Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select AWD Infinite Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
hhhmmmm, that sounds like an incomplete FP update if FP is messed up. You might want to un-install FP, download and install fresh from AppStore?

If it is just the pull-down 'refresh' that is failing, that seems to be a bug in 3.25.0. Try getting in your car, turn car on, and THEN check to see if FP Vehicle tab updates range and battery % to match car.
Tried that, no luck. After a reinstall of the app, I just get the basic FordPass with the car; no additional info, no Manage EV tab under Vehicle. If I try to load the vehicle details on the website, it just spins...
Sponsored

cjk422

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select AWD Infinite Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Chatted with FordPass support and got this:

I apologize about this inconvenience with your app not operating properly. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working as quickly as possible to get this resolved. And you will be able to see your vehicle again along with all of its information.​
Is there anything else I may assist you with today?​

Seems it's an issue on Ford's end that they're aware of. I tried to get clarification that this was a server issue, and this is what I got:

Yes. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Ford is aware of this issue and we are currently working to get resolved for our valued Members​

So time will tell I guess...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I apologize about this inconvenience with your app not operating properly. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working as quickly as possible to get this resolved. And you will be able to see your vehicle again along with all of its information.​

Seems it's an issue on Ford's end that they're aware of. I tried to get clarification that this was a server issue, and this is what I got:

Yes. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Ford is aware of this issue and we are currently working to get resolved for our valued Members​

Still... This is kinda scary. I used my fob today for the first time since early March, just as a precaution!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

That sounds like a form response to anyone that mentions the word fp or paak. About as comforting and informative as the notification stating we trashed your paak hope you did not loose your fob. Not even an enjoy your day?

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Has anyone have this happen? The PAAK was deleted somehow by car or
FordPass app on its own. Now it is unable to add back.

Maybe have to reset and start over again but if this happens when you are out without fob, could be a major issue. It also deleted backup codes.
Man that is pretty scary :eek:. When I switched back to PaaK about a month ago I stopped brining the fob. Something like that would have many of us stranded. It wouldn't be a problem if PaaK was disabled but the door/backup start codes stilled worked. Killing both is a show stopper.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Does the FordPass App show what version it is? Where?
In iOS, you can search for Ford Pass in the App Store, select it and read the details.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

See this thread about back end issues at Ford:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...an-be-activated-at-this-time.7488/post-201117

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
After 2 weeks where I had to abandon PaaK (disable FordPass) due to excessive battery drain (25% an hour), I decided to try again yesterday...
And after a full day with FordPass and PaaK it has only consumed 0.1% of my total battery usage today!

This is still 3.25 (EU). Might be backend and app not being compatible earlier... But wireless Android Auto is no longer working...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ok serious (enough) comment. Mine auto updated yesterday. What I noted difference wise for the Apple version is:

1. Battery drain is back big time. 2 hours and change of driving today and I went through about 65% of the battery.
2. PAAK went from working almost all the time to almost non-functional. Locked out of the car 3 times where I had to use the door code. With Bluetooth connected.
3. Software update status is incorrect. FordPass shows it as set to manual. It’s not, it’s automatic and has been since I got the car.
Good afternoon. Would you mind sending us a private message with your VIN? I would like to look into your software issue.

MachEUser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Also this was just emailed:

Your Phone As A Key access for your 2021 Mustang Mach-E 2021 2021 Mustang Mach-E has been removed due to an account update or a vehicle-reset action. Drivers are no longer able to use this backup start passcode to enter or start the vehicle. A key fob is required to start this vehicle. Backup Start Passcodes are no longer valid.

If you own this vehicle and this notification is unrecognized or unexpected, please contact a FordGuide.
I called "Fordguide" and though it seemed like she knew the car and software/app well, she had to text an engineer through their internal system for any meaningful answers. Basically, I didn't get an answer as to why it happened. She mentioned they are having some backend server issues. I explained that while removing keys from the phone may happen, removing backup codes is problematic because it can leave you stranded. She said she would escalate for whatever that is worth. I was told it happened to several people that day.

This raises the issue that the cloud and server are needed for PAAK keys and backup codes. So any hacks or cloud server issues can leave you stranded if you solely rely on PAAK. It is not stored in the car as I expected once you set it up.

Removed vehicle from the app and entered it again by entering VIN. It allowed me to setup PAAK again and set up new codes. It hasn't deleted itself for over 2 days. Let's see. For now, I am carrying FOB just in case.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I called "Fordguide" and though it seemed like she knew the car and software/app well, she had to text an engineer through their internal system for any meaningful answers. Basically, I didn't get an answer as to why it happened. She mentioned they are having some backend server issues. I explained that while removing keys from the phone may happen, removing backup codes is problematic because it can leave you stranded. She said she would escalate for whatever that is worth. I was told it happened to several people that day.

This raises the issue that the cloud and server are needed for PAAK keys and backup codes. So any hacks or cloud server issues can leave you stranded if you solely rely on PAAK. It is not stored in the car as I expected once you set it up.

Removed vehicle from the app and entered it again by entering VIN. It allowed me to setup PAAK again and set up new codes. It hasn't deleted itself for over 2 days. Let's see. For now, I am carrying FOB just in case.
Other users have posted that cloud connectivity is not required for PaaK. This server issue actively reset at least some user accounts, hence the backup code being deleted.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

I would be shocked and amazed if the cloud was needed to USE BackupStartCode after it is set.; my bet is that the encrypted key /password sits in the MME local Sync4 memory once it has been set up... Once you have your PAAK enabled, and activated, and backupstartcode set, you should be good no matter what.

otherwise, you could not EVER use the code if you were not in wifi/cell range.

I know for a fact that it worked when I was in the mountains without cell or wifi because I tested what would happen if I used door code, and backup code, as if I lost my phone while hiking. ( I turned phone off, and left trailside a ways away from MME, used door code for entry, and backupstartcode to run....)