Our Ongoing Nightmare

Psalm139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Abarth 124
Country flag
After a few hours of research it's hard to find any negative points on the Rivian. Low quality camera resolution, no power up tailgate, maybe quick to show signs of ware on the charge port door, slightly slow UI. None of which would bother me if I'm able to sell Apollo back to Ford there's a chance I might go that route or lease until something viable comes around.
I like the Rivian too, but a few points of caution.
1. It is just today being delivery to non-employees. I'm interested to see how they do over the next 6 months.
2. If you order one now, I think you are looking at mid 2024 on the delivery. Late 2023 at best.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
1. It is just today being delivery to non-employees. I'm interested to see how they do over the next 6 months.
2. If you order one now, I think you are looking at mid 2024 on the delivery. Late 2023 at best.
To be fair on #2 - all of the electric trucks have very long queues at this point. If you put in a Lightning reservation today, you are looking at 2024 as well.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
That's based on everyone who has a fully refundable deposit taking delivery. Would bet its less then 50%.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Same here. At least my blind 90 year old father's pickup, that he keeps paying insurance and registration for, but can't drive, would get some use.
You sure he can't drive it? Its happened before

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
You sure he can't drive it? Its happened before
Oh, he can drive it. Hell, he rides a trike around, during the day and at night, because according to him he can see better at night (might actually be true).

I guess there are worse ways to go than winding up a hood ornament.

Noctivigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current GTPE Grabber Blue,Previous FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Nick, I'm getting the same clunks when I've been turning. Trying to schedule service with Ford along with the 2 recalls, and SW updates. Still waiting to hear back...been 4 days. Concerned I will be out of a car for weeks.
Wife stopped by the dealer today, they won't do any recall work since they don't know whom is doing the work. Scheduled for next Thursday for the other items.

Do your dealerships wash/clean your cars upon return? This dealership doesn't, shocked me as all the different brands of cars I've owned, they all clean it up before return.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
Wife stopped by the dealer today, they won't do any recall work since they don't know whom is doing the work. Scheduled for next Thursday for the other items.

Do your dealerships wash/clean your cars upon return? This dealership doesn't, shocked me as all the different brands of cars I've owned, they all clean it up before return.
Mine doesn't wash the car either. They said their volume is too great to be able to handle washes.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I hope by now you are warm and safe! I had the same pull over safely message. I called Ford Roadside Assistance and the tow guy dragged the car on the the tow bed - seems he pulled it by the battery rail, damaging that and the batteries. I am getting quite the run around from Ford Customer Care. No department seems to take responsibility.

Dawn
Ouch. The tow truck driver for me double checked to ensure that he could use the battery rails and confirmed that he could. There didn't seem to be any damage from doing that twice.

Hello Nick, sorry to hear of your troubles. Living the front end of these type of problems now... 12 days in, no resolution. In a self-paid rental car still.... Posted it on thread BRICKED > TOWED > WAIT at https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/bricked-towed-wait.11961/#post-295200

We love our car, this is our second Mach-E, but the dealer experience / quantity of certified technicians is not up to par yet. Hopefully with the F150 Lightning this will dramatically grow.
We're hoping to hear more today as we are a few weeks out from moving from California to Texas an NEED that vehicle to get us there :)

Best of luck !
You shouldn't have to pay for your own rental! The dealership should put you in a loaner car or a rental, so talk to your service advisor and see if you can get the money back.

Update: So it looks like they have to get the battery pack replaced. It's under warranty but would normally cost $24K. Yikes. But last I heard, he was getting approval and then they need to ship the batteries from Detroit.

OP
OP
Theamurican

Theamurican

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD X
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Got an update on Boo. The ford account on the forum created a ticket. I got a call today in regards to that. They spoke with the dealer and got a date of Friday as to when theyll have the car available. Ford Corp is going to follow up with me Tuesday to ensure it’s all up to snuff. They also asked if I’d like to speak with an exec to discuss the problems I’ve faced. Still contemplating on that. But hey at least there’s progress!

DrSteveBrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Update: So it looks like they have to get the battery pack replaced. It's under warranty but would normally cost $24K. Yikes. But last I heard, he was getting approval and then they need to ship the batteries from Detroit.
I think you just convinced me I'm either getting an extended warranty or selling the car 3 years in.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Got an update on Boo. The ford account on the forum created a ticket. I got a call today in regards to that. They spoke with the dealer and got a date of Friday as to when theyll have the car available. Ford Corp is going to follow up with me Tuesday to ensure it’s all up to snuff. They also asked if I’d like to speak with an exec to discuss the problems I’ve faced. Still contemplating on that. But hey at least there’s progress!
Talj to the Fire exec. You have valuable feedback.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Another update: my service advisor called today and told me that Ford told them to change out the High Voltage Regulator and not the entire battery pack. So the regulator will come Friday or Monday, so I'll hopefully get the car back next week.

OP
OP
Theamurican

Theamurican

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD X
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Update on Boo: got the car back from the dealer today after 29 days. Everything it was in for appears to be fixed so far.

HOWEVER, I think when they were removing the windshield and it broke, it fell on the center touch screen. The top of the touchscreen boarder where it’s piano black gloss has a ton of deep scratching like it was dragged against rocks. There are also a few scratches on the touch screen itself. Also, the charge door is like… half spring loaded now? I don’t know what happened but the door is usually super super springy but now it only slowly springs open about 1/3 the way and then I have to push it the rest of the way. I only noticed these things once I got home so I’ll have to call the dealer again. Also, there was a ton of glass in the car and lots of finger prints on the white ceiling from the glass roof recall. Had them clean the ceiling when I was there. Only noticed the glass when I got home and put my dog in the car. Had to vacuum everything right away. So yeah, guess this is gonna be a whole thing again.
Sponsored