Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Are the models on Ford UK’s website the 2022 models or are they still 2021?
The website is now showing 2022 models in the order & configuration tool, but if you use the “search stock” option that has the remains of the 2021 models that have been built and are in transit. (EDIT: It also now contains a load of the 2022 models as well)

I ordered a 2022 model back in October. Looks like the 2022 model year prices have just increased by £1,280 since then also.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
The website is now showing 2022 models in the order & configuration tool, but if you use the “search stock” option that has the remains of the 2021 models that have been built and are in transit. (EDIT: It also now contains a load of the 2022 models as well)

I ordered a 2022 model back in October. Looks like the 2022 model year prices have just increased by £1,280 since then also.
You've order another! A GT?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
You've order another! A GT?
Nah - just a newer 2022 RWD ER with Tech+ pack in Cyber Orange. I couldn’t afford to buy or insure a GT Edition ?

My 2021 model has accumulated an extensive list of hardware issues - which I’m sure will get fixed by Ford eventually - but it’s taking quite a while as parts seem to be so constrained right now.

Just as an example my main SYNC screen was reported as faulty in early June just a week or so after getting the car. After some months of thinking about it Ford decided it needed completely replacing. My dealership are still waiting for parts to arrive all these months later.

I just thought (hoped) that maybe a 2022 build would have less issues, and I’m trying to stay positive about my 2021 model.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
Nah - just a newer 2022 RWD ER with Tech+ pack in Cyber Orange. I couldn’t afford to buy or insure a GT Edition ?

My 2021 model has accumulated an extensive list of hardware issues - which I’m sure will get fixed by Ford eventually - but it’s taking quite a while as parts seem to be so constrained right now.

Just as an example my main SYNC screen was reported as faulty in early June just a week or so after getting the car. After some months of thinking about it Ford decided it needed completely replacing. My dealership are still waiting for parts to arrive all these months later.

I just thought (hoped) that maybe a 2022 build would have less issues, and I’m trying to stay positive about my 2021 model.
I don’t see that many differences between 2022 and 2021 … or am I missing something?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I don’t see that many differences between 2022 and 2021 … or am I missing something?
You’re right - what I have now and what I’ve ordered are going to be identical apart from the colour.

The only reason I re-ordered is that I’m hoping the physical build quality might be a little better on a 2022 model than it is on my early Dec 2019 model that I’m driving now. (ie have a working SYNC screen when the sun shines, not leak when it rains, for the brake pads not to bind/stick and break up, for the parking sensors to not error and drop out mid manoeuvre, to not need it’s windscreen and roof re-bonding) …and that’s not including any of the software glitches ?

They’ve obviously had a few issues with a small number of cars (always gonna happen on something so new), it’s just unfortunate that mine seems to be suffering from quite a lot of the known hardware issues within the first few months rather than just the odd one or two. If the parts were available to fix the issues quickly it would be less of a problem, but unfortunately they’re not :(

Last edited:

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
They’ve obviously had a few issues with a small number of cars (always gonna happen on something so new), it’s just unfortunate that mine seems to be suffering from quite a lot of the known hardware issues within the first few months rather than just the odd one or two. If the parts were available to fix the issues quickly it would be less of a problem, but unfortunately they’re not :(
Let's face it if they struggle to get a 12v battery to the UK, "less common" parts will be even harder to come by! That is unless there are quite a few Mach E's with a 12v battery problem! You'd think by now, 6 months since first UK deliveries, there would be a good level of parts availability!

cheshirecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Anyone else had an issue (possibly related to android?) where the screen comes on a while after turning the car off?

Couple of times (and only had the car 2 days) I've been sat in my front room and looked up to see the screen coming on whilst the car's on the drive. Go to the car and the screens on, radio playing etc. Wondered if it was my phone somehow activating it so have deleted the phone and it hasn't happened since.

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
You’re right - what I have now and what I’ve ordered are going to be identical apart from the colour.

The only reason I re-ordered is that I’m hoping the physical build quality might be a little better on a 2022 model than it is on my early Dec 2019 model that I’m driving now. (ie have a working SYNC screen when the sun shines, not leak when it rains, for the brake pads not to bind/stick and break up, for the parking sensors to not error and drop out mid manoeuvre, to not need it’s windscreen and roof re-bonding) …and that’s not including any of the software glitches ?

Come on Wonky, admit it...you just want one in orange..as I do (but I've either got to wait another 2 years to swap it out under the car scheme or write it off......and the way the tyres deal with wet roads, that's a possibility!!). I've learned to live with all the glitches now.... just glad it starts most days :)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Let's face it if they struggle to get a 12v battery to the UK, "less common" parts will be even harder to come by! That is unless there are quite a few Mach E's with a 12v battery problem! You'd think by now, 6 months since first UK deliveries, there would be a good level of parts availability!
All the spare parts that are available are probably going to those in the US and the EU who have issues. We are probably at the back of the queue

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
First dent.

Less than an inch on the left passenger door and barely noticeable but I can't unsee it now.

Must have been some careless driver who parked next to my MME and opened their door recklessly. Don't know who it is and am having violent feelings towards them.

Anyway ... suggestions on getting it fixed?

Bodyshop? Dealer? Or do nothing for now....?

20211128_134406.jpg

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
First dent.

Less than an inch on the left passenger door and barely noticeable but I can't unsee it now.

Must have been some careless driver who parked next to my MME and opened their door recklessly. Don't know who it is and am having violent feelings towards them.

Anyway ... suggestions on getting it fixed?

Bodyshop? Dealer? Or do nothing for now....?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 20211128_134406

Possibly difficult to repair as it's on a crease. That took a lot of force...

Try a mobile dent repair company. Do a google, loads around. About 5 years ago I bought a year old low mileage (1200mile) Nissan leaf. Within a week the o/s/r door got badly damaged. I thought it was totalled! I googled and found a local mobile 'dent doctor'. He came to my works car park the next day and within an hour he'd fixed it. £80 it cost, all I needed to do was polish it.

Give it a try...

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone else had an issue (possibly related to android?) where the screen comes on a while after turning the car off?

Couple of times (and only had the car 2 days) I've been sat in my front room and looked up to see the screen coming on whilst the car's on the drive. Go to the car and the screens on, radio playing etc. Wondered if it was my phone somehow activating it so have deleted the phone and it hasn't happened since.
Nope not had that but the car does light up etc if I go near to it.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Sorry to hear you've had all these issues Wonky.
Sponsored