Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I can't point you to specific threads, but I recall other users having FDRS issues on the weekend. This is yet another thread where there is a grain of truth to start it, then page after page of wild speculation.
Like I said, FDRS issues yes, but I've never seen disappearing updates unless they are pulled. Last time I can really remember an update being pulled was with the bad IPC update that bricked Sam's and my car's bluecruise.

As for wild speculation yes. We all knew that was coming. I've reiterated many times over that we don't know why. It's in the opening line of my post. We just have to laugh at them though. The first post is really the only one with facts that matter because I'll update it with any relevant information so that people don't have to go through pages of pitchforks and cotton candy.
Sponsored

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
Oh, we all know you're in the pocket of Big Pitchfork. 🤣
Depending on how the relationship is written up legally, contractors can be told anything and lied to if it doesn't cover their job description if necessary to do the nasty little side work of PR via proxy. I'm not really understanding devsecops relationship with ford but he appears to be doing a whole lot more work communicating this than ford does that's for sure. Forum is lucky to have him.

My vote is after the recent forum reported failures with the recall software they realized their messup was in software before the late May release. Really wish right to repair was passed so we knew what the heck was going on better instead of just guessing every single day wondering if this is the day it gets bricked. I feel glued to this forum when all I honestly wanted was an EV to get me from point A to B in some comfort not having to check this place like it's a stock trend. Hope this gets cleared up soon.

guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt and MME GT, ICE F-150.
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
Depending on how the relationship is written up legally, contractors can be told anything and lied to if it doesn't cover their job description if necessary to do the nasty little side work of PR via proxy. I'm not really understanding devsecops relationship with ford but he appears to be doing a whole lot more work communicating this than ford does that's for sure. Forum is lucky to have him.

My vote is after the recent forum reported failures with the recall software they realized their messup was in software before the late May release. Really wish right to repair was passed so we knew what the heck was going on better instead of just guessing every single day wondering if this is the day it gets bricked. I feel glued to this forum when all I honestly wanted was an EV to get me from point A to B in some comfort not having to check this place like it's a stock trend. Hope this gets cleared up soon.
I also appreciate #DevSecOps efforts.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue what-do
Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue joke

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I am an MME owner, just like you and 99% of this board. I am not a contractor for Ford or in any way affiliated with them. I do have some connections at corporate, which others do as well, but in this case and many cases this was all done with the help of eagle eyed members who spot things and some of us just love to analyze data and help the community.

I don't like going to family and acquaintances who work for Ford and routinely ask questions for the forum. If I did I would probably end up on their ignore lists. I do use them to validate things of importance when I feel it's beneficial while honoring NDA's and their privacy.

The people who helped me gather the data for this thread are: @WyldStallyn @generaltso @Mike G

Also, a big thanks to the uber secret Ford people on this forum who help us, help others and entrust us with information.

They deserve credit for all the help they provide as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Someone should start a poll to gauge if this is statistically significant in evidence based encounters.
You want me to analyze the data on that? Guaranteed not to be skewed 🤣

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes. I believe that we are all going to get a voucher in the mail to upgrade, for free, to a 2023 MME.
Awesome! And I was just suspecting either too many alarms or perhaps even an alarm on a Mach with a new part number. Can’t wait to check my mail Monday afternoon!

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Awesome! And I was just suspecting either too many alarms or perhaps even an alarm on a Mach with a new part number. Can’t wait to check my mail Monday afternoon!
I just got confirmation that the 2023 upgrade will be OTA. Just keep checking for updates. You'll get it one day.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got confirmation from Ford that the 2023 upgrade will be OTA. Just keep checking for updates. You'll get it one day.
So are you suggesting I enable OTA’s? Think I will just wait and see how this OTA works for others!

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
So are you suggesting I enable OTA’s? Think I will just wait and see how this OTA works for others!
I'm completely joking around. Obviously we can't get a 2021 to magically turn into a 2023 with a software OTA ... but that's the point of the HVBJB recall right???

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes and I don't think anyone knows why it's now "C".

It could be just an internal numbering change or it could be another physical revision. It's kinda pointless to speculate IMO.
I am speculating that we will see D next week and E the following. ;)

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm completely joking around. Obviously we can't get a 2021 to magically turn into a 2023 with a software OTA ... but that's the point of the HVBJB recall right???
What?!! Well that burst my bubble. Guess all I have to look forward to now is that check from Publishers Clearing House.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
@Mike G and @WyldStallyn

I just ran one of the VINs in the update thread so I'll post it here since it's public already.
3FMTK3SU6MMA50263

The tooltip version for his BECM isn't in the list that Wyld provided. Appears to be newer, but we have no confirmation of the tooltip for the recall correct?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue 1657483619271

BECM G2283351-2.0
SOBDMB G2225749-5.0

Job2/Electric Motor #5
Sponsored

Last edited: