This is the difference between Tesla and Ford. Take your issue to your dealer and not some remote service dept and wait for some period of time. Take it to your dealer.Anyone else having an issue with the drivers door not recognizing the key or phone to unlock door/vehicle? I'm able to use either to open the back door but when I push the button on the driver's door I hear it do something but doesn't trigger the unlocking.
Try pressing the door open button on the fob or your phone. It does that sometimes.Anyone else having an issue with the drivers door not recognizing the key or phone to unlock door/vehicle? I'm able to use either to open the back door but when I push the button on the driver's door I hear it do something but doesn't trigger the unlocking.
Yes, I can unlock using the button on the fob but it doesn't unlock without pushing the fob or pushing the unlock on Fordpass. Weird thing is that I can unlock by pushing the back door button, then all doors unlock and front door pops open, for some reason just the front door won't recognize the fob or phone as key. All other doors actually work without pushing a button, only drivers door does not.Try pressing the door open button on the fob or your phone. It does that sometimes.
Drivers door not unlocking/opening without pushing the unlock button on key fob/in app/or using code on door. Doesn't automatically unlock when approaching or pushing button on drivers door, it works on all other doors.Last Updated: Feb. 20, 2021
With most of the orders being fulfilled and getting actual reviews from drivers, Could you all post the existing issues here so that it will be very beneficial to future owners who are taking deliveries soon.
Note #1: see also Missing Promised Features/Software Bugs which is more about future improvements and expected features, vs. things believed to be broken with possible fixes coming.Note #2: see also Issues Feedback Poll where you can submit your feedback on issues. The results can be seen in these charts.
MACH-E ISSUES REPORTED
- Dead Battery / Will Not Drive
- Field Service Action No. 21B02 - Software Calibration Update
- Deep Sleep mode - 12v battery dead!!??? / Dead Low Voltage Battery (LVB) / Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power' followed by the 'Service Vehicle Soon' alert / MME STRANDS ME IN A BLIZZARD!!- unclear if one or two issues here; software updates currently being tested by Ford and specific forum members
- Unknown Service Soon Errors messages - PowerTrain message in FordPass App, Red RING on charge port, "Service Vehicle Soon on dash". Dealer is replacing part # LJ9Z-14G490-A DCFC module
- “Electrical system drain” message in FordPass app
- Error may appear during DCFC
- Buzzing / whining noise from dashboard
- Phone As Key issues- inconsistent reliability in PaaK
- Seats not returning to driving position - seems to be the car not recognizing the individual user through PaaK
- Car User Profile not keeping radio preferences? - unclear if this is a PaaK issue at this time or independent
- Automatic Profile from Drivers Seat (not working) - unclear if this is a PaaK issue at this time or independent
- Wifi connection issues- seems to be very limited in scope and tied to specific home network details
- dnsmasq incompatibility for some reason?
- Touch Screen went BLACK! - Sync 4a responsiveness issue resolved through soft reset (explained in first post)
- EZ-Pass transponder interference? Toll transponder issue common to many modern cars due to windshield design; typical "fix" of proper windshield placement works here as well apparently
- Android Auto rebooting phones believed fixed in soon-to-be-released Android Auto update; short-term fix is to disable Chrome on the phone
- GOM seems a bit pessimistic - believed to be "by design" somewhat; also impacted by pre-delivery if not reset on delivery
- Garage door opener (HomeLink) concerns - not necessarily Mach-E specific?
- Wind noise from panoramic roof - might be an assembly issue; details still being collected.
- Ford Connected Charge Station Stop Sell Order - may be related to Ford Connected Charge Station Error Message: The charge station has experienced a non-recoverable fault ?
- Cannot activate Connected Services - unclear if this is a timing thing right now (might be a multiple day delay from delivery to activation)
- Blue bar in small display on nav screen - may be a glitch, may be a feature we don't understand yet
- Charging Curve - not seeing expected 150 kW; appears Ford is meeting claimed 10%-80% time in appropriate charging conditions, so this is a bit unclear
- Charger payment / plug and play - unreliable. Unclear at this time if this is Ford, charging providers, or both
- Rear trunk black shade - Often comes loose, clips do not hold the shade in place. Pictures in the thread.
- No sound from audio system- Radio, car play, Bluetooth audio, nothing works
- Infotainment not allowing for Nav to start, can't exit it - Can not load app, just spins (waves) Picture below - will update when car starts again after sitting for a while.
- Door Not Closing - Piece that pushes door open randomly pops out, or remains extended.
- Rear view camera delay setting doesn't work and switches itself off - no confirmation yet, might be limited?
It works for me i.e., push the button on the door and it opens.Drivers door not unlocking/opening without pushing the unlock button on key fob/in app/or using code on door. Doesn't automatically unlock when approaching or pushing button on drivers door, it works on all other doors.