Dead car…..again.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Don't get it why would he be buying and change his own 12V. That should be one of the first things the dealer would check? Why would he change the 12V before seeing if a 2 day charge comes back good?
I missed the post where he said it was back at the dealer. Yeah, they should absolutely check that, but they didn't the last time they had it three weeks.

Honestly, I think some of these 12v batteries were either manufactured with defects due to to the labor / parts shortage, or died baking in parking lots waiting on chips or transport. I had the exact same problem with my Escape PHEV (battery is also tiny). The battery would test fine, yet I would continually get deep sleep messages in Fordpass and low voltage gremlins. Rather than waste my time with the dealer (who, at best, would replace it with another small battery), I installed the larger battery, made the configuration changes in forscan and did a BMS reset. Haven't had an issue since.
Sponsored

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I missed the post where he said it was back at the dealer. Yeah, they should absolutely check that, but they didn't the last time they had it three weeks.

Honestly, I think some of these 12v batteries were either manufactured with defects due to to the labor / parts shortage, or died baking in parking lots waiting on chips or transport. I had the exact same problem with my Escape PHEV (battery is also tiny). The battery would test fine, yet I would continually get deep sleep messages in Fordpass and low voltage gremlins. Rather than waste my time with the dealer (who, at best, would replace it with another small battery), I installed the larger battery, made the configuration changes in forscan and did a BMS reset. Haven't had an issue since.
Not sure I started with a good 12V but it was kill/drained so many times it was dead in a year. On my second seems to be OK? 66% last time I checked sat on till 81%. I say the 12V should have one job and that is to close the contacts and then it is done. Let the power supply off the big battery fire everything up after that. Like the cmos and the cmos battery? Seems very dependent on the 12V right now. Darn plastic knob does not turn ;).

Reactions: SWO

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m asking out of curiosity. Does responding to this Ford site help at all?
It did for me , someone called and followed up with a phone call and case number and kept me up to date with what was going on at dealer,

dealer was great anyway BTW. But Ford did follow up to make sure things were progressing

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
I’m asking out of curiosity. Does responding to this Ford site help at all?
It did for me, ended up paying for one month of my car payment while trying to get camera fixed, and when I decided to trade in for a 22 GTPE instead, they gave me a free maintenance plan on the new one.

OP
OP
HI-Mach-E

HI-Mach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT (Star White)
Country flag
Update:

no real update. Lol. Car has been with the dealer since 2 March, Ford sent out the engineer out to look at mine and 2 other Mach-e’s. The engineer “thinks” the HVBJB needs replaced again. Once the part comes in and he changes it out they will need to run more tests to see if it is fixed. No promise.

They did say the parts should be here this week however the one and only service tech that can drop the battery is on leave for 2 weeks. I do not blame him for needing a break and going on leave. However, I do blame Ford for not having more than one person at each dealership. With the tech being on leave NO Mach-Es will be worked on while he is gone.

If it gets fixed I will provide another update.

Best of luck to all of you.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Update:

no real update. Lol. Car has been with the dealer since 2 March, Ford sent out the engineer out to look at mine and 2 other Mach-e’s. The engineer “thinks” the HVBJB needs replaced again. Once the part comes in and he changes it out they will need to run more tests to see if it is fixed. No promise.

They did say the parts should be here this week however the one and only service tech that can drop the battery is on leave for 2 weeks. I do not blame him for needing a break and going on leave. However, I do blame Ford for not having more than one person at each dealership. With the tech being on leave NO Mach-Es will be worked on while he is gone.

If it gets fixed I will provide another update.

Best of luck to all of you.
From what is see I think the software update this fall that auto preconditions (maintains) my car when plugged in parked does a lot for the 12V. It has no longer discharged to the point that the car will not boot clean for an entire winter. I am really not sure is I ever needed the hvjb and becm replaced since before as long as the 12V had a charge it ran great. Contact stuck open because 12V does not have the power to close them? It is possible it would not have been fixed with just parts if the new software did not start to wake the car up to maintain itself. Auto maintaining itself when plugged to L2 was never mentioned in the update release notes but it is new (as of last fall for me).

OP
OP
HI-Mach-E

HI-Mach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Day 145…..no end in sight. So over this.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
If you want to keep the car, buy a 12v battery and install it yourself.

If you don't want to keep the car, buy a 12v battery and install it yourself and then sell the car.

OP
OP
HI-Mach-E

HI-Mach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you want to keep the car, buy a 12v battery and install it yourself.

If you don't want to keep the car, buy a 12v battery and install it yourself and then sell the car.
just got done talking with the dealership they ordered the main wire cabling A month or so ago….part came in last week. Was told today it Ford sent the wrong part so now they need to reorder the part and confirm Ford sends the correct one out. Estimated time….3 more weeks.

I wish you all the best with your Mach-E’s. For me. I am done with this vehicle

@Ford Motor Company @Ford @Ford Motor Company BUY this vehicle back.
Sponsored