kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
at quick glance, it looks like they added an EV data section to the My Journeys page.

edit: the EV data section also says "Trip Logs coming soon!".

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Doesn’t look like this release makes any improvements to the stuff on my FP issue list….
  • Still nothing close to real-time car status updates. My car last updated its status 5hrs ago despite multiple forced refreshes, and restarting the app. Without real-time updates, makes it very hard to monitor active charging status for charges initiated through the app. Better off using third-party apps unless you’re trying to utilize free EA kWh.

• Still no fix to distinguish between Plugs 1 and 2 on public chargers. Both plugs listed as one identical number, so you can’t tell which to initiate.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.21.0 Released B498B103-A38F-46F0-9E52-69363869C1A4

• When I try to use app to modify my charging schedule or max charge, and I tap “save”, the app hangs on a “Loading” message. Then finally “Sorry, FordPass isn’t responding. Please try again later.
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.21.0 Released 6F9B277E-DD3D-4A3C-8F17-D84D8D263FF9

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.21.0 Released BABD47B9-1556-49D9-8C17-211B70643464

Until these issues are fixed, FordPass provides very little utility, and a whole lotta frustration.

Next the design issue: It makes no sense why under “Manage EV” there are sections for “Manage Charging” and “Charge Times”. The Charge Times page is already nested within “Manage Charging”. Redundant and confusing. Stupid design.

Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass 3.21.0 Released E6DC9DC3-4D25-40A2-845D-5A2849536848

I’ve never really experimented with PAAK so that’s not on my list.

Shouldn’t we have a sticky thread to keep a running list of FordPass bugs? How do we make this more visible for the FordPass team?

Last edited:

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
at quick glance, it looks like they added an EV data section to the My Journeys page.

edit: the EV data section also says "Trip Logs coming soon!".
This part was there in at least the last update on Android. I just updated the app today, but noticed the EV Data section there on Monday.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Best fix so far, it finally removed the "remote setup"
Sadly, mine is still there. :(

This part was there in at least the last update on Android. I just updated the app today, but noticed the EV Data section there on Monday.
ah...didn't notice it before. I don't use my journeys, so, it just randomly stuck out as I was looking around.

@Mirak that's a nice list...i hope the FordPass is able to to address those.

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
just downloaded it and seems to be a bit more responsive, switching screen to screen. otherwise, nothing else major... will see if PAAK works any better

Blue PonyE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Montana, 2016 Leaf, 2021 First Edition
Country flag
Just saw this post and went to app store to update to 3.21.1 to see if that would let me set a departure time. So far no luck from app, able to set in vehicle. I get "Sorry Ford PASS isn't responding at this time. Please try again later."

Still not able to set a departure time.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The new version finally allows me to connect with my Fusion Energi but looks like has less functionality than the MyFord Mobile app. I’ll have to play with it to be sure though.

stangmatt21

First Name
Matt | macheauto
Threads
Reaction score
Website
threads.net
Vehicles
'21 GTPE, '22 Lightning, VW R32, '66 Must Conv.
Occupation
Digital Product Manager
Country flag
  • Still nothing close to real-time car status updates. My car last updated its status 5hrs ago despite multiple forced refreshes, and restarting the app. Without real-time updates, makes it very hard to monitor active charging status for charges initiated through the app. Better off using third-party apps unless you’re trying to utilize free EA kWh.
This would take a complete paradigm shift of how the backend cloud service, car, and app work; not just a phone app update.

• Still no fix to distinguish between Plugs 1 and 2 on public chargers. Both plugs listed as one identical number, so you can’t tell which to initiate.
You don't initiate a plug, you initiate a charger. At EA, only 1 plug can be used on a charger at a time, it doesn't matter which one you plug into your car, other than speed (kW), which the app lists per plug. Touching "Select" selects the charger, not the plug.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I haven't noticed any difference since the update. I haven't had much reason to go into the app as of late, and due to the sluggish performance and bugs I try to avoid opening the app at all.

Does anyone else find it strange that in both the Play Store and the App Store the app is rated 4+ of 5? In it's current state I'd have a hard time giving the app anything above a 2 of 5, for anyone to give it a 4+ is absurd IMO.
Sponsored