22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I haven't scheduled anything with my dealer yet because I expected a smooth OTA update. Now I don't know what to do. Should I schedule with them or what?
If you have an upcoming trip and want the update, I would recommend an appointment. I have one for next week (goes along with my 10k service as well). If I get the OTA, great. If not, I have it covered.
Sponsored

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
There are new PCM and SOBDMB updates showing up bring two GTPE's with HVBJB issues to a new version. PCM going from -ACL to -ACM, SOBDMB going from -BL to -BM. I don't see these updates for others.
We are seeing the new PCM and SOBDMB versions on more vehicles. It is not confirmed as to what the updates address.

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Getting back on track ... we are seeing updates being available again but we are trying to wrap our heads around what updates are being offered to which vehicles (link).

PCM, BECM, SOBDMC being offered in FDRS now has tooltip rev matching May. SOBDMB has a newer version, likely the June version.

- GTPE with May updates is being offered the above
- GTPE with June (recall) updates is showing no updates available
- 2 GTPE's with June (recall) updates and HVBJB issues are now being offered PCM (May rev), and SOBDMB (likely June rev)

If anybody is getting recall updates at dealerships today or tomorrow, could you please DM me your VIN so we can see what versions are actually being installed?
I have an 8am appointment for a Standard AWD. Worth DMā€™ing the VIN?

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I have an 8am appointment for a Standard AWD. Worth DMā€™ing the VIN?
It doesn't hurt to send to them, I would be interested to see if the version differs from what the GT's are getting.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Wyld and I are working with some backend channels right now. If we get more info that we are able to release we will let you guys know. We are still trying to confirm things.
Oh, come on! Speculate already!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Southern92

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW i3
Country flag
So...I bought my car Jun 30th (after the dealer did the original recall update). Admittedly I am relatively new to the forum & I dont yet understand a lot of the jargon. (& probably a lot of it would go over my head anyways! lol) So pls forgive me if my question has already been asked/answered:

Is the recall update (2.0 or whatever the new one it is called) the same as the original recall update (1.0) that my dealer did 30 June?
Or is that part of what is trying to be determined?

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Getting back on track ... we are seeing updates being available again but we are trying to wrap our heads around what updates are being offered to which vehicles (link).

PCM, BECM, SOBDMC being offered in FDRS now has tooltip rev matching May. SOBDMB has a newer version, likely the June version.

- GTPE with May updates is being offered the above
- GTPE with June (recall) updates is showing no updates available
- 2 GTPE's with June (recall) updates and HVBJB issues are now being offered PCM (May rev), and SOBDMB (likely June rev)

If anybody is getting recall updates at dealerships today or tomorrow, could you please DM me your VIN so we can see what versions are actually being installed?
I might have extracted the software version from a JSON file the update tool downloads. I haven't actually updated the car yet.

Code:
Module   Before Recall     After            Next up?
SOBDMB   LK98-14H297-BJ    NK98-14H297-BC   NK98-14H297-BD
PCM      MJ98-14C204-ABJ   NJ98-14C204-UC   NJ98-14C204-UD
Unfortunately, I didn't do this before today to see if it checks out, so speculation at best. (we all like that).

EDIT: 2022 GT Mar 1 Build.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I might have extracted the software version from a JSON file the update tool downloads. I haven't actually updated the car yet.

Code:
Module   Before Recall     After            Next up?
SOBDMB   LK98-14H297-BJ    NK98-14H297-BC   NK98-14H297-BD
PCM      MJ98-14C204-ABJ   NJ98-14C204-UC   NJ98-14C204-UD
Unfortunately, I didn't do this before today to see if it checks out, so speculation at best. (we all like that).

EDIT: 2022 GT Mar 1 Build.
Interesting because I got different versions. Maybe the difference between the MY21 and MY22?

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue 1657661337513

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
Interesting because I got different versions. Maybe the difference between the MY21 and MY22?

1657661337513.png
I think you're correct. I just pulled a random 2021 GT VIN off Cars<dot>com and got the same calibration version out of the JSON file. That car needs a lot of updates...lol

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Are you in the Early access program?
I am, but I do not know if that had anything to do with this. I am also part of the advanced telemetry sharing program, so they can see a lot more data from my car, and that could also have something to do with it. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

mwtechy

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mustang v6, 2021 Mustang MachE Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
All these Ford employees want to chime in and say what a joke it is. Why didn't they have the cajones to step up and say thanks for pointing this out and we are working on it back when we first created the thread???

Shows the culture inside the company really well. We know something is broken but we'll just play them as fools and then comment after.
As I'm sure you know most corp structures forbid public statements on behalf of that company. Some industries require preaproval before public speaking. I'm sure it's something similar in this industry. Non critical servers can have a longer SLA as I'm sure you also know.

I think the thread is perfect. Limited info from owners of the code base or servers, apis randomly hickuping but not showing the type of error you'd associate with such a thing, constant speculation... There are two types of people that work in the industry...and no this isn't a binary joke. Those that have no idea what is going on but convince everyone that they do and those that have no idea what is going on but are willing to admit that so everyone feels comfortable to share what information they have so a resolution to the problem can be found faster. I'm sure some that are upset understand that maybe devsecops is wasting some of his free time on something a ford employee could easily answer...but I kinda get the impression others are upset because they don't know how insane it actually looks when something in prod breaks and no one knows why. Public statements aren't made to inform people about everything, they are made to dumb things down enough so the majority will understand it IMO. All that being said, these are our cars and ford gets freedom to do with as they please through OTA updates. We should know exactly what is being changed with our owned property at all times...and if that requires a few people with their freetime querying licensed software and sharing some info publicly then that's way more work than we should've ever had to put into this in the first place. Ford should have detailed changelogs of every single software update and we don't have that even though these are cars we own. This is more about consumer rights to me than who was wrong or right.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So...I bought my car Jun 30th (after the dealer did the original recall update). Admittedly I am relatively new to the forum & I dont yet understand a lot of the jargon. (& probably a lot of it would go over my head anyways! lol) So pls forgive me if my question has already been asked/answered:

Is the recall update (2.0 or whatever the new one it is called) the same as the original recall update (1.0) that my dealer did 30 June?
Or is that part of what is trying to be determined?
It is not yet known whether the software that disappeared over the weekend is going to be the same as whatever is coming back out. The speculation is that it will be. Stay tuned. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©
Sponsored