Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
Actually it happened to me yesterday while bringing my car to a body shop to assess my bumper damage. The shop was recommended to me by my dealership because he was known for being an enthusiast and would take good care of my 'baby'.

He came out looked at it and said well that's certainly different, it's no mustang though and preceded to do his analysis while showing obvious disdain for the car. We had a few more words about it, but I could tell he made up his mind about it and gave up even talking about it.

Your not going to change the #notamustang haters minds...but lets hope they don't go crazy and cause damage to our vehicles because of their dislike.
I certainly wouldn’t give my business to someone who has a clear bias - negative one at that. The shop I am using for PPF and ceramic coating, the owners was excited when I told him the Mustang Mach e and he pulled up pics on his phone
Sponsored

Matthewmohan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
If I could have one wish granted this week, I’d want anyone who dismisses BEV’s for “political” reasons to test drive a Mach-E. The fact is all politics and environmental bull$#!t aside...this car is great. It drives better than any ICE car I’ve ever had. And all the bugs I’ve seen can be fixed with an internet connection and not a wrench. That takes a little while to comprehend.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’ve only gotten positive responses. Not only are people staring, people keep pulling over, getting out, and taking pictures of my Mach-E. Literally people pulling over from wherever they were going, stopping in front of my house or wherever I’m parked, getting out, taking pictures, getting back into their car, and driving off.

While on the road, I’ve noticed other drivers sort of follow me short distances to get a better look, especially EV drivers who I think are more likely to have heard about the Mach-E and know what they are seeing.

Lots of curiosity too from people who can see that it’s a Mustang but have never heard of the Mach-E, never seen an SUV Mustang, and don’t know it’s an EV.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
So I was in my new Mach-E driving around and this guy in a beat up old F-150 flashed his brights at me an shot me a thumbs down as he passed me in the oncoming lane. Made me wonder, has anyone else received any public hate since having your car?
I test drove a white premium today at the dealership at which I have my GT reserved. As soon as I got on the interstate I saw a white GT in the fast lane. As it approached I saw it slow down and start taking pics. Then when he pulled up alongside me I gunned it, which really isn’t that impressive at highway speeds. I quickly fell back, we smiled and waved at each other then he gunned it. The ICE GTs have us beat at anything beyond 50mph so I let him take it, he gave a thumbs up out the window and I gave a Wayne’s World “we’re not worthy” salute. Then I exited stage right.

Back to the dealership. My wife was impressed with the car and said she would take a Premium if one became available. I told the salesman this and expected to hear that there would be a mark up (like every Seattle dealer) but to my surprise he said no markup. This dealership is north of Seattle, in Skagit county and I have bought other cars from this family of dealers in the past and actually continued to drive back for service even when I moved to the city since they were always honest. Looks like I’ll stop talking with the Seattle dealers. But I still want to wait for the GT for the simple reason that my Land Rover feels like it has more passing pull at 70mph+ than the Mach E.

Last edited:

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If I could have one wish granted this week, I’d want anyone who dismisses BEV’s for “political” reasons to test drive a Mach-E. The fact is all politics and environmental bull$#!t aside...this car is great. It drives better than any ICE car I’ve ever had. And all the bugs I’ve seen can be fixed with an internet connection and not a wrench. That takes a little while to comprehend.
Totally.... my first BEV and only 110 miles so far and I attest to that statement.... drives better than any ICE I have been in.

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
Nothing but positive comments and thumbs up so far here. Even had a guy with a brand new Porsche Cayenne walk over and ask me about it while I was charging and told me it was great looking ride.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
My experience this past week in a half w/ mine - those folks who don't like it will probably be the minority.

An example today: I was in a slow moving drive-thru vaccination site which was was being directed by State Troopers and the National Guard. The State Troopers held up the line a little to check it out and ask some questions. The Nation Guards folks, no less than 4 different groups at different times either stopped me to talk about it or saw me deep in the lines and waded out there to come ask questions and check it out. All honest questions, no one was negative, and many were even asking for the pricing so they could look into them. Lots of question on why I personally chose it over the main alternative too... haha.

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I certainly wouldn’t give my business to someone who has a clear bias - negative one at that. The shop I am using for PPF and ceramic coating, the owners was excited when I told him the Mustang Mach e and he pulled up pics on his phone
Trust me this shop will not be getting my business in the end....I know there will be some dislike for the car, I just didn’t expect it from a body shop owner who works on all types of vehicles.

On the opposite end of things I came our from dinner the other night to someone snapping numerous pictures of my Mach-E. I joked with him that I charge for pictures to which he said dude I know someone who would buy the car from you right now...name your price. I told him sorry I waited 14 months for it so there would be no selling at this point, he then offered me money for taking pictures...?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
What? No phone number?! ?
I'd be lying if I said that thought hadn't crossed my mind. But how would a rubber ducky make a phone call? ?

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Actually it happened to me yesterday while bringing my car to a body shop to assess my bumper damage. The shop was recommended to me by my dealership because he was known for being an enthusiast and would take good care of my 'baby'.

He came out looked at it and said well that's certainly different, it's no mustang though and preceded to do his analysis while showing obvious disdain for the car. We had a few more words about it, but I could tell he made up his mind about it and gave up even talking about it.

Your not going to change the #notamustang haters minds...but lets hope they don't go crazy and cause damage to our vehicles because of their dislike.
you really have to wonder how pathetic a person's life is that they get so invested in a particular model (like mustangs) and foster a hatred for other vehicles. it seems really sad. But we were early adopter of prius' so we got the "hate hybrids' thing.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Lots of curiosity too from people who can see that it’s a Mustang but have never heard of the Mach-E, never seen an SUV Mustang, and don’t know it’s an EV.
It's probably the double whammy of SUV AND electric that has the mustang enthusiast crowd so pissed. For instance, if Ford had just taken the standard mustang and make it electric with GT-esque specs I'm sure there would be grumbling, but not as much. Likewise, if Ford had made an ICE SUV with the mustang name I'm sure it would get complaints.

But do both? That's got them all hot and bothered lol

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
We have neanderthals here who buy a new pickup truck and the first thing they do is install custom dual exhaust, removing the converters. They're loud and they stink. I haven't encountered any yet while in my MME, but I doubt they'll be impressed!

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I drive an old truck and think your choice in cars is just grand.. ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Hate? IMG_20210228_093409
Nice - I need to get a picture of my MME next to my 53 Chevy pickup! Maybe when it warms up a bit - the old girl is still winterized.