Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
I would like to know if people are installing the 240V plug ahead of time or are you waiting to see what ford will offer when you pick up the vehicle. I talked to an electrician today and he quoted me 750 dollars to install the plug, and it is on the opposite side of the garage from where the panel is. SO I thought that was pretty good. But I am wondering if I better wait until I get the car and work out a deal with dealer and amazon home services. Any thoughts on this?
Sponsored

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
This all seems new to my dealer...I’m not counting on them being of any help here. I’m planning the install in the next month or two.

OP
OP
Dafstang

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
This all seems new to my dealer...I’m not counting on them being of any help here. I’m planning the install in the next month or two.
Yes that is what I was planning to do also. I was just wondering if there is info out there I am not aware off.

OP
OP
Dafstang

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Check with your power company: They may offer a deal for wiring up an EVSE as well.
That was one of the reasons, my friend told me that he got 500 dollars back from PGE here in northern California. But you have to have the Vin of the Car.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Same for me unless Ford reduces the price of their charger. Installation was the same I was quoted.

OP
OP
Dafstang

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
Same for me unless Ford reduces the price of their charger. Installation was the same I was quoted.
I just would like to know if the Amazon Home Services would be cheaper or more. I have a feeling it would be more like 1200 dollars on top of the 799 ford charger.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I just would like to know if the Amazon Home Services would be cheaper or more. I have a feeling it would be more like 1200 dollars on top of the 799 ford charger.
I am guessing it will be more. And the Ford charger is double the price of the Grizzl-E I got that is a 40 amp charger. I have bought almost all I need to get it done in materials for about $150. An electrician I know is going to do it on the side for me - I am just waiting on a quote from him. One thing I found out was due to Covid, Square D Homelite 240 2 pole breakers are hard to find. Had to order one online.
We already have a Fusion Energi so I will get to try it out I didn’t want to wait and have a car and no way to charge it
Ford Mustang Mach-E installing 240V Plug 2F2C2866-4597-43D1-9017-BB30ADF80396

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would like to know if people are installing the 240V plug ahead of time or are you waiting to see what ford will offer when you pick up the vehicle. I talked to an electrician today and he quoted me 750 dollars to install the plug, and it is on the opposite side of the garage from where the panel is. SO I thought that was pretty good. But I am wondering if I better wait until I get the car and work out a deal with dealer and amazon home services. Any thoughts on this?
I just had my 240v outlet (NEMA 14-50) installed yesterday. Cost about $900 for that part (I had them add a whole home surge protector for another $350 while they were here).

Biggest reason for doing it this year is the 30% federal tax credit (US) that expires at the end of 2020. Check out the "Shopping for A Home Charger" thread for a lot more details.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
We already have a Fusion Energi so I will get to try it out I didn’t want to wait and have a car and no way to charge it
My new OpenEVSE tells me my Fusion Energi only pulls 18 A, which was surprisingly low to me.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My new OpenEVSE tells me my Fusion Energi only pulls 18 A, which was surprisingly low to me.
Sounds about right. I think the Energi models have a 3.3kw charger on board.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Sounds about right. I think the Energi models have a 3.3kw charger on board.
Ah, yeah, that rings a bell.
Sponsored