Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I do not see them getting rid of CCS, the NACS is small enough to not make the port too crowded. Getting rid of CCS would be a huge step backwards.
Seriously? CCS is awful. Just awful. Something GM would go for.
Sponsored

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I do not see them getting rid of CCS, the NACS is small enough to not make the port too crowded. Getting rid of CCS would be a huge step backwards.
I agree that it would be a huge mistake and massive step backward. CCS is an open standard. NACS is proprietary, including its communications protocol, which means brand t could change it at any time, rendering Ford vehicles unable to charge or charging more slowly than they're capable of. It would be a massive mistake for Ford to trust its main competitor.

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
Everyone on this forum always complains about CCS fast charging and says "superchargers are flawless".

Elon and Jim announce a partnership and some of those same people cry because they are intolerant to others ideals.

Quite sad that they can't be happy for the advancement of EV tech.
That intolerance is kind of exactly why, Elon is not a person you want to be associated with at this point. The shift also doesn't make a lot of sense and complicates things, Tesla has been retrofitting CCS adapters on their superchargers anyways. What people really want is for the charge networks to get their act together.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Need more details.

— Captain Obvious.

Then we can all be upset and angry.

— Captain Cynical

May you live in interesting times.

-Joseph Chamberlain, paraphrased. 1898.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Anyone NOT renew the nav subscription? I'm very interested in if preconditioning would be possible if you didn't renew. That'd pretty much screw us into having to renew that sub just so we could charge at places, either places on the BOCN with a preconditioned battery.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Elon is not a person you want to be associated with at this point.
That's your opinion, not fact.

Funny how Elon was likely your savior 5 years ago until he said things you didn't agree with.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Everyone on this forum always complains about CCS fast charging and says "superchargers are flawless".

Elon and Jim announce a partnership and some of those same people cry because they are intolerant to others ideals.

I'm happy with what Tesla has done, but it's because they have actual geniuses working for them that do more than what the CEO does and I can support them. This is all great news.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
That's your opinion, not fact.

Funny how Elon was likely your savior 5 years ago until he said things you didn't agree with.
This works in reverse too. Same people who called him a liberal hippie cause he talks about saving the environment are embracing him now for his views, he's just playing both sides and exploiting capitalism. I don't think he's a serious person in political ideals.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
This works in reverse too. Same people who called him a liberal hippie cause he talks about saving the environment are embracing him now for his views, he's just playing both sides and exploiting capitalism. I don't think he's a serious person in political ideals.
I've never had a problem with him. I've always supported his vision for EVs. I said some people, not all. My original point was that there are people who are intolerant of others beliefs and that's sad because it doesn't help promote EVs.

I would say that based on the type of forum we are on it lends itself to one side, so those of the other who participate are fairly tolerant and accepting.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Do Teslas have an integrated DC and AC charge port? In other words, might this also affect the L2 chargers we have at home in terms of compatibility?
This is a good question.
yes, the tesla port is an integrated AC and DC port. while the premise of this article is called into question with today's news, it has a good picture of the major charging ports in use globally:

https://thedriven.io/2022/12/21/tes...ging-battle-but-the-plug-war-is-already-over/

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I wonder how they will implement the Tesla connector in 2025 and later vehicles. I assume they would still have to have the current connectors too right?
It would be sweet if they put the Tesla chargeport in driver rear quarter panel (already has this in China).

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m not a huge fan of Elon’s, but that was quite the lovefest. If I didn’t know better, I almost thought they were going to announce Tesla’s acquisition of Ford because of Ford’s awesome software capabilities (and to solve Tesla’s cyber truck problem). 😀😀😀😀😀
Sponsored