iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
It's a regular update. Ford rolls them out via a phased deployment plan. For example, first 50 customers, then another 500, then another 1,000, and so on. Between each group they allow time for unanticipated problems to bubble up so they can react.

Your vehicle will eventually be offered this update. Until then, all you can do is wait.
...and wait... and wait... and wait...
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I'm assuming Ford said video streaming as opposed to YouTube because we can or will be able to stream any number of video services from the phone to the car display, or more apps are coming?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I'm assuming Ford said video streaming as opposed to YouTube because we can or will be able to stream any number of video services from the phone to the car display, or more apps are coming?
I'd wager more apps are coming.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
My 2022 updates to this today. Weirdly I’m still in my free trial period for streaming, but it won’t let me stream YouTube in the car. it says I need to subscribe.
Ford Mustang Mach-E YouTube Streaming Finally Appears in Software 3.5.3.3 ! 5AE686F0-95EE-4979-838A-6BAD1FED77CE

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
My 2022 updates to this today. Weirdly I’m still in my free trial period for streaming, but it won’t let me stream YouTube in the car. it says I need to subscribe.
Ford Mustang Mach-E YouTube Streaming Finally Appears in Software 3.5.3.3 ! 5AE686F0-95EE-4979-838A-6BAD1FED77CE
turn on the wifi hotspot on your cell phone and have your car connect to that. It should let you, be warned that client is slow AF and may take a few tries to even get it to the youtube screen.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
turn on the wifi hotspot on your cell phone and have your car connect to that. It should let you, be warned that client is slow AF and may take a few tries to even get it to the youtube screen.
Yeah I’ve tried that. It’s just a pain to disable wireless CarPlay

DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
For anyone that got this working by tethering your phone as a wifi hotspot, did anyone have ATT? I tried to connect and it finds it and lets me put in the password, and appears to be connecting on the phone, but then I get a message in the Mach E that it was unable to connect.

Not sure if it's my particular plan that is detecting it is a car and not allowing it, or if it's just a weird issue with the car.

I do have the connected streaming trial still active, but was trying to add the phone as another source.

737flyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW X 5, 2021 Mach E-Premium RWD Job 2
Occupation
Retired Airline Pilot
Country flag
For anyone that got this working by tethering your phone as a wifi hotspot, did anyone have ATT? I tried to connect and it finds it and lets me put in the password, and appears to be connecting on the phone, but then I get a message in the Mach E that it was unable to connect.

Not sure if it's my particular plan that is detecting it is a car and not allowing it, or if it's just a weird issue with the car.

I do have the connected streaming trial still active, but was trying to add the phone as another source.
Yes, I Have AT&T. It works fine with hotspot. Make sure your cellular data is on in settings-hotspot.

DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, I Have AT&T. It works fine with hotspot. Make sure your cellular data is on in settings-hotspot.
Thanks for confirming that AT&T. After skimming some other posts, I saw something that mentioned how the wireless CarPlay interferes with the hotspot.

After a lot of experimentation of combinations, I found the only way to get it to work is to disable Bluetooth and Wireless App Projection in the settings. Is that what everyone has to do?

just plugging into a USB cable doesn’t seem to work, nor does clicking the disconnect from CarPlay button.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Thanks for confirming that AT&T. After skimming some other posts, I saw something that mentioned how the wireless CarPlay interferes with the hotspot.

After a lot of experimentation of combinations, I found the only way to get it to work is to disable Bluetooth and Wireless App Projection in the settings. Is that what everyone has to do?

just plugging into a USB cable doesn’t seem to work, nor does clicking the disconnect from CarPlay button.
You can just disable CarPlay very easily from your phone. Settings > General > CarPlay > MME > Toggle CarPlay off, don't click "Forget This Car"

Then repeat but toggle it back on. Your layout, etc. all remain.

DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can just disable CarPlay very easily from your phone. Settings > General > CarPlay > MME > Toggle CarPlay off, don't click "Forget This Car"

Then repeat but toggle it back on. Your layout, etc. all remain.
Wow thanks! That worked perfectly. A lot faster than changing all the other settings I was fooling with individually.
Sponsored