Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow. That is so cool. And if you ever do find the time to write this up in the DIY forum, I'll be quite interested! Could be the first mod that really makes me get (and learn) a Forscan setup. Thanks!
Aaron, from scanning over this thread, looks like a lot of members want a dedicated camera button. I’ll for sure write up a thread in the DIY forum this weekend.
Sponsored

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
In addition, I really wish they would add much better automatic camera screen options that could be chosen in Settings. Like to have the camera screen activate automatically when getting within 10 feet of any object while in Drive.

The cameras are great but they're really only useful now when in Reverse. They would be great for use going forward too (in parking spots, my garage, etc), but it's too much of a PITA to have to manually turn on. The cameras are great feature just gets mostly wasted. 😖
YES!

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Or push the knob to change the mode with some sort of indication either in the instrument cluster or the upper driver-side corner of the center screen with it defaulting back to volume after some sort of timeout period.

The Prius V I had previous to the Mach E had a single dial for the climate control that you'd toggle left/right to change what the dial was controlling (air distribution, temperature, and fan speed from left to right); the only thing that would've improved it was if it defaulted back to temperature, otherwise you'd have to look down to see what the dial was set to.
1. Tap the function. 2. Twist the knob. Seems so easy. The alternatives being suggested seem… more complicated?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 1669318367880

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Anyone outside the US don’t get excited, according to Ford UK there’s no current plans for this in Europe.
Are we just orphaned users here? We're still stuck in the 2.7.x series. Could it be worth paying for the dealer to carry out all the updates listed in FDRS for our VIN? On the other hand will they upgrade straight to Android Automotive for users outside the U.S. I wonder?

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Aaron, from scanning over this thread, looks like a lot of members want a dedicated camera button. I’ll for sure write up a thread in the DIY forum this weekend.
Thank you so much! Really appreciate your time on this. Repurposing that button for quick access to the camera is such a great solution.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1. Tap the function. 2. Twist the knob. Seems so easy. The alternatives being suggested seem… more complicated?

1669318367880.gif
I guess using the knob is OK too but it's still 2 steps (activate the function, then turn the knob). I still prefer just clicking the same spot on the bottom of main screen, even if I have to touch it 3-4 times to cycle through a rotation or to go up or down a few degrees.

Every time I have to "find" a different spot on the screen while driving, I'm taking my eyes off the road to find it. And that's a bad thing. Although I will say that the knob is a better 2nd step than finding a different menu or different spot on the screen, since we can just blindly feel for the knob.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I guess using the knob is OK too but it's still 2 steps (activate the function, then turn the knob). I still prefer just clicking the same spot on the bottom of main screen, even if I have to touch it 3-4 times to cycle through a rotation or to go up or down a few degrees.

Every time I have to "find" a different spot on the screen while driving, I'm taking my eyes off the road to find it. And that's a bad thing. Although I will say that the knob is a better 2nd step than finding a different menu or different spot on the screen, since we can just blindly feel for the knob.
It seems like you'll have the option to do it either way (at least for temperature adjust). The screenshot suggests you could choose the knob or the soft +/- buttons.

For seat heaters, I completely agree that there should be a way to cycle through the settings with a single soft button (similar to how heated seats are controlled in every other car). Hopefully we can all agree that the current "slider" for seat heaters is pretty bad.

lolstebbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Prius v
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sync 4A Update Overview from Ford - Larger Apple CarPlay Android Auto interface, added dial functionality & more 1669318367880
I'm just thinking in terms of not even having to find the function to tap on to begin with; the knob is such a large target that it's easy to press on versus hunting and pecking.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

To me, repeatedly stabbing away at specific little spot of the screen to use the plus and minus is even harder and requires more concentration than using the slider. You guys must be way more dexterous than me. For me, tap once and twist is the way to go.

I’m oddly enthusiastic about this enhancement because I find the sliders and plus/minus pretty cumbersome.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
To me, repeatedly stabbing away at specific little spot of the screen to use the plus and minus is even harder and requires more concentration than using the slider. You guys must be way more dexterous than me. For me, tap once and twist is the way to go.

I’m oddly enthusiastic about this enhancement because I find the sliders and plus/minus pretty cumbersome.
That's why I say the bottom of the screen (or the top, or side). I anchor my thumb or fingers on the edge and can pretty easily touch a button with some precision that way, as long as the button is near an edge. Like say, the AUTO button... fingers on the bottom edge and tap with my thumb.

That's actually one advantage to the "floating" screen that looks like it's just glued on to the dash... gives a nice edge all the way around to anchor onto.

It's stuff near the center of the screen with my un-anchored hand bouncing all over that's the problem.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is not guaranteed either. Just because the person I talked to belives that to be the case, doesn't mean it's correct or that things won't change for the better (job 1 frunk wise) once other priorities are dealt with.
Here's to hoping! It just seems like they are prioritizing revenue streams (Alexa, streaming) and JobX vehicles over adding features that have been promised.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Am the only person who lost all connection to CarPlay ? Finally when I got to my destination I turned car off and deleted and reinstalled my phone.

QuesoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e ER AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I really hope they remove the slider for the heated seats, and make it only a tap feature. Why do I have to tap the heated seats, then slide between 1-3? It should just be a tap like any other Ford heated seats button.. the auto feature can be a button under climate settings since it shouldn't be toggled frequently.

I'm surprised sentry mode wasn't added as well.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
I really hope they remove the slider for the heated seats, and make it only a tap feature. Why do I have to tap the heated seats, then slide between 1-3? It should just be a tap like any other Ford heated seats button.. the auto feature can be a button under climate settings since it shouldn't be toggled frequently.
Completely agree. The sliders are horrible. Especially when the road is not smooth. A simple 3>2>1>Auto>Off > Repeat sequence would be a vast improvement. Pretty much just how physical controls work in many cars. A long press could be used for a one touch Off.

I'm surprised sentry mode wasn't added as well.
I think there are far too many complications here. First and foremost, storage space. Secondly, there's the question of which supplier each camera belongs to and if streams can even be processed outside the scope of that vendor's features. Of whether or not useful camera angles even exist (it's unlikely that a face would be visible with the side cameras). A sensor to trigger events and wake the camera system. Then, there's the need to stream feeds to a phone. The first issue being processing power (Ford went with the cheapest, lowest performance cpu needed for Sync) to transcode the video to a mobile data friendly streaming format. Secondly the bandwidth cost. The bandwidth cost could at least be covered with a subscription service.
Sponsored