JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Bluecruise works pretty dang good (video below)...

There are times where it doesn't have sections of major highways mapped and for a brief period, it will tell you to resume control... Also, even though it's a great safety feature, the continuous alerts feature about paying attention is super annoying...

If I had to give it a grade I would say honestly BlueCruise is about 70% as good as Tesla autopilot... Since not all roads are mapped, it can't switch lanes or take exits/stop lights (I'm pretty sure Tesla can do this but I haven't driven one in a while), or put destinations in the nav system and the car just goes, I feel like 70% is a fair estimate. I think Ford plans on mining more data with the training wheels self-driving and it will get better over time.

Below is a link to a video of me using it on the way to work one morning (it's a relatively boring video but you get the idea).

snapshot_server.gif

Click the image or view your video from Tom Snyder here

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Activated {filename}
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Activated {filename}
Yay! 70% is the perfect grade... Passing without the extra effort to get an A! I always say if you get an A, you studied too hard!

Seriously though, thanks for the video and details!

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Tesla's basic AutoPilot doesn't switch lanes, take exits, stop at lights, or do "Navigate on AutoPilot." Those are all part of their $10,000 FSD option.
This is also the system that killed yet another innocent person yesterday. If 70% blue cruise doesn't kill anyone its a far superior system. Some times need to be aware of the limits of current technology.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
This is also the system that killed yet another innocent person yesterday. If 70% blue cruise doesn't kill anyone its a far superior system. Some times need to be aware of the limits of current technology.
That and people are stupid.

People need to relearn how to be responsible for their own actions. I've given up giving a crap about willfully ignorant people. The heard needs a little thinning, IMHO

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I have been in a Model X that will change lanes with the signal light and stop at lights. Don't get me wrong, I sell Fords and I'm jacked up about what we are doing for the pricepoint we are doing it at!

** Edit **

I read your message wrong at first, I see what you're saying.
No worries. A lot of people that BUY a Tesla get it mixed up and don't realize the car they are buying doesn't have all of those features. When I rented a Model Y for 4 days, I didn't like the basic AutoPilot. It doesn't change lanes at all. To change lanes, you turn it off, change lanes manually, and then turn it back on. With the Mach-E, ICC automatically reengages when you get in the new lane. It is super smooth and I love it. It is a small thing but makes a huge difference.

It should also be noted that everything Tesla offers is 100% hands on. Tesla owners will talk about how BlueCruise only works on 130,000 miles of road. That's true. But what they fail to understand is that the ICC (hands on, intelligent cruise control) works pretty much anywhere that has lane markings (ie it's the same as AutoPilot). So BlueCruise is like a bit of a bonus to have stretches with no hands at all.

OP
OP
Sagacity

Sagacity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT/PE, 2015 Limited Edition Mustang GT 0146
Occupation
Network Administrator
Country flag
Some updates. Just did a trip from Salt Lake City North to Pocatello, ID. One thing I learned is that Blue Cruise does not work if you go over 80mph. Took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working. Speed limit here is 80mph.

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
Where is a source for your claim that Tesla AP killed "another innocent person yesterday?" Please advise.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Some updates. Just did a trip from Salt Lake City North to Pocatello, ID. One thing I learned is that Blue Cruise does not work if you go over 80mph. Took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working. Speed limit here is 80mph.
Interesting. I wonder if you have the Intelligent Cruise Control on (different from just adaptive cruise) and it’s limiting it? Also…I’ve never seen an 80 mph speed limit! Lol

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Do you have a legitimate verifiable source?
If you don't trust the original source links posted next to every row in that spreadsheet, then I suppose you'll need to continue your research with NTSB, other/local authorities, and Bing/Google.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
To be fair, that spreadsheet states the last fatal incident with autopilot was July. There have been more recent fatal incidents, even one early today

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
If you don't trust the original source links posted next to every row in that spreadsheet, then I suppose you'll need to continue your research with NTSB, other/local authorities, and Bing/Google.
I do not see any sources related to any September 2021 crashes related to Tesla AP.
Sponsored