Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Looks like FordPass 3.21.0 dropped today. I have an iPhone, but I assume there's a new version for Android also. As usual, not a lot of info about what's new.

1619636322654.png

thanks for putting the version in the title..... I suggest moving the 'current release' of Fordpass thread to be a sticky.

1. I don't notice any improvement in 're-connecting' BT

2. I'm still disappointed at the lack of details in Release notes, and no 'known issue' list to indicate what they are working on.

3. lack of periodic updates to battery charge status, and maybe a message when 'done charging', would be awesome

timunger0222

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD
Occupation
RN
Country flag
After the update, we couldn't start the car with the PAKK, had to go into the house and get the ginormous fob and put it in my pocket, then everything was fine except the car was confused about which profile to use. After restarting our phones and power cycling the car, including getting out and getting back in. It seemed to fix. Do you all carry the fob around just in case or do you depend on the password to get things going? I've noticed a perfectly shaped fob holder in the center console, is it Ford's intention that we keep it stored there?
Thanks, Tim

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
After the update, we couldn't start the car with the PAKK, had to go into the house and get the ginormous fob and put it in my pocket, then everything was fine except the car was confused about which profile to use. After restarting our phones and power cycling the car, including getting out and getting back in. It seemed to fix. Do you all carry the fob around just in case or do you depend on the password to get things going? I've noticed a perfectly shaped fob holder in the center console, is it Ford's intention that we keep it stored there?
Thanks, Tim

I leave Fob in drawer at home, and use door code and start code if Paak doesn't work.

OP
OP
generaltso

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks, Tim
I just carry a fob with me when I leave the house so I don't have to deal with the hit or miss nature of PaaK. But if I'm just grabbing something out of the car in the driveway or just moving the car and don't have the fob on me, I'll use the entry and start codes if PaaK doesn't work. If Paak ever gets close to 100% reliable, I'll stop using a fob.

The fob "holder" in the center console is in fact for the fob, but it's not meant to be stored there. That's the spot that is used for programming a MyKey or adding a 3rd or 4th fob.

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
After the update, we couldn't start the car with the PAKK,
Last time PAAK didn't work for me, I toggled Bluetooth on my phone Off->On and then, after about 30 secs it worked.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I just carry a fob with me when I leave the house so I don't have to deal with the hit or miss nature of PaaK. But if I'm just grabbing something out of the car in the driveway or just moving the car and don't have the fob on me, I'll use the entry and start codes if PaaK doesn't work. If Paak ever gets close to 100% reliable, I'll stop using a fob.

The fob "holder" in the center console is in fact for the fob, but it's not meant to be stored there. That's the spot that is used for programming a MyKey or adding a 3rd or 4th fob.
It is also the spot to place the fob if the battery is too low to communicate with the car to start it.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
One thing I have noticed since the update is that the app now sends me a message every time I exit the vehicle that: “Your vehicle has been locked using the walk away lock feature.” It did not do this before the update.

This isn’t super useful (although it doesn’t hurt, either), but at least the car is now reliably communicating with the app in real-time about something! That’s hopefully a good sign of things to come?

The real-time updating of the car’s charge and location status remain quite delayed, even after swipe-down forced refreshes. And the status updates while actively charging is abysmal. Now I rarely even get a confirmation that my car is plugged in or charging, and if I do the information is way out of date.

Ford - this is what really matters for FP with the Mach E: we need to be able to check the app to see if we remembered to plug in our car, and to see if the car is charging, and this info needs to be at least very close to real-time. This shouldn’t be too much to ask. The car isn’t even “asleep” while charging, is it?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I have an Iphone 12 and I guess the phone updated itself. I just checked the release number and it is the same one that I am using.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
One thing I have noticed since the update is that the app now sends me a message every time I exit the vehicle that: “Your vehicle has been locked using the walk away lock feature.” It did not do this before the update.
I don't get that thankfully. maybe it is a setting you have on. I just want the watch app back.

OldBlueMME

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Ext, 2023 Yamaha MTO9
Country flag
just downloaded it and seems to be a bit more responsive, switching screen to screen. otherwise, nothing else major... will see if PAAK works any better
Really like those wheels on your MME.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
so.... on my FP app 'vehicle' screen I have a 'Update successful' header that doesn't go away after I tap thru to see the typical useless non-detailed description of OTA screen. When I go to Account->Settings , it still shows 3.21.0

my question is: was there another update? or does the 'OTA successful' message just fail to clear after you view the (useless) update screen?
Sponsored