Wish List for OTA Changes/Enhancements

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Like to have the Sirius song name still show when you click on the single name of channels row below, and it turns to multiple lines of channel icons. There is still plenty of room at the top area for the channel and song name, etc.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The decimal point means it's C, not F. 21C is about 70F.
Sorry, that was meant to be a bit of a ‘Murcia joke. I realize it was centigrade (that’s another ‘Murica joke) not Fahrenheit ? .

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Add me to the list for "Instant Energy Use" I love the feature in my Bolt that shows the (semi) instantaneous power usage for both use and regen and also a small icon that shows when the car is in "regen" mode.
My pet peeve is the amount of empty space in the front display when in "Engage" mode.

The Bolt has the GOM with max and min guesses, the instantaneous power usage/generation and a regen icon. Also, there is the Distance and Average power usage (e.g., 7.0 mi/kWhr)
20210324_131450.jpg

The Mach-E Has the GOM, no max/min no power usage/generation or icon for regen and a LOT of empty space.
20210330_074158.jpg

I will try to get the equivalent from my wife's MKZ-Hybrid which has a number of different screen available.
Looks like the F-150 Lightning, at least when equipped with SYNC 4A, will show this information in the dash. So maybe we'll see it in an update, too.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Looks like the F-150 Lightning, at least when equipped with SYNC 4A, will show this information in the dash. So maybe we'll see it in an update, too.

Really hope they can implement this via an update. Hell, I'd go into the dealership to get it if they can't do it OTA.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wish the charge schedule allowed us to select which priority to set: time schedule or target%. Right now it appears to ignore the schedule and start charging right away if the scheduled time window isn't long enough to reach the target%. I hate that. I don't want mine starting until 11pm, regardless of whether it will reach 90% or not.

But I can see how some people would. Thus why we need a button to tell it to make the target% the priority (and override the time window), or make the time window the priority (and ignore the target%) when there's going to be a conflict.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Wish list

1) ability to boost 80 to 85-90% before it derps out while charging. Sitting at a 50kW DC charger watching it trickle above 80 is sub-optimal

2) ability to allow Mach-E customer's to use 1 key (and maybe their personal keycode as a second factor of authentication) to program a second fob (dba MyKey)

Y'all allow it in other cars, but they require two fobs. Make it possible for the Mach-E, but with one Fob, and a second layer of authentication like a 'Fob Pairing Request' in the FordPass app. That way no randoms with access to the key can create one, but we can get one off eBay so our family stops hating us when they get blocked in and PaaK doesn't work.

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Y'all allow it in other cars, but they require two fobs. Make it possible for the Mach-E, but with one Fob, and a second layer of authentication like a 'Fob Pairing Request' in the FordPass app. That way no randoms with access to the key can create one, but we can get one off eBay so our family stops hating us when they get blocked in and PaaK doesn't work.
Or just ship with 2 fobs in the first place like normal.

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
I've only rented one for 48 hours, and I ordered...

My wishlist item is to have location aware walk away lock confirmation... I know you can turn it off completely (thanks macheforum!), which I did on my rental after honking the horn in the garage.

but when I was out and about I found myself locking the car just to be sure, instead of just waiting to hear the horn not beep.

EagleDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I wish the charge schedule allowed us to select which priority to set: time schedule or target%. Right now it appears to ignore the schedule and start charging right away if the scheduled time window isn't long enough to reach the target%. I hate that. I don't want mine starting until 11pm, regardless of whether it will reach 90% or not.

But I can see how some people would. Thus why we need a button to tell it to make the target% the priority (and override the time window), or make the time window the priority (and ignore the target%) when there's going to be a conflict.
This is most needed for L1 charging.

I don't have a Departure Time set, yet the MME keeps wanting to charge during my utility's peak hours. I have to keep going into the car and adjusting the target % so it will honor the schedule.

They should also allow more granularity in setting the target% - why limit to 60%, 70%, 80%, 85%... (or whatever the progression is). Why can't I set 73%? Of course, that problem goes away if I can tell it to honor the schedule first.

PC MachE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD standard battery
Country flag
Here's two more, both involving the Walkaway Lock.

Change the sound from the annoying horn beep to a gentler chirp. Or add an option for either choice (OFF-CHIRP-HORN). The horn is way too loud and obnoxious, especially in a garage.

And speaking of garages, there needs to be a GPS location exemption for home (like the custom charging location schedules) on the Walkaway Lock feature. This thing locks and unlocks every time I walk into my garage. And does it a dozen times if I'm actually doing work in the garage. I'm afraid I'm going to burn out the mechanisms from overuse.
Here's two more, both involving the Walkaway Lock.

Change the sound from the annoying horn beep to a gentler chirp. Or add an option for either choice (OFF-CHIRP-HORN). The horn is way too loud and obnoxious, especially in a garage.

And speaking of garages, there needs to be a GPS location exemption for home (like the custom charging location schedules) on the Walkaway Lock feature. This thing locks and unlocks every time I walk into my garage. And does it a dozen times if I'm actually doing work in the garage. I'm afraid I'm going to burn out the mechanisms from overuse.
I totally agree with a fix for disabling the alarm when it’s parked at home in the garage. If I forget to disable it, or heaven forbid reach thru an open window, the alarm goes off. Someone walks past it in the garage, the alarm goes off. I use paak but have to keep the fob next to the garage entrance to turn off all of the unnecessary alarm triggers. Why can’t it just know it is at my home, on my home network, and give me the option to always turn the alarm off when at this location?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1. The ability to set SOC limit without a schedule. At home I almost never need 100% charge and I get no special off-peak rate but I am required to set a schedule to allow my car to only charge to 90%.

2. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC and ICC) works great at highway speeds but does not maintain the follow gap when traffic slows down. This creates a problem with merging traffic. If I have the car set for to 4 lengths it should ALWAYS maintain 4 lenghts no matter what the speed is. Currently at 0-5 MPH ACC follows bumper to bumper, not 4 lengths. If someone rear-ends my Mach-E because ACC is being an ass I get the ticket for following too close because I will get pushed into the vehicle in front of me. This needs to be fixed. It is a safety issue!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
. The ability to set SOC limit without a schedule. At home I almost never need 100% charge and I get no special off-peak rate but I am required to set a schedule to allow my car to only charge to 90%
You don't need a charging schedule; I don't have one and I have it set to charge to 85% i my driveway

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You don't need a charging schedule; I don't have one and I have it set to charge to 85% i my driveway
In the car today it would not let me set the charge to 90% unless I used a schedule. I doesn't give me any other options other than Charge now to 100% or use a schedule.

What version are you on? I'm still running 1.37.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In the car today it would not let me set the charge to 90% unless I used a schedule. I doesn't give me any other options other than Charge now to 100% or use a schedule.
Not sure either way on that one, but a workaround would be to just set a 23 hour wide schedule, like 5am to 4am. That's virtually the same thing (other than the 1 dead hour).

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not sure either way on that one, but a workaround would be to just set a 23 hour wide schedule, like 5am to 4am. That's virtually the same thing (other than the 1 dead hour).
I basically did, but it would be nice to just have a slider or text box to enter a percentage into at any time.
Sponsored