UK Customers

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think the amount of blood sweat and tears I have put into helping people in this forum over the last 18 months affords me the tiniest bit of slack when it comes to the occasional rant.

950 posts with a reaction score just shy of 2000 speaks for itself. I'm not just some guy who's turned up and started firing off accusations.

When I was lucky enough to be one of the first in the UK to get my car I could have just walked away from the forum and left you all to it, but I've stayed to continue to help.

If I'm not wanted or needed any more by the new crop of members - just give me the word ?

Don't you dare bugger off! I'm getting my car next week some time and I may need to lean on you for help! :)
Sponsored

TonyA

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Country flag
I now have my SR rear wheel drive MME, I believe I don't have electric folding mirrors, however I have tried folding the mirrors manually but the don't seem able to be folded has anyone had a similar observation.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
With respect mate you don't know how I have been driving the car. In fact I have been driving the car very carefully in the first 2 weeks and that is why I have queried how far the range has dropped. So with respect butt out✌ PS if I am not mistaken you have had quite a few rants yourself on this site over the weeks?
Aren’t 2 ‘with respects’ a bit much??.

Added to that, the phrase ‘butt out’ hardly screams respect.?‍♂

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
I now have my SR rear wheel drive MME, I believe I don't have electric folding mirrors, however I have tried folding the mirrors manually but the don't seem able to be folded has anyone had a similar observation.
I also have RWD SR and I do miss electric folding mirrors, they do fold in manually but they don't fold very far if you get what I mean!

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
I think the amount of blood sweat and tears I have put into helping people in this forum over the last 18 months affords me the tiniest bit of slack when it comes to the occasional rant.

950 posts with a reaction score just shy of 2000 speaks for itself. I'm not just some guy who's turned up and started firing off accusations.

When I was lucky enough to be one of the first in the UK to get my car I could have just walked away from the forum and left you all to it, but I've stayed to continue to help.

If I'm not wanted or needed any more by the new crop of members - just give me the word ?
Don't go anywhere please @Wonky_Donkey!!! I've had my MME for 3 and a half weeks now, I still keep coming across things I'm not sure about, the manual isn't really the clearest I've used, often somebody else might pop on and ask the same thing that was in my head (saving me from feeling stupid ?) and you then answer it, plus you have answered a couple of my questions on here! This forum is really useful for the MME learning process, and it's those like you and @portlandg who have had your cars the longest who are best placed to help!

@ramcd you really don't need to get so hung up on the range figures, they are such a guestimate. I got home yesterday with exactly 200 miles. Drove a couple of miles this morning and it said 207 miles!!! Having said that I am a bit geeky and I'm actually enjoying the challenge of driving so carefully that I beat the WLTP figure!!! Last 100% charge gave me 263 against WLTP of 273!!! Go more by your % range, and also your miles/kWh figures. Currently I'm on 4.8 miles/kWh, theoretically I could beat that 273!!! ?

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Saw my first Mache today M25 around the A1/M1...grey....3654 miles in, thank god I can stop looking now!

You'll never stop noticing them- they're in your blood!
I've yet to see one in Cornwall, although I know some intrepid souls have ventured here. Hoping I'll be the first when I collect mine next week :cool: ?

TonyA

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Country flag
looks like I have a trip to Manchester Airport on Saturday, anyone know of a good and reliable EV top up close to the Airport, cheers.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Sounds like you’ve got it sorted with handy chargers at your restaurant choices - nice one!

Yeah I’ve got Zap-Map premium for the apple car play interface, but agree it’s not great at the moment, will see if they improve it, as if it worked on the big screen like it does on my phone, that would be great!

Enjoy the rest of your road tripping!! (I’m in the USA for a holiday and doing a road trip from New York City tomorrow heading North East up the coast…in an ICE car though, missing my Mach E!)
Hey. Well I continued my journey today. Left the Jury’s Inn at Castle Donnington and headed for the National Space Centre.

Parked up and spent the day there with the kids. Had a great day and come back to the car only to instantly notice a f@&£#%king dent in the passenger side of the door ??????.
When I turned up, I parked with a space gap to the car that had just pulled up.
At some point, another car had pulled up in the spare space.
Although I can’t be 100% sure that car was to blame, the guesstimated trajectory of that cars door when pivoting open would pretty much meet the dent.
I closely inspected the shitty car and the edge of the door was white (car was black) showing they didn’t really care about their car or if they banged another car or object, though I saw no red paint on their car from my car so what is there to prove? All I know is it wasn’t done at the Jury’s inn, the last car park I was at.
I waited a little on the off chance they where coming to their car but realised I could be waiting for hours and I had two hungry hippos in the car that needed feeding - and kids aren’t patient.

Anyway I set off on my pre-set journey to Miller and Carter for our steak dinner while the car charges on the 50Kw charger that has showed available and working for the last 3-4 days every time I checked. I checked again only to find it in use. I decided to go away as I boasted to my son how good the steak is there only to find an IPace charging. I though bloody typical and parked up anyway and had our meal.
We came out and I thought I would take a closer look at the display to be curious. To my annoyance, The IPace had been charging for the last 6hr 32mins(time on screen) on the 43KW cable ?????????? how is that possible !
unlike the MME, there is no LED next to the cable to tell when it is charged.

So, I took recommendation from @BlackheathDiggs of the Watford Gap services with a 100KW charger there and headed for that and charged no problem.

Now here is a question. The instructions where simple :
1. Plug your car in.
2. Pay via contactless payment.
3. Wait for it to charge.
It also tells you it is 30p/ KW as it says on ZAP-MAP too.

Instantly, Gridserve charged me £20 for the charge. Puzzled by this, I was tying to work out if it was assuming I was charging to 80% from about 35% or something.

In that time, I woman pulled up to use the charger next to me. It didn’t work so she came to park on the other side of me.
I wound down the window and asked her if she was ok. She said she was and that the other charger wasn’t working and was waiting for me to finished.
By now, I had enough charge to take me on to the hotel in Bracknell where I knew they had a 22KW charger.

During that conversation, she told me they take a payment and credit back what you don’t use. Well. I have check and this credit hasn’t come back in.
Is this how payment is made ?

Anyway, I get to the hotel and whereas they said you get 2 hours on the charger via the email I sent on booking . Com, the sexy lady give me enough tokens to fully charge my car ?.

I have also downloaded PlugShare as recommended by @Wonky_Donkey . Although apply car play is free, the interface is very similar. I have yet to play around with it to see if I can use that.
Zap map seems easier but it doesn’t need a subscription .

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Instantly, Gridserve charged me £20 for the charge.
[/QUOTE]
The £20 is a pre-authorization on your credit card which they don't take but will show up for 3 or 4 days. They will only take what you charged. I used the Gridserve Electric Forecourt in Braintree and few weeks ago and they did the same there. They had a sign on the charger to say that they would pre-authorize cards with the maximum allowed I'm surprised this wasn't on the charger you used.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I know the area very well. It is not a very nice area. Just warning you in advance, I wouldn't leave a mache on charge unattended there for example.
This is where the local knowledge is key - maybe just a quick & dirty in & out charge then and don't go middle aisle shopping ?
Sponsored