Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Apparently they are catching the Job 2s up to the Job 1s. We should get 2.8.2, then 2.8.3, based on what has been reported by others who are ahead of us.
Job 2s will NEVER catch us!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue CATS
Sponsored

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
In the age of EVs, Ford is forced to adapt from building nut-and bolt machines to writing software and sending it by air. No small feat for a century-old company used to doing the former.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the age of EVs, Ford is forced to adapt from building nut-and bolt machines to writing software and sending it by air. No small feat for a century-old company used to doing the former.
From the 1993 movie with Sean Connery and Wesley Snipes, "Rising Sun":

“- John Connor: We're playing the most American of games.
- Web Smith: Which is what?
- John Connor: Catch-up.”

Mike

Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
I'm a bit worried that I won't get the recall OTA. I had the recall fix done at the dealer last Monday 7/11, but that was during the FDRS "outage" discussed in the other thread, so I'm not sure if my car actually got the recall or not. I believe I am on the tail end of Job 1 cars — build week was 6/14/21 or 6/21/21.

The reason I'm worried is that the Fordpass widget still shows a failed OTA for 2.7.1 back when I had a dealership install Bluecruise, which they did do successfully. I was also affected by the "Stuck on 1.7.1" issues that I had a dealership resolve earlier this year.

I recently completed a 3k mile trip and didn't get any updates on the way back, even after the OTA went out. Wondering if I should just wait longer or what.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I'm a bit worried that I won't get the recall OTA. I had the recall fix done at the dealer last Monday 7/11, but that was during the FDRS "outage" discussed in the other thread, so I'm not sure if my car actually got the recall or not. I believe I am on the tail end of Job 1 cars — build week was 6/14/21 or 6/21/21.

The reason I'm worried is that the Fordpass widget still shows a failed OTA for 2.7.1 back when I had a dealership install Bluecruise, which they did do successfully. I was also affected by the "Stuck on 1.7.1" issues that I had a dealership resolve earlier this year.

I recently completed a 3k mile trip and didn't get any updates on the way back, even after the OTA went out. Wondering if I should just wait longer or what.
Send me your VIN in a DM and I'll check

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I got the recall letter yesterday in the mail, and DevSec's printout and an apointment Tuesday to try to get the patch done again. Hopefully this time it will be available to dealers without any drama.

Last edited:

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
Is there any hope at all for those of us that updated via FDRS ourselves?

Will it get picked up that our modules are up-to-date (at some point) without having to visit the dealer to clear out the recall?

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Is there any hope at all for those of us that updated via FDRS ourselves?

Will it get picked up that our modules are up-to-date (at some point) without having to visit the dealer to clear out the recall?
Maybe??? One Day???

My dealer called me yesterday and told me that I needed to come in to have 21P22 installed. So as of now, no, there's no hope. I installed those, what ... 6 months ago now?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe??? One Day???

My dealer called me yesterday and told me that I needed to come in to have 21P22 installed. So as of now, no, there's no hope. I installed those, what ... 6 months ago now?
And the service manager be like...
Ford Mustang Mach-E 22S41 Recall Software - Server Deployment Issue Not_the_modules

Addos

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach E AWD
Country flag
What do you mean catching job 2's up to job 1's? My job 1 still doesn't have 2.8.x yet. Nor the recall update.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Apparently they are catching the Job 2s up to the Job 1s. We should get 2.8.2, then 2.8.3, based on what has been reported by others who are ahead of us.
how do I find out if I’m a Job 2 again? I took deliver of a 2021 MY in October so I’m almost certain I am Job 2. Just figured I would confirm.
Also why did job 2s get 2.8.2 so late? Doesn’t inspire confidence I’ll get 2.8.3 for months.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What do you mean catching job 2's up to job 1's? My job 1 still doesn't have 2.8.x yet. Nor the recall update.
Well......for most Job 1 cars...they had the opportunity to have alllll those modules updated via two catch-up programs, CSP 21P22, and 21G01.....

Job 2 cars, although they may already had BlueCruise if they were optioned with the necessary hardware, weren't so fortunate if they were made after September. So there's a pant-load of Job 2's in never-never-update-land that so far have not been able to benefit from those programs.

If you have a Job 1 car and never took it in for those programs and don't have your BlueCruise and improved charge curve that Job 2's never got, or the RFA update, or the updates for all 5 door modules, etc.

You should have.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
how do I find out if I’m a Job 2 again? I took deliver of a 2021 MY in October so I’m almost certain I am Job 2. Just figured I would confirm.
Also why did job 2s get 2.8.2 so late? Doesn’t inspire confidence I’ll get 2.8.3 for months.
Build date on your door sticker is probably the fastest way.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag