Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I’ve had my GT about a year and a half and half extensively used blue Cruz on highways interstate and in heavy traffic in town. The fact that blue cruise does not recognize a stop light or stop sign makes it mandatory that you’re following behind another vehicle. The constant back-and-forth to stay in your lane is a little scary. In fact, I can’t get it to work very long on a road that has many curves. I think this is a good first effort I Ford, but I would never pay even $100. For this attribute. This is the old bait and switch that car dealers have been trying for years to get the owner to fall for. Do you remember all of the Maps that were in cars and trucks that had to be updated each year at the dealer? Well, guess what GARMIN came along and where is that today? Blue cruise is inherently dangerous, if using in. The wrong environment for example, if you are in A lane that diverges and part of it goes on the interstate. Blue cruise cannot differentiate and will either keep you in your lane. You were in hard swerve to follow the yet the yellow line to get on the ramp. It also makes for some scary times when you’re doing 60 mile an hour and traffic in front of you have stopped. It really takes an act of faith to allow the car to stop on its own. I paid for this by getting the 360 surround radar when I bought the car that’s what blue cruise utilizes so now Ford is telling me oh this partially finished product will cost you $800 a year even though you’ve already paid for it when you bought your car by getting the 360° option. . I thought Ford was better than that………… what’s next air conditioning is now considered a pay by the year option!!!’n
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Last edited:

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
BlueCruise only works on roads with no stop signs or lights, so I wonder what you're smoking.

If you want a bait and switch, ring up Mr Musk and ask him about "Full Self Driving" mode.

The operative work in Blue Cruise is ... Cruise... and even though $800/year is a laugher, think where they're coming from Tesla is fooling people for $12,000 per car, which over 10 years is $1000/car.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Stop light recognition is a feature I think only Tesla FSD beta can do right now. No automaker has that officially released. It's incredibly difficult to make sure the car sees the light 100% of the time because the consequences of failure even 1 out of a 1000 times are dire. We may not see that feature for another 3 years because of how reliable it needs to be.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Stop light recognition is a feature I think only Tesla FSD beta can do right now. No automaker has that officially released. It's incredibly difficult to make sure the car sees the light 100% of the time because the consequences of failure even 1 out of a 1000 times are dire. We may not see that feature for another 3 years because of how reliable it needs to be.
My Audi has it but it's totally different and doesn't rely on the camera. There's a Traffic Light Information Network which is part of the technology package that goes into the signal lights. The cars also communicate between themselves to validate the information. It only works in some areas and never really took off. It'll be interesting to see what technology takes the cake in the end.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I’ve had my GT about a year and a half and half extensively used blue Cruz on highways interstate and in heavy traffic in town.
BlueCruise is for restricted access highways. It's not designed for in town and was never marketed that way. This video gives a good overview of how to use BlueCruise as a hands-free highway driving convenience:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My Audi has it but it's totally different and doesn't rely on the camera. There's a Traffic Light Information Network which is part of the technology package that goes into the signal lights. The cars also communicate between themselves to validate the information. It only works in some areas and never really took off. It'll be interesting to see what technology takes the cake in the end.
I've seen that, but does it automatically stop the car on cruise control, or does it just warn you the light is red?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I've seen that, but does it automatically stop the car on cruise control, or does it just warn you the light is red?
It just gives you times, like time to red, time to green etc. It isn't included in cruise at all that I'm aware of. The closest place that I have seen it activate is like 500 miles from me in Los Angeles and Vegas, so I'm not an expert on it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
BlueCruise is for restricted access highways. It's not designed for in town and was never marketed that way.
The problem is that Ford also now calls what used to be Intelligent Cruise with lane centering “Blue Cruise”. Not to be confused with “Blue Cruise Hands-Free.”

I think the OP was referring to the former.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The problem is that Ford also now calls what used to be Intelligent Cruise with lane centering “Blue Cruise”. Not to be confused with “Blue Cruise Hands-Free.”

I think the OP was referring to the former.
Yes, that may be what they meant. It wasn't clear.

I'd recommend not using cruise control while driving in town. If I'm in an area where there may be surprises from bicyclists or pedestrians, I'd rather be 100% in control of the pedals.