J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
No hate here either. I had someone taking a video from behind me while we were speeding down the hwy yesterday. Later in the afternoon I got the thumbs up from a very nice Camaro that drove by. Today a woman was standing next to her car on the far side away from me and oddly enough I could tell she was waiting to say something. "Is that a mustang?" "yes" "can I take a picture" "sure" and I walked away.
Same.

while driving on the highway, I saw two admires in the car taking pictures or video with huge grins on their faces.

Yesterday, we pulled into a Trader Joe’s parking lot. After we parked a couple in a Model X pulled up. They were excited to see their first MME in the wild. He said he was folllowing us and hoped we were heading to the same place. He said he was serious considering the MME though one of his concerns is that it might be small compared to the X. We had a good chat and I just suggested to go check one out.
Sponsored

ay221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
Country flag
Yeah, I don't hate any vehicle. I really dislike vehicles that have emission problems and have gushing out the tailpipe. I rarely see those thankfully and has been a long time.

I think they should of just called it a mach-e, I like that name better than mustang.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. When I picked up my Mach e from the dealer Friday we went for a test drive. As we were leaving the dealership a Tesla pulled in. My wife said the driver stared at it. When we got back the Tesla was still parked at dealership lot. All of the dealership personnel really liked the Mach e as they crowed around it. Their demo car was a couple of days behind mine and not yet arrived. I did have one guy in a blue sports car blow by me on the way home.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My grabber blue color in and of itself, attracts attention and is maybe more noticeable. I've had, "is that a mustang, nice", from the gals, and lots of looks and people following, one couple of guys in a late model bright yellow Mustang GT followed and then I thought their necks would snap off from craning to get a better look as they raced on by.. Other random folks seem to like it a lot. It attracts the attention of anyone who is remotely interested in cars. Random cars on the highway try to look, and pretend that they are not looking at the same time..ha.. No bad comments so far, and I could really care less if anyone doesn't approve.

Srspdy1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Mustang Saleen, 2020 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Customer Service
Country flag
I drive a Mach-E and think your choice in trucks is just grand!
I just took delivery on my Mach-E and it was parked in the back with the “real” Mustangs. I’m a huge mustang fan. I learned to drive in a Mustang, I’ve owned more of them overs the years than I can count, I had a ground up restoration of a 67 Mustang and I still own a 1997 Saleen. I think I might need help ... so far I’m loving my new Mustang. I’m not bothered that Ford will be calling an upcoming truck a Maverick. Let the haters hate!

441EA28E-E35C-48DD-86DC-BC2379BC7A0F.jpeg

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
My experience this past week in a half w/ mine - those folks who don't like it will probably be the minority.

An example today: I was in a slow moving drive-thru vaccination site which was was being directed by State Troopers and the National Guard. The State Troopers held up the line a little to check it out and ask some questions. The Nation Guards folks, no less than 4 different groups at different times either stopped me to talk about it or saw me deep in the lines and waded out there to come ask questions and check it out. All honest questions, no one was negative, and many were even asking for the pricing so they could look into them. Lots of question on why I personally chose it over the main alternative too... haha.
That is great!
Now totally off topic: Dude your avatar is making me hungry! please consider changing it for those of us who can't have that everyday for breakfast along with the "hash browns." Those things are killer!
Now back to your regularly scheduled forum topic...

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
LOL - I'll get a picture of the new car up here at some point to replace it. Needs to stop raining first! The name and pic is kind of a running joke for me, as I used to work there many years ago when the things first came out on the menu.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Thanks. Also forgot to mention that I was stopped by someone driving a nicely equipped black model 3. Said he heard about the MME but never saw one. He simply said it looks nice and wished me all the best.

my username is close to my name.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Yeah, I don't hate any vehicle. I really dislike vehicles that have emission problems and have gushing out the tailpipe. I rarely see those thankfully and has been a long time.

I think they should of just called it a mach-e, I like that name better than mustang.
I can't say I have never hated any vehicle. The Mustang II and that Pontiac Aztec were two of the ugliest cars have ever seen......Yes there was one Mustang model I hated.......I am a sinner.

ay221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
Country flag
I can't say I have never hated any vehicle. The Mustang II and that Pontiac Aztec were two of the ugliest cars have ever seen......Yes there was one Mustang model I hated.......I am a sinner.
I should of explained in more detail. I never hate a vehicle where I show disdain to the driver. There are certainly lots of vehicles I would hate driving, like very large ones and really low HP ones.

kgautam28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eco boost 2016, 2021 Mach e FE, 2022 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Software
Country flag
So I was in my new Mach-E driving around and this guy in a beat up old F-150 flashed his brights at me an shot me a thumbs down as he passed me in the oncoming lane. Made me wonder, has anyone else received any public hate since having your car?
One guy in a GT coupe was shouting at me, 'why why why why'

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Having driven a Kia Stinger GT for the past couple of years, I can say I've seen my fair share of attention, mostly admiration and a ton of stares but definitely some hate from the German car drivers (and one Challenger). Germans very insecure a Kia handled better than their cars (and that Kia stole Albert Bierman lol).

I don't understand "car people" that actively hate other cars. There's something to like in almost all enthusiast cars, and you don't need to make the owner feel bad about driving it.

But for those who are surprised by this thread, get ready...there's going to be the vocal minority of people telling you "that's not a Mustang". Thankfully, those type of people will be filling up their F-150s at gas stations where we won't be going lol
Sponsored