BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
At least you've gotten this out of the way!
Very, very true. And, this ensures that I’m not going to have failure 450 miles away from home on the grapevine, so overall if my dealer does the right thing with a reasonably quick turnaround, all should be well. As far as I’m concerned, since they now have the car, it should be looked at today and get the part ordered via COPIS. They have 10 days to get the car back to me, which I don’t think is unreasonable. Other dealerships have done this much quicker than that. If they don’t, then I know that they don’t value my business.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Very, very true. And, this ensures that I’m not going to have failure 450 miles away from home on the grapevine, so overall if my dealer does the right thing with a reasonably quick turnaround, all should be well. As far as I’m concerned, since they now have the car, it should be looked at today and get the part ordered via COPIS. They have 10 days to get the car back to me, which I don’t think is unreasonable. Other dealerships have done this much quicker than that. If they don’t, then I know that they don’t value my business.
The *should* be able to verify DTC thrown to enable parts order via COPIS in one day, and get your car back to you until parts come in (3-5 days) and they hopefully schedule you in for next-day transplant....

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I'm not as jazzed about out of town driving as I was because I'm concerned it's going to happen to me. And reading where people took the car to the dealership to get the update, then they brick. Scary. I've not taken mine in for the update. I guess just crossing my fingers! March 2022 with 55k miles. Still love her!

I would highly advise getting the HVBJB 'advanced alert' software loaded .... I can't bring myself to call it a recall, because its not. But, it HAS shown effective in catching the issue, displaying the 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert, and applying load limits which seem to prevent progression to SSN status, or Bricking....

giving your dealer the codes needed to order parts via COPIS, and schedule transplant of 'real' recall HVBJB part required while you can continue driving your car, although with significant output power reduction.

I noticed peak output reduced from about 200kW to 125kw or so.... which is drivable, and prevented progression to bricking for a week and 250 miles or so of driving until my parts came in.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE4X; 2004 Maserati Coupe GT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I'm not denying that you are probably right.... It didn't feel like it had gone into some low power mode. But of course, since I'd just "let it out"....I probably took it easy getting it there anyway.

They told me that the updates they did should fix the problem from happening again. So I felt safe. I just didn't know if the combination of multiple DC fast charges for the first time by me [It had nearly 15k on it when I bought it] (when I'd only really charged it in my garage with the upgraded plug before) and my "sudden accelerations" are what caused the meltdown......
An update on my HVBJB issue: It took 3 weeks to get the vehicle back. A majority of that time was waiting for the tech to even look at it and then getting the part in. Once the part was in, it was only a couple of days to get it done. I've had it for about two weeks now and it seems to be working fine. I've "modified" my driving behavior, whether that had anything to do with it or not, I don't know. And I've only been charging it on my home charger, no DC fast charging, again, I don't know if any of that contributed to the part "frying".... So I will try to find that map and add my dealer to a shop who has replaced one of those parts.

A couple other questions to throw out to more seasoned owners: I'm sure you've noticed that the "step over" of the door sill to get in and out of the car is higher than most.....probably due to the battery pack underneath. My question is: even though I make a concerted effort to lift my foot over it, the previous owner didn't and the rubber gasket on the door sill is already somewhat worn and I find myself catching it occasionally....is there anything you can put on it to protect it?

Second: I know the "Active X" material is not leather....what is the best product to use to clean/maintain the material? I noticed that when it rained one day and water got on it, I could see where the rain had hit and it seemed to leave marks on the surface. I"m not sure what to use to clean it.....leather cleaner, Armor all cleaner.....? Appreciate any help.

ProllyDieWaiting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Country flag
I have a mach e supposedly built after the switch to the "more robust" part for the HVBJB issue and after getting jerked around by the dealer service center and the BEV Ford team, I just received confirmation of contactor failure. This is occurring for me at about 9k miles. So... @Ford Motor Company any ideas how you guys are going to actually fix this...? Clearly still a problem.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
I have a mach e supposedly built after the switch to the "more robust" part for the HVBJB issue and after getting jerked around by the dealer service center and the BEV Ford team, I just received confirmation of contactor failure. This is occurring for me at about 9k miles. So... @Ford Motor Company any ideas how you guys are going to actually fix this...? Clearly still a problem.
Bummer -- do you know your build date?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I looked at your history since Jan and your HVBJB is fine. You just are getting a P2C94 (EV Battery Contactor Control Supply Circuit Low) code from a flakey EVSE that is sometimes inducing a service vehicle soon or stop safely now error. This is just a software error, nothing is physically wrong with your car, the contactor is not failed. Ford is still developing a software fix for this issue. In the meantime if you get another error, follow these steps to clear it:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ng-service-vehicle-soon-while-charging.26983/

Let's wait a couple months for Ford to release updated powertrain software, then you can go get it updated.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I mean that you may yet "have failure 450 miles away from home on the grapevine." Cars and their parts can fail, any time, anywhere.
Yeah, that’s unnecessary doom and gloom. Gonna ignore it. Thanks.