Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I used to consider the possibility of a HVBJB failure before going on trips, but I don't even think about it any more. Maybe because it has been so long? I don't know, but the only time I think about it is when I see this thread (or one of the others) pop up in my alert list.

23,323 and still no HVBJB failure.
I want to drive the car home from Florida, over 1200 miles. I keep thinking about haveing a problem somewhere on 95 , maybe with a dealer not familiar with the problem. Car loaded with stuff, suitcases, golf clubs etc etc. and of course my wife of 49 years telling me, I told you so.

don’t look forward to having a problem .

I get it that some people just ignore the potential issues. i Just shouldn’t even have to think about it, thats what bothers me.

I drove to Naples the other day 120 miles each way. Breaking down on alligator alley doesn’t thrill me.

I have driven to Tampa , 250 miles each way, several times. Breaking down near Frost Proof, Florida just doesn’t thrill me. I do it, but always in the back of my mind I keep thinking is this the time?

yeah, I am overly sensitive to this issue. On one hand time is irrelevant to me since I am retired. On the other hand who wants the hassle, I am done with hassles, had them working for 44 years.

trying to convince my wife to drive home. But fearful of her answer. LOL
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
My second HVBJB replacement was two hours away and cross border (both old models of HVBJB) Despite the long wait for ford towing, dinner and rental car on ford helped. It was quick and easy. Ten days, six of which was the technician being away.
Ford were very involved.

Since having the new part it does feel smoother and easier.

Nasha919

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Another one for DJ Khalid. 2021 GTPE with 14k miles. I just swapped out my winter set of wheels and tires too. The warmer weather in SE michigan recently may have been one of the factors. I drove it to the dealership service center on Friday. I’m hoping to get it back in 10 days. They gave me an escape in the meantime….which makes me miss it even more.

7622983F-ABC6-4027-9E37-D9AC25F09796.jpeg

82C3ADD4-48AE-4B30-AE20-DCECAE105253.png

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Oh really?
Will SVS convert to SSN?

I’m still calling it in on Monday but theoretically I can drive/charge it like normal?
Yes, but it isn't always "months" or "weeks" before it will go to SSN. My SVS converted to SSN on the same day after 2 hours of driving. Others, even with the updates have gone straight to SSN. It's a complete crap-shoot and failure can come in many forms. If you get the signs of an HVBJB failure you should stop driving the car unless you are prepared to be stranded.

If you would like to read about my failure experience here's the post:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/from-svs-to-ssn-the-tejon-pass-claims-another-mach-e.20614/

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, but it isn't always "months" or "weeks" before it will go to SSN. My SVS converted to SSN on the same day after 2 hours of driving. Others, even with the updates have gone straight to SSN. It's a complete crap-shoot and failure can come in many forms. If you get the signs of an HVBJB failure you should stop driving the car unless you are prepared to be stranded.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/from-svs-to-ssn-the-tejon-pass-claims-another-mach-e.20614/
I agree with your position. My point was mostly that if it was drivable he could drive it to the dealer versus a tow. I would actually be more worried about damage from a tow than something happening as I drove to the dealer.

Greymalken

First Name
Grey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT EX4
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag

I agree with your position. My point was mostly that if it was drivable he could drive it to the dealer versus a tow. I would actually be more worried about damage from a tow than something happening as I drove to the dealer.
Yeah, I was worried about that. I’m going to call Ford corporate and my local dealer Monday morning. In the meantime, it’s parked outside the garage on the street where a flatbed can get to it but if I can still drive it to the dealer I will, it’s less than a mile away. I turned off 1-pedal drive and auto-hold just in case.

Hopefully the replacement HVBJB doesn’t crapout as easily.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, I was worried about that. I’m going to call Ford corporate and my local dealer Monday morning. In the meantime, it’s parked outside the garage on the street where a flatbed can get to it but if I can still drive it to the dealer I will, it’s less than a mile away. I turned off 1-pedal drive and auto-hold just in case.

Hopefully the replacement HVBJB doesn’t crapout as easily.
Only one reported, that I know of, on the forum so good chance you will be fine moving forward.

JGuske23

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD extended range
Occupation
Market manager
Country flag
Finally got me at 53k miles. set up a case number and is going in Monday morning, hoping for a quick turn around

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
Just an update. Flatbed Thursday night to dealer, had it back in Wednesday . Pretty good.

awiginton

First Name
Alesia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I used to consider the possibility of a HVBJB failure before going on trips, but I don't even think about it any more. Maybe because it has been so long? I don't know, but the only time I think about it is when I see this thread (or one of the others) pop up in my alert list.

23,323 and still no HVBJB failure.
I'm not as jazzed about out of town driving as I was because I'm concerned it's going to happen to me. And reading where people took the car to the dealership to get the update, then they brick. Scary. I've not taken mine in for the update. I guess just crossing my fingers! March 2022 with 55k miles. Still love her!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I'm not as jazzed about out of town driving as I was because I'm concerned it's going to happen to me. And reading where people took the car to the dealership to get the update, then they brick. Scary. I've not taken mine in for the update. I guess just crossing my fingers! March 2022 with 55k miles. Still love her!
It came over the air. Are you not getting OTA updates?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Who bricked their car with an update?

The guys in the forum who are doing FDRS updates have never bricked a car, at least that I have seen. There have been incorrect software versions released in FDRS that have caused issues like losing BlueCruise, but that's all I have seen.

The risk of bricking your car due to an update is very low IMO.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Welp, It’s my turn again. Second MME, second HVJB failure. Not even mad, knew it would happen, and wasn’t even trying to make it fail. Drive mode went unavailable, then 2 minutes later, SVS. I’m just hoping that my dealer has gotten a whole lot quicker with turn around. I’m just glad it didn’t happen during my longish road-trip happening soon. Pulled codes, definitely HVJB.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Welp, It’s my turn again. Second MME, second HVJB failure. Not even mad, knew it would happen, and wasn’t even trying to make it fail. Drive mode went unavailable, then 2 minutes later, SVS. I’m just hoping that my dealer has gotten a whole lot quicker with turn around. I’m just glad it didn’t happen during my longish road-trip happening soon. Pulled codes, definitely HVJB.
At least you've gotten this out of the way!
Sponsored