Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
They just got mine done in about 5 hours elapsed. Front brakes probably took 45 minutes, 21p22 and fighting their laptop took the rest. The service ticket looks like 10 modules were updated. Says SOBDM, BECM, SOBDMC, OBCC, BCM, DCME, DCMF, DCMG, DCMH & RFA. Not sure if that means all those got updates ?‍♂
Im sure this is covered somewhere…but could someone break down the acronyms that fly around here like the ones above?
Sponsored

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So I have to ask, how many people have had their car shut down after driving down hill? I find it infuriating that Ford would deny anybody over 36K miles a free software update to avoid this.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So I have to ask, how many people have had their car shut down after driving down hill? I find it infuriating that Ford would deny anybody over 36K miles a free software update to avoid this.
As to how many people have had this issue - widely discussed here - https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...p-downhills-descents-overheating-mach-e.7702/

Facts:

1) No one has over 36,000 miles yet (I suspect)
2) No one has had this issue, gone to Ford for an update, and been told it wouldn't be done
3) This update is a TSB I believe (separate from this Satisfaction Program). TSBs, unlike recalls, are not performed for free after the expiration of the warranty period. Sure, Ford can make an exception, but historically TSBs are not covered after the warranty expires.

Our 2010 Fusion Hybrid popped a code long after warranty, there was a TSB that handled it. TSBs aren't utilized unless the vehicle presents the issue (unlike this Customer Satisfaction Program). So, since our vehicle hadn't had the issue, we had to pay for an hour of tech time (even though it took 10 minutes) to update the vehicle and remove the error.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My vehicle is currently in a technician's bay for this update. The vehicle "won't accept the update", so the tech has put a call into the Ford Hotline for tech assistance. No idea if it's the same tech or not as last time that was able to update the vehicle.

Edit - in English, this really meant that Ford's servers were down for most of Thursday.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi there! This definitely doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist you with this issue.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can anyone who has had the updates installed tell me if the lock buttons on the doors work reliably now? The touch sensitive ones above the door open button.

I’m hoping the updates to each door module will fix that.
I had the update and they work but to be honest they worked before the update.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Went in for my 10k and CSP today. 10k went fine, their systems couldn't access Ford's servers though so I'll have to come back for the updates. I wonder if this has anything to do with yesterdays AWS issues.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Went in for my 10k and CSP today. 10k went fine, their systems couldn't access Ford's servers though so I'll have to come back for the updates. I wonder if this has anything to do with yesterdays AWS issues.
They're having an issue with mine today also.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but do we know if this is shipping on new factory builds yet? If so, what was the cutoff? I have a car in shipment and am curious if I will need the update or if it will come on the car.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but do we know if this is shipping on new factory builds yet? If so, what was the cutoff? I have a car in shipment and am curious if I will need the update or if it will come on the car.
The update is for job 1 (i.e. roughly first half 2021) vehicles.

Vehicles ship with the most current validated configuration.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag