Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
For those who use 1PD, what do you like about it? Why do you use it? What are the benefits? I heard that it doesn’t extend battery life.
Sponsored

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
It's honestly easier once I got used to it. Most stops are foreseen well in advance. Simply letting the foot off the accelerator will slow it down, and timed right no brake is needed. You can still feather the accelerator to stop at the exact spot desired. Don't have to engage the brake when stopped either. I don't care about adding miles back, it's just easier for me.

Getting in my wifes car the other day for the first time in two weeks, took me a bit to get back used to it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It's honestly easier once I got used to it. Most stops are foreseen well in advance. Simply letting the foot off the accelerator will slow it down, and timed right no brake is needed. You can still feather the accelerator to stop at the exact spot desired. Don't have to engage the brake when stopped either. I don't care about adding miles back, it's just easier for me.

Getting in my wifes car the other day for the first time in two weeks, took me a bit to get back used to it.
Exactly! Having separate accelerator and brake pedals is a holdover from days when everything was mechanical and it made no sense to combine them. To me, 1PD seems like a more natural way to operate.

mountp

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I sort of like it because it seems safer. The time to move the foot from accelerator to brake is removed and therefore you can stop faster.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
All of the above - I am using it exclusively, but . . .

I sort of like it because it seems safer. The time to move the foot from accelerator to brake is removed and therefore you can stop faster.
For a really HARD stop in an emergency you will probably still have to hit the brake and engage the friction brakes.

mountp

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

For a really HARD stop in an emergency you will probably still have to hit the brake and engage the friction brakes.
True but you are on the way to stopping...

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag

Very true, and going downhill adds to the time needed to stop using one pedal. Someone pulls out in front, or light turns yellow when not expected, etc. Things happen, most of the time I can stop with one pedal just fine.

Much like the fake engine sound, its an option. People can use it or not, making everyone happy.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
For those who use 1PD, what do you like about it? Why do you use it? What are the benefits? I heard that it doesn’t extend battery life.
If you drive it like you are trying to conserve energy, one pedal driving will absolutely extend your range to an extent. If you're driving like Mario Andretti, not so much

It also reduces wear on your brakes

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I stay in Unbridled mode and 1PD on 100% of the time. I love the power and the responsiveness. Having 1PD on makes for an easy driving experience just modulate the pedal until you want to stop.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It increases the efficiency of your driving in traffic. The 1PD will maximize regnerative braking. I now spend all my time in either ICC or 1PD (Unbridled of course).

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Engage, OPD for me. It just feels good, like my Gen 1 Volt did in L :)

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
My one pedal drive experience is limited to my BMW i3--I'm many months away from getting my MME. But I would use one pedal drive even if there was no battery benefit--I just love driving that way. I find it so much easier just keeping my foot in one place rather than shifting from accelerator to brake. When I drive an ICE car and have to use the actual brake pedal, I find myself annoyed...

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
Pressing the brake pedal starts with regenerative braking so 1PD will make little difference in the ware of the mechanical brakes or the efficiency of the EV if you are a driver that usually spends a significant amount of time coasting before applying the brakes.
Sponsored