breeves002

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sam
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
870
Reaction score
1,704
Location
St. Louis, MO
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
As many of you know this CSP was released recently. Here is the full info released to dealers. I started a new thread so this info wouldn’t get buried.


962D480B-19A0-4319-869B-57EA52DC6B41.jpeg

CEC4EB6B-3841-46D6-9569-BC6ED323229C.jpeg


My PAAK works 95% of the time, then the other 5% it just doesn’t work at all. I’ve made the appointment so hopefully this solves those issues.
Advertisement

 

Terry

Well-Known Member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Mar 7, 2021
Messages
46
Reaction score
41
Location
Florida
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
As many of you know this CSP was released recently. Here is the full info released to dealers. I started a new thread so this info wouldn’t get buried.


962D480B-19A0-4319-869B-57EA52DC6B41.jpeg

CEC4EB6B-3841-46D6-9569-BC6ED323229C.jpeg


My PAAK works 95% of the time, then the other 5% it just doesn’t work at all. I’ve made the appointment so hopefully this solves those issues.
Do you know if this is a replacement for the 2 different SSMs associated with Paak or should we ask that this and the SSMs be done?
 
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sam
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
870
Reaction score
1,704
Location
St. Louis, MO
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Do you know if this is a replacement for the 2 different SSMs associated with Paak or should we ask that this and the SSMs be done?
Most likely this superceeds them. If you are reprogramming a module with newer software than the SSM, then they don’t apply anymore
 

Trede

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trede
Joined
Dec 31, 2019
Messages
133
Reaction score
263
Location
Kent, WA
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Why no OTA for this?
My guess would be due to the nature of the involved software...you know, the bits that tell your car what is and isn't a valid key. I could definitely be wrong, but that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the notice in FordPass to bring it in.
 

JCHLi

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2020
Messages
960
Reaction score
1,394
Location
Michigan
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Interesting step requiring hooking up 12v charger first. I wonder if this is SOP for all updates. Perhaps a precaution on losing charge or maybe required for the update to process?
 

generaltso

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2020
Messages
5,133
Reaction score
8,582
Location
Vermont
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Interesting step requiring hooking up 12v charger first. I wonder if this is SOP for all updates. Perhaps a precaution on losing charge or maybe required for the update to process?
It's common for most of the updates. I think it's just a precaution to make sure the car doesn't go to sleep in the middle of an update.
 

EELinneman

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
May 4, 2021
Messages
736
Reaction score
1,121
Location
Littleton, CO
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition - shipped!
Occupation
Partnership and Alliance Director, EXL Service
Country flag
Interesting step requiring hooking up 12v charger first. I wonder if this is SOP for all updates. Perhaps a precaution on losing charge or maybe required for the update to process?
It's because the 12v batteries fail so often! I'm going to go into hiding now.... Sorry, had to.
 

RonTCat

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ron
Joined
Jul 21, 2020
Messages
964
Reaction score
2,320
Location
USA
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
It's common for most of the updates. I think it's just a precaution to make sure the car doesn't go to sleep in the middle of an update.
The flashes typically take a long time, and the tech might not normally check 12v battery health, and you likely will brick the module if you have a low voltage/no voltage event during the flash.
 
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Well-Known Member
First Name
Sam
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
870
Reaction score
1,704
Location
St. Louis, MO
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Why no OTA for this?
Ford just isn’t comfortable doing OTAs for all modules yet. I don’t think they have the GWM software right to flash modules. This time next year I think we’ll see 99% of the updates OTA.
 

GoosePond08

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jun 28, 2020
Messages
317
Reaction score
508
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
My PAAK was around 90% success early on, often it was fine and then get funky for short spurts. However, after about two months its about 40% success, and never works on first try. 40% only includes opening the Ford APP and waiting. The other 60% failures are when even that wont work.

I'll be scheduling for this update.
 

macchiaz-o

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jonathan
Joined
Nov 25, 2019
Messages
5,407
Reaction score
10,793
Location
Valley on the Sun
Vehicles
Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The flashes typically take a long time, and the tech might not normally check 12v battery health, and you likely will brick the module if you have a low voltage/no voltage event during the flash.
What about flashing modules while plugged into a L1/L2 EVSE? The car can condition the 12V battery during a charge session. And this is a more typical scenario for eventual OTA updates.

Maybe that's an unsafe approach for dealer service techs since they may be doing other work on the vehicle and needing to disconnect the HV battery? But most of the time they're doing one thing at a time (or at least, they are billing customers or Ford as though they only do one thing at a time).
 

crownmountain

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Aug 5, 2020
Messages
107
Reaction score
130
Location
Durham NC
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Scheduled!! But so far not really having issues.
 
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Top