Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Had a bit of road rage lately but not sure if its aimed at an EV or because I blew them off at the lights. And yes, ICE Mustangs like to rev their engines at me too.
If I still had my 18 GT 5.0 I would rev next to you. It would be an endearment though! Oh that wonderful track mode exhaust! I do miss the viseral noise and line lock burnouts!
Sponsored

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
Where the heck do you live that this all occurs? I've never even heard of coal rolling until I came to this group.

I've had my MME for almost a year now and have never once seen a microagression. But, where I live, EVs are a dime a dozen. I can't go to the grocery store only a mile away without seeing a dozen Teslas. But those are mostly driven by middle aged housewives and they never drive them fast or aggressively. Never. They've become the Toyota Corolla car here in SoCal.

The ICE age here in SoCal has melted. More than 25% of all EVs live here and it's no longer a big deal to see 6 or more EVs at a stop light. Your part of the country, wherever that may be, will also move forward. Eventually. Maybe. Possibly. But, who knows, some places still live in the civil war era.
You are right about Tesla's being the new corolla/Camry in SoCal. I don't live there but I visit my son regularly and they are everywhere. MME's are still rare though. In my last 4k miles of road trips to SoCal I've only seen 5 MME's during the entire 4k miles along with 4 Rivians, 2 Lucid Airs and 3 Urus's.

cvk71

First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ, 1962 Ranchero,
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
Now that I think about it, do Bronco owners treat Bronco Sport owners the way Mustang owners treat Mustang Mach E owners?
I bought my son one and everyone likes it but they don't look at it like they do the full size. No one is mad about it though, that I've talked to.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
In the Mach E, no. My wife's Prius, yes.

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
There are not loads of Mustang ICEs on the road here in NL, and most are EcoBoost anyway as the V8 versions are outreageously expensive due to taxation based on emission. Most people are very interested in the car, got quite a few people walking over when parking somewhere to learn more about the car or giving a thumbs up on the road. Most seem to appreciate the looks, and I think it is one of the best looking EVs out on the market. I do like the EV6 as well, especially the rear - nose is less agressive than the Mach E.

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
When I drove a Tesla, I often saw little microaggressions from other drivers, particularly pickups, and especially diesels. Some of it was imagined, sure, fed by stories of coal rolling, tailgating, brake checking, ICEing chargers, etc.

I also saw regular-way aggressions, including coal rolling, tailgating, brake checking, ICEing chargers, etc. Sometimes a little scary, often annoying, and always unnecessary.

So, I wonder, do you get the same thing when driving a Mach-E? I mean, it's got a Ford logo on it, so that ought to make some people's heads explode and might change some others' minds. Does the Mach-E get away with being an EV because it's not an obvious EV?

Curious what other's experience has been.
In the Mach e we sometimes get flipped off by assholes in lifted trucks - esp. if they have Trump stickers on

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
In the Mach e we sometimes get flipped off by assholes in lifted trucks - esp. if they have Trump stickers on
Those fools flip me off in the K/5 too. Maybe it’s because I’m blinding them with my headlamps? 🤪🤷‍♂️🐩

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Yeah it’s sad I can probably tell who someone voted for by their obscene gesture just cause of the car I drive

Biggus Dickus

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Must GT PP2, 18 Focus RS, 21 GTPE, 20 Escape,
Country flag
I had one instance where a a$$hole went out of his way to park his diesel pickup at a EA charger that was at the back of a parking lot rather than at the front near the store. Very obvious he purposely did this. Probably paid a good bit to have his truck towed and fuel system flushed when I insinuated that I had put water in his fuel tank in retribution. (I really did not). Left him a note and two empty water bottles under his windshield wipers recommending that he have it flushed or risk damaging his injector system. I said that he was probably thirsty after having to hike clear across the parking lot from where he ICEed the charger. Boy did I get flamed on this site for that.........
I wish you wouldv'e poured water in his tank and NOT left a message

River Rat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach Ex Iced Bue, 23 Lightning Ext SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just point out to them that the Mustang was originally born from leftover parts in the Ford Falcon parts bin and an attractive design. Ask them how they like their “Ford Falcon derivatives” ?
I loved my Ford Falcon Futura but to be fair I had a 265CI Chevy V8 and Dodge I-Beam front end.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag