I put down a deposit for EV6. Don't hate me!

Todd44

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, MME Select, Red, RWD ordered 3/17/22
Occupation
Software Developer Manager
Country flag
Was the dealership able to do anything for you with respect to solidifying an order so you'll still get the tax credit on the EV6?
My wife’s a CPA, owns her own tax firm, that’s her job!
Sponsored

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Good luck with the EV6.
I looked.
I liked.
Ultimately liked the MME better, AND at 6’3” with a son that’s 6’3.5” ( not giving the full 6’4” on me) we just did not fit in the back of the EV6 without hitting our heads on the ceiling.
Fit great in the MME with the Pano roof though.

Todd44

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf, MME Select, Red, RWD ordered 3/17/22
Occupation
Software Developer Manager
Country flag
Good luck with the EV6.
I looked.
I liked.
Ultimately liked the MME better, AND at 6’3” with a son that’s 6’3.5” ( not giving the full 6’4” on me) we just did not fit in the back of the EV6 without hitting our heads on the ceiling.
I am back and forth. Still not sure which I’ll keep. The one I sat in was a GT, so even lower headroom, but I’m only 6’1” maybe 6’”0.5, I’m getting old…

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Enjoy the EV6. It's a great car. A friend has one and loves it.

I'm thrilled with every new BEV that comes to market that people can get what they want rather than the only BEV available.
This. I also hope @UsernameChecksOut will swing by after he's had the car for a while and let us know what he thinks.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Good luck with the EV6.
I looked.
I liked.
Good point. Forgot to mention this. I'm 5'11" and have the seat all the way down and have just enough clearance in the GT-Line with sunroof. My neighbor was considering buying my EV6 from me but he's around 6'2" and he didn't fit. his head was touching the headliner. It's cramped.

Wind would be much better without the sunroof...you have more headroom though you'll still be looking through the front windshield from a very high angle if you're anything over 6'

OP
OP
UsernameChecksOut

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This. I also hope @UsernameChecksOut will swing by after he's had the car for a while and let us know what he thinks.
I’m not gone quite yet! 😉

I’m guessing that it won’t be until late 2023 at least before I even have a shot of getting a new car.

Until then (or HVBJB failure), I’m still enjoying my cheddar-colored Mach-E!

OP
OP
UsernameChecksOut

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And who knows… maybe I’ll have a chance at the Audi A6 e-tron even before the EV6!

That Avant is 🔥 🔥 🔥!!

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Jeep Gladiator "Willys"
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
The Kia gets the mileage for road trips. The vented seats are comfortable and supportive. The suspension is firm enough for spirited cornering and forgiving enough for civilized road variations. Sport mode is activated from the steering wheel and 50 to 90 for passing is time warp.

The Mach E is the “around town” muscle car and day tripper. Great for heading up to the mountains or coast for a hike and dinner. The contour seats and Magneride provide G-force handling but the emphasis is on “firm”. Firm has to be enjoyed in small doses and I wouldn’t want it for a road trip.

When friends have seen the two vehicles their initial interest is in the Mach E. After a few rides, they prefer the Kia - especially for ride comfort.
I agree completely! Owning both I would be hard-pressed to have to firmly choose one or the other but since we are fortunate enough to be able to need and afford both, I'm more than happy to have both for their different use cases. We've done a few hours round trip in the Mach E and a few days trip in the EV6 and the charging time differences alone put us strongly in favor of the EV6, it's just nice to actually get a basically full charge while eating a short meal or running inside for a snack or drink. I'd say our Mach E is definitely more fun to drive (on most levels but primarily speed and torque and to a more modest extent handling) but everything else the EV6 wins hands-down except for aesthetics.

OP
OP
UsernameChecksOut

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree completely! Owning both I would be hard-pressed to have to firmly choose one or the other but since we are fortunate enough to be able to need and afford both, I'm more than happy to have both for their different use cases. We've done a few hours round trip in the Mach E and a few days trip in the EV6 and the charging time differences alone put us strongly in favor of the EV6, it's just nice to actually get a basically full charge while eating a short meal or running inside for a snack or drink. I'd say our Mach E is definitely more fun to drive (on most levels but primarily speed and torque and to a more modest extent handling) but everything else the EV6 wins hands-down except for aesthetics.
Yeah, it's opinions like this that make me thing the EV6 would be a great addition to the family... maybe in a slightly low-key color (versus the Cyber Orange) is a good choice for the wife.

The aesthetics on the Mach-E+++ The other day I was picking up the kids from ice skating lessons and as soon as the pony emblem up front lit up on approach, a little boy outside tugged at his daddy, pointing at my car going "Look Daddy! There's a horsey on that car!!" It's gonna be hard to give up such a head-turner of a car!
Sponsored