2/14 to 3/1.

Order Date 6/30/2020
Order Number 100104xx
Premium ER AWD

The fact that a few people are actually receiving their vehicles does encourage me, but I feel like the last kid picked for kickball.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Build date was just pushed back from 2/14 to 3/1.

Order Date 6/30/2020
Order Number 100104xx
Premium ER AWD

The fact that a few people are actually receiving their vehicles does encourage me, but I feel like the last kid picked for kickball.
I feel the same....mine was pushed back from 2/14 to 3/1 as well today. That’s my second push back. Not super thrilled.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I feel the same....mine was pushed back from 2/14 to 3/1 as well today. That’s my second push back. Not super thrilled.
Gotta believe this is a supplier issue. A very well timed article yesterday mentioned most MME delays were due to a single supplier. The Ford exec declined to say which one.
Sponsored