kisonay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD ER Mustang Mach-E Scheduled 10/3
Country flag
Has anyone filed their 2022 taxes and were you able to claim the EV tax credit for $7500?

I'm afraid I may have misunderstood the rules . I most likely will not have much tax liability since my employer is deducting taxes correctly from my paycheck ..
Looking at the tax laws after Aug 16th, you can only use the 7500$ to cover any tax liabilities.. whereas previously it was a straight up credit...
Anyone have a similar situation or familiar with the tax code?
If you pay taxes during the year, you would still be entitled to a refund. It’s not how much you have to pay, it’s how much taxes you had to pay for the entire year.
Sponsored

mache_matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Maxima
Country flag
If you pay taxes during the year, you would still be entitled to a refund. It’s not how much you have to pay, it’s how much taxes you had to pay for the entire year.
That was my understanding as well, but when entering the info into Turbotax, its not working out that way.
And it mostly depends on this question "Were you under written binding contract to purchase the vehicle before August 16th 2022 ?"
Not sure if the order we placed with $500 deposit qualifies as a "written binding contract"

** EDIT **
I tried Turbotax again today, and it seems to be giving me the credit even when answering above question as No .. I will be checking with a tax professional just to be on the safe side ..

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
That was my understanding as well, but when entering the info into Turbotax, its not working out that way.
And it mostly depends on this question "Were you under written binding contract to purchase the vehicle before August 16th 2022 ?"
Not sure if the order we placed with $500 deposit qualifies as a "written binding contract"

** EDIT **
I tried Turbotax again today, and it seems to be giving me the credit even when answering above question as No .. I will be checking with a tax professional just to be on the safe side ..
I believe @kisonay answer is correct. But I’ll have answer from my CPA in week or two, just submitted paperwork :)

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
TurboTax gave me the credit just fine, even with answering ’no’ to the binding contract question. But the charging station credit is a different story: it takes the input but gives $0 credit. Anyone get the same or something different?

kisonay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD ER Mustang Mach-E Scheduled 10/3
Country flag
I just did my taxes and it did increase my refund.
The only thing I can think of in your situation is that either you didn’t pay
TurboTax gave me the credit just fine, even with answering ’no’ to the binding contract question. But the charging station credit is a different story: it takes the input but gives $0 credit. Anyone get the same or something different?
I get the same. The kicker is if you lower the EV credit to say 7000 the the charger credit starts showing. Looks like a bug in the product (limiting total rebate) and they (TurboTa) haven’t been very helpful.

MeIIo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select
Country flag

** EDIT **
8/16/22 cut off is for cars not assembled in North America. You don't have to worry about that with Mach E. That rule is mostly for other EVs such as Rivian, Kia/Hyundai etc where its not assembled in North America.

mache_matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Maxima
Country flag
Thanks all ..
Had a mini heart attack yesterday when I thought I wouldn't get the credit 😊

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
8/16/22 cut off is for cars not assembled in North America. You don't have to worry about that with Mach E. That rule is mostly for other EVs such as Rivian, Kia/Hyundai etc where its not assembled in North America.
Rivian built in Illinois.

mache_matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Maxima
Country flag
We took our first road trip last weekend (200 miles) on our Premium SR with AWD and didnt have a great experience.

When leaving home at 100% charge, the MME was showing 220 miles of range and we could get there without a stop. I was planning to stop at an Electrify America station about 150 miles away anyway for a quick boost to be on the safe side.
As we were leaving temps dropped from 50 to abt 35 and it was very windy. The first 80 miles was on a major highway at 75 mph and by the time we were off the highway our range was down to ~100 miles and the car was now rerouting us to a charger in Gettysburg National park, which was a couple of miles off our route. We got to the charger and of course, it was not working and we were worried they would close the park gates so we didnt bother calling customer support or anything ..
We rerouted to the Electify America which was now 30 miles away and we were down to 35 miles of range .. luckily with some hypermiling and no heat we were able to make it with 5% and 10 miles of range left.
There were only 4 chargers, 1 was not working and the other 3 were occupied .. so we had to wait about 15 mins for one to open up and fortunately the charging went pretty smoothly .. only peaked at about 105 kwh .. but we were upto around 60% by the time we came back from the walmart ... and we reached our destination fine after that

The way back home was much smoother .. I'm sure the better weather helped .. did a quick charge at a non EA charger, but went pretty smoothly at 75 kwh .. the efficiency when driving at 75mph is pretty low ..

sorry for the long post .. just wanted to share my experience .. definitely need more chargers on some routes over here in PA .. and i regret not getting the extended battery now

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We took our first road trip last weekend (200 miles) on our Premium SR with AWD and didnt have a great experience.

When leaving home at 100% charge, the MME was showing 220 miles of range and we could get there without a stop. I was planning to stop at an Electrify America station about 150 miles away anyway for a quick boost to be on the safe side.
As we were leaving temps dropped from 50 to abt 35 and it was very windy. The first 80 miles was on a major highway at 75 mph and by the time we were off the highway our range was down to ~100 miles and the car was now rerouting us to a charger in Gettysburg National park, which was a couple of miles off our route. We got to the charger and of course, it was not working and we were worried they would close the park gates so we didnt bother calling customer support or anything ..
We rerouted to the Electify America which was now 30 miles away and we were down to 35 miles of range .. luckily with some hypermiling and no heat we were able to make it with 5% and 10 miles of range left.
There were only 4 chargers, 1 was not working and the other 3 were occupied .. so we had to wait about 15 mins for one to open up and fortunately the charging went pretty smoothly .. only peaked at about 105 kwh .. but we were upto around 60% by the time we came back from the walmart ... and we reached our destination fine after that

The way back home was much smoother .. I'm sure the better weather helped .. did a quick charge at a non EA charger, but went pretty smoothly at 75 kwh .. the efficiency when driving at 75mph is pretty low ..

sorry for the long post .. just wanted to share my experience .. definitely need more chargers on some routes over here in PA .. and i regret not getting the extended battery now
I’m in NorCal. When weather below 50 and not much elevations on the road-trip I assume 2.1 -2.4 miles per kW when I plan my trips speed 75-80 mph kills range. Sometimes very same road during traffic time when my speed 55-60 I got 2.8-3.1.

mache_matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Maxima
Country flag
Hey .. it's been a little over 6 months since our build week .. how's everyone enjoying their MME ? and how many miles have you put on the car?

Tugwaterf

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Nissan Rogue
Country flag
Hey .. it's been a little over 6 months since our build week .. how's everyone enjoying their MME ? and how many miles have you put on the car?
7400 miles since she came home November 11th.

Loving every moment of driving it.
Also drove a long haul from Denver CO to Louisville KY. Loved the drive, found charging infrastructure past KS really got worse closer we got to KY.
The car is a dream and real work horse!

Note: the car was washed after the picture was taken.

70181839516__01417822-734C-4752-B70E-E129C416635A.jpeg

IMG_1192.jpeg

IMG_0957.jpeg

White night

First Name
Ylli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model s, Premium MME RWD SR
Country flag
4600 miles here and the car has been doing great. A lot of the software glitches have been fixed and now I am really happy with the car. I have had no issues at all. This car uses a lot less energy than my previews Tesla model S and my wife's model Y.
Sponsored