Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select RWD
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Oh crap. Cell service sucks audibly (you can actually hear the suctioning sound) in my garage. That's why I put a WIFE router/repeater near the garage. Is this going to keep me from getting, like, any updates, um, ever???
I do not understand why you had to put your Wife near the garage, but I hope it helps 😂

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Woo glad to see this come in a bit early. Going to put on my wishful thinking hat and hope for early OTA too. I have next week off and am doing a bit of a staycation since I have an elderly grandmother who I need to help with stuff throughout the week. But was hoping to take some fun day trips that might require me to DCFC. Cmon Ford you got this!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
uh huh... or they would like to avoid spending $Millions

I would not be surprised if they rolled out software revisions to reduce power/heat.... and 'held out' on the hardware remove/replace for 'as needed' repairs upon failure rather than a general recall.

Disappointed..... but not surprised.

So, I'll probably avoid OTAs from this point on, and we'll see if my HVBJB hangs in, or dies under warranty so I can get the REAL fix with beefier contactors

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Oh crap. Cell service sucks audibly (you can actually hear the suctioning sound) in my garage. That's why I put a WIFE router/repeater near the garage. Is this going to keep me from getting, like, any updates, um, ever???
You route *and* repeat your WIFE? I hope you live somewhere where polygamy is legal. 🤪🐩

I am going to update later today. Fingers crossed! 😊🐩

Deleted member 11730

Spoke with my salesperson and showed him the letter from Ford that is shown at the beginning of this thread. He said he would speak with the service department. Just got a call from the service department and I now have an appointment next Friday for the update. Thanks everyone for the information. Like everyone on this forum keeps saying without this forum we would all still be in the dark about everything related to our MME's.

Oldbutalive

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So just no mention at all on needing to replace parts? Interesting, I thought GTs were at least for sure having to get new parts. I wonder if there will be a TSB out for the stop safely now message or whatever other warning that is going to pop up if these updates work as intended and tell the driver they're about to have an issue.
There is a possibility that the failure Could be with heat reducing coatings. No PARTS but overtime making the fix. In meantime lower the sensors temperature to trigger the warning.

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
If the contactor can be damaged by overheating, why doesn't the recall include an inspection of the contactor? Software update isn't going to do any good if the contacts are already 90 percent deformed.

I am thinking the new software may include some sort of Open Pedal Natzi messasge. Too many Open Pedal events and a message comes up "No More Open Pedal for You!"

LectricGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
There is a possibility that the failure Could be with heat reducing coatings. No PARTS but overtime making the fix. In meantime lower the sensors temperature to trigger the warning.
Unlikely that there's a thermal sensor on the contactor, since the component that would be monitored would be two pieces of copper (possibly coated/alloyed with silver or other metals). Overheat protection is being derived by calculating a thermal time constant, basically sticking instantaneous current and time into an equation to get an expected temperature rise/fall and continually reiterating to produce a calculated absolute temperature.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would not be surprised if they rolled out software revisions to reduce power/heat.... and 'held out' on the hardware remove/replace for 'as needed' repairs upon failure rather than a general recall.

Disappointed..... but not surprised.

So, I'll probably avoid OTAs from this point on, and we'll see if my HVBJB hangs in, or dies under warranty so I can get the REAL fix with beefier contactors
That would be 8years/100,000miles right. Don't know if I can hold out that long.

SirLamerok

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT PE Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have an appointment to take my car in tomorrow. Fingers crossed as I'm taking a short trip this weekend.

LectricGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
If the contactor can be damaged by overheating, why doesn't the recall include an inspection of the contactor? Software update isn't going to do any good if the contacts are already 90 percent deformed.

I am thinking the new software may include some sort of Open Pedal Natzi messasge. Too many Open Pedal events and a message comes up "No More Open Pedal for You!"

Inspecting the contactor would be a good idea, except it involves dropping the battery to get to it. Your comment is on point, however.

As for the "Open Pedal..." it's already there, at least on the GT trims, but it's apparently not restrictive enough or didn't take the contactor into consideration (and if it had been properly sized originally, it wouldn't have to). That's why the widespread worries as to what this update will do to performance characteristics.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Same here. And I can’t connect to WiFi but maybe I need a WIFE repeater (though mine does sometimes repeat herself but that’s cause I don’t listen…) :D
Sponsored