David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I had a dealership tell me that BlueCruise on the used 2021 Mach-E Premium they were selling would cost that full $800 a year. If the dealership was wrong (very plausible since I am fairly sure it had BlueCruise 1.0 running on it when I test drove it), it sure would be nice for Ford to make the correct prices for extending subscription vs buying it as an option on a 2023.5 Mach-E.
That dealership is clearly wrong. And Ford has been clear that the $800 a year is for 2023.5 models and has nothing to do with earlier model years.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That dealership is clearly wrong. And Ford has been clear that the $800 a year is for 2023.5 models and has nothing to do with earlier model years.
They have? No one from Ford with direct knowledge has clarified that the pricing DOES NOT apply to cars ordered prior to 5/3. The bulletin clearly states that BC is an option on all 2023 models going forward, and what the price will be for those cars for initial BC activation. It says NOTHING about that price going down after the first 3 years. It says NOTHING about the pricing for cars ordered prior to 5/3/23. It has been inferred by many that it doesn't apply to older cars, but that's far from "clear".

@Ford Motor Company has been completely silent on the topic for over a week.

Last edited:

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
They have? No one from Ford with direct knowledge has clarified that the pricing DOES NOT apply to cars ordered prior to 5/3. The bulletin clearly states that BC is an option on all 2023 models going forward, and what the price will be for those cars for initial BC activation. It says NOTHING about that price going down after the first 3 years. It says NOTHING about the pricing for cars ordered prior to 5/3/23. It has been inferred by many that it doesn't apply to older cars, but that's far from "clear".
ignore the blathering in the post but look at the last set of images in this post; it lays out the MY23 Job 1 vs MY23 Job 2 pricing, ordering, rebates, and eligibility to expect.

JeffMacheCaliR1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CLS550
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
A friend shared this with me.

1683222236507.png

Notice the annual or monthly options for BlueCruise. And also, Ford is watching the market to see our feedback. So, what do you think?

1683222236507~2.png
I think one area we need to look at is the current Mach E 2023 have the 360 camera built in as standard thus Ford may want to charge more for the Blue Cruise to recover the cost. VS 2021 and 2022 models required to have 360 cameras purchased in a package in order for the Bule Cruise to work. Thus older Mach E owners have three years free and the renewal is supposedly less.

WikiMart

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
CPA
Country flag

1683222236507.png

Notice the annual or monthly options for BlueCruise. And also, Ford is watching the market to see our feedback. So, what do you think?

1683222236507~2.png
I use it every day and I love it. I suppose I would pay up if I have to.

bwr1338

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

1683222236507.png

1683222236507~2.png
The self driving feature is only useful on long trips which for me happens about 4-5 times each year. Not worth more than $100 per year to me.

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
Instead of 4 continuous seconds looking at the screen, you look back and forth.

2 seconds on the screen, 1-2 seconds on the road, 2 seconds on the screen, 1-2 seconds on the road.... repeat as needed.

Has anyone tried seeing if sticky " Googly Eyes" on your chin fool the Sensors? /s

Last edited:

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I will say that BCHF reduces overall fatigue with longer trips on premapped highways. The only problem with this is that most highways arenā€™t premapped, and it looks like they have not made meaningful increase in quite some time. If Ford wants people to cough up any money for a subscription, they better get cracking on rolling 1.2 out OTA and vastly increasing the map. I donā€™t understand what the hold up on OTA BCHF 1.2 is as they are shipping cars with the software.

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We bought our Mach e in 2021 at full MSRP price which means compared to current pricing we are down close to $10k. Hell will freeze over before I pay anything for Blue Cruise.

meinhard57

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Select RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like it. But FUCK no, I would not pay that much! Maybe $60 per year.
Sponsored