DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Correct, but it doesn't. Phones and profiles have been my biggest pain point with the GTP and my Premium before it.

For example... I will go down to the garage to leave and it recognizes my phone as a key but then connects to my wife's phone upstairs for phone and music. I then have to manually connect mine.
Interesting, mine never does things like that. It correctly starts with the profile of whoever entered through the driver's door. Maybe you need to remove all profiles and paired phones then try again? Also be sure you tie the profiles to one of the driver door buttons, and try pressing the correct one to see if it connects to the correct phone? And if you have already done all of that, then ignore me and maybe see if there are any updates you can get through your dealer...
Sponsored

sparkout

First Name
Cliff O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You are correct. I need to dig it out more often. So just add an inside button, Ford.
I think it's listed on the screen under "Access"

snowdog

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I'm reading this thread since I'm considering ordering a MME. So I was wondering what people disliked before I committed.

Nobody dislikes the display (not sure what it's called)? During my test drive I felt like somebody glued a giant iPad on to the console. I've been in several other EVs and they all integrate into the dashboard while the MME feels like it's something completely external.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
Biggest hates for me:
  • That it is a Mustang, and just not a Ford
  • The windshield chips/cracks insanely easy
  • That I had to purchase a third key fob for a different car entirely to get a frunk button

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
Nobody dislikes the display (not sure what it's called)? During my test drive I felt like somebody glued a giant iPad on to the console. I've been in several other EVs and they all integrate into the dashboard while the MME feels like it's something completely external.
It's obviously a copy cat of Teslas. I dont think it looks great, but I think it looks OK. My only complaint about the display is I wish it was tilted towards the driver more rather than facing straight back. It is not in an ideal orientation for either of the front passengers really... Ideally it would be adjustable, at least the horizontal tilt

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
1. Most recently, my BlueCruise has become mostly unusable after having it for over a year where it was pretty decent. Now, it won't hold a line to save its own life. It regularly wanders back and forth in the lane until it crosses either line on either side then yells at me for crossing the line. Like bitch, that's YOUR job. So, I just don't use it and won't resubscribe when it is up... if I have the car that long.

2. The 5 second limit and mediocre power delivery after about 50mph. Yes its fast, no I don't use most of it but c'mon. It's a performance vehicle that's gimped.

3. Speaking of that. I HATE that I have an unnatural fear that one day my car WILL break down with a HVJB failure. It hasn't yet, but I hate the fact that its a WHEN and not an IF. I just know its going to be at the most inconvenient time for me.

4. I hate the charge door

5. The software after the update is somehow even uglier than it was before. What's with the clip art looking icons at the top left?

6. Having to go into the menu for rear hatch release. Yes, I know there are workarounds, but I shouldn't have to graft in an Explorer switch to get it to work the way it should. Who needs MAX DEFROST down near the headlight switch? Honestly

7. The handling. Skinny tires on a 5,000lb vehicle means it won't handle very well, ever. It pushes so hard in corners.

8. Road/Wind noise. It's supposed to be silent and its not

9. The B&O sound system. Put a branded system in there and call it premium only to make it sound anemic. I had to put a JL Audio sub in there just to wake it up. Don't sell me a premium system and make it sound worse than many stock systems I've heard out there.

10. The fact that here I am 1 year and 4 months later and I'm already thinking of replacing it. In fact, I would have by now if the interest rates for cars weren't so stupid. I paid a premium price for a car that doesn't feel premium in any way.

I used to be very active on this forum but I'm not really anymore because I don't feel at all enthusiastic about the car like I was. I feel let down, so I don't really care about it anymore. I still think its a gorgeous car, but I guess it didn't live up to my own hype.

dobdobdob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E4X
Country flag
  • UI has no consistent theme - looks like a ransom note.
That was hilariously accurate!

What a shame that such an amateurish redesign appeared after an OTA.
Ford should really let us choose between 2 or 3 UIs (including the original one, which was clearly better).

At least, with AA Coolwalk, we finally got a split screen (map, music, weather) that uses more efficiently the space.

ITfarmer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Prem ER
Occupation
Babysitter
Country flag
  1. Cheap fuel door that dented the body from a brisk wind.
  2. Having a 19" screen that has 1" of album art. Generally most of the screen real estate is completely wasted.
  3. “This trip” only resets every 3-4 trips.
  4. Sync 3 appears to have been designed by geriatric dementia patients.
  5. Sync 4 appears to have been designed by Helen Keller.
  6. Use paak to remote start, use fob to unlock door, use fob to press start button — all linked to my profile, but car starts in guest mode.
  7. No frunk release in car, app or remote.
  8. No trunk release in app.
  9. Place anything in the trunk and the hatch won’t close, honks the horn.
  10. Horn honking if exiting running car.
  11. No split screen in sync.
  12. No details in useless “tiles”.
  13. “You’ve arrived” blocking the map and directions when you need the map and address most of all.
  14. Changing radio station needlessly blocks map and next directions.
  15. Radio presets disappear, can’t save existing preset to another preset position.
  16. Day and night screens often don’t change when they should.
  17. Cheap build materials. Every interior surface is a static dust magnet, steering wheel is uncomfortable, seats have no tilt, paint chips far more easily than my past 39 cars, windshield wipers are too thin and cheap, design diverts windshield water onto side windows conveniently blocking mirror views
  18. BlueCruise wants to kill me.
  19. Stereo sucks because every panel in the car vibrates uncontrollably.
  20. Glass roof has air leaks.

Last edited:

Pearce

First Name
Pearce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT
Occupation
IT professional
Country flag
I don't "hate" anything. Such a whine-y phrase. However, I do wish it had powered steering wheel adjustments that went along with the seat memory. That's about it. It's fast, looks cool, and the stereo kicks ass. Everything works as designed. Love BlueCruise.

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
Here are mine. What are yours?

Slow wake-up. Sometimes the big screen never loads. If I put it into quiet screen (Black out) it will be there later on. Stiff ride.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
There is a difference between complaining and providing feedback. I think most of the folks are doing the later. Most of them still like their car. So I think it's a good thing. Hopefully a Ford engineer will read this and make design improvements.
Well, I’ve been providing feedback for over a year for them to enable the frunk release and it’s not happened, so I don’t think you can count on any Ford Engjneer
Numerous times a week. In fact, there’s a thread about just that. But after two years of not having a Frunk release and living with launch-day bugs, it’s not changing. That, Ford’s failure to fix long-standing customer-facing bugs and bring a promised update to job 1 cars, is what I dislike about this car.
this is very sad. You’re an early adopter and clearly the type of customer they want to attract and keep happy since word-of-mouth is great advertising (as wealthy people who make videos have found 🙂), yet Ford seems to take buyers like you for granted at times.

snowdog

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
It's obviously a copy cat of Teslas. I dont think it looks great, but I think it looks OK. My only complaint about the display is I wish it was tilted towards the driver more rather than facing straight back. It is not in an ideal orientation for either of the front passengers really... Ideally it would be adjustable, at least the horizontal tilt
Ah, thanks. I've never been in a Tesla but not that you mentioned it, I googled some pictures. I don't like it there, either. It just seems so out of place.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I'm reading this thread since I'm considering ordering a MME. So I was wondering what people disliked before I committed.

I like the giant iPad on the dash... it's Fords take on the Tesla screen.

It works well and you can actually reach it as a touch screen, (lots of new cars you can not easily reach the cool wide screen so they have mouse like control in the console... those are terrible)
Sponsored