Wind Noise

Charlesblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Select
Country flag
Hi,
I’m opening this discussion to see the amount of wind noise other people hear on the car. I have a select with no sun roof. At highway speeds I hear wind noise coming from the drivers window and maybe a bit from the passenger side. I’m assuming this is normal, specially because we don’t hear the engine. But I’d like to know if other people experience the same
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There will be a recall issued in late October that will address reattaching the front windshield and glass roof. Possibly #1 might affect you and noise.

OP
OP

Charlesblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Select
Country flag
There will be a recall issued in late October that will address reattaching the front windshield and glass roof. Possibly #1 might affect you and noise.
I did read about this but mine seems to be coming from the side window so not sure if this will help. Also, my car was manufactured in late June. Not sure if the recall applies

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Wait, really? People were talking about checking the seal, it seems like there isn't even a real solid seal where my windshield and pano roof meet lol. Do you know how they'll "choose" who to help with this one?

physib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Wait, really? People were talking about checking the seal, it seems like there isn't even a real solid seal where my windshield and pano roof meet lol. Do you know how they'll "choose" who to help with this one?
Look up your VIN on NHSTA. It's a recall so they don't get to "choose".

ocdxfv

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E, Toyota Rav4 EV
Occupation
Retired radiology tech
Country flag
Hi,
I’m opening this discussion to see the amount of wind noise other people hear on the car. I have a select with no sun roof. At highway speeds I hear wind noise coming from the drivers window and maybe a bit from the passenger side. I’m assuming this is normal, specially because we don’t hear the engine. But I’d like to know if other people experience the same
I have a Select, built in Dec. I took delivery in early Feb. The first month or so, the car seemed dead quiet. Then I started noticing the wind noise you mentioned. I hear it both as the driver and as the passenger. It is a little distracting, but I only really notice it when the radio is off. If someone could find the cause of it, I'd be happy, but I'm gradually getting used to it.

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Yes, I've noticed it on my Select as well so it's likely a trim issue. I noticed it because the Bolt was so quiet but now I've gotten used to it and forgot to post about it. New passengers sometimes ask me if the windows are all the way up, though.

Definitely coming from the sides/side windows and a different issue than the Premiums and their seal/roof noise. The only thing I can think of is that the Premiums are supposed to have acoustic windows that the Selects don't have. So I'd also be curious as to a fix otherwise I'll bring it up with my dealer when I ask about the rattle.

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Count me in for hearing the same wind noise (Select AWD.) Hopefully Ford acknowledges the issue and offers to fix it but…. We’ll see.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Ah, okay, I guess I'll try to patiently wait until it is official, if it really does end up becoming a recall.
No if’s about it. The recall is listed on the NTHSA website. Contact begins later this month. The only question is whether the windshield recall expands beyond those already subject to it.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The first couple of times I was on a freeway in my Premium, I felt like there was sound coming from where the driver window seals. I think it was because of how quiet the vehicle otherwise was that the noise there seemed to be more prominent. I never noticed it again, I guess I got acclimated to it.

People on this thread seem to be going beyond that, but if you just got your Mach-E, you may be perceiving how I felt the first few times on the freeway in this BEV.

OP
OP

Charlesblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Select
Country flag
Count me in for hearing the same wind noise (Select AWD.) Hopefully Ford acknowledges the issue and offers to fix it but…. We’ll see.
I wonder if all of us should file a complaint or something. Seems to be a significant issue to Select drivers

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I used to think I could hear wind noise from the side windows in my Premium AWD. After the deer encounter all I here is buffeting and hissing from the right front corner at speeds above 60 MPH.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Reports assert that the recall issue does not involve the amount or application of the sealant. The recall is due to the bonding properties of the adhesive mixture used.
Sponsored