Mockingbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
  • OPEN Incompatible with public Efacec 50kw chargers. UPDATE: Evergy and Efacec have acknowledged the problem and working on a solution. Evergy, the utility company for Kansas City and much of Kansas, owns many 50kW public charges in the KC Metro area. They are named “Evergy @Pricechop-086A”, “Evergy @Henhouse-087A” …. all the way up to “Evergy @ Prarefire-093A”. These chargers are manufactured by Efacec (see picture below) but are branded as ChargePoint and run ChargePoint interface software. Despite having CCS plugs, none of these chargers are compatible with the Mustang Mach E. I have tested several. My payment is validated through ChargePoint, but when I connect the plug I first get a couple of blue ring segments (my current percentage) quickly followed by all five ring segments flashing red. It makes no difference whether I initiate the charge through the ChargePoint app, FordPass app, manually at the station itself, or if I call ChargePoint customer service to remotely initiate. In all cases, the same charging fault occurs. I know that these chargers generally work for other cars, both according to PlugShare.com and during a recent attempt a Chevy Bolt pulled up next to me and actually demonstrated the charge. He saw I was having trouble, I pulled out of the space to let him show me how it works on his car, and it worked flawlessly on the Bolt. But these particular stations flat out don’t work with the MME. Plugshare.com confirms that no MMEs have been able to use these stations. Video of the issue is here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/need-a-favor-from-a-mme-owner-in-the-kc-area….5788/
Ford has released an update to resolve this issue

TSB 21-2190 Illuminated Powertrain Malfunction (Wrench) Indicator With DTCs - HV Battery Not Charging At Level 3 DC Fast Charging Station/EVSE | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
i don’t see any reference in that TSB to resolving the Efacec compatibility issue. Have you actually tested this? What is your basis for saying that this fixes the issue?
Yep, there's just that one guy in that thread that said they did the update themselves (?!?) and it appeared to fix the Efacec issue? But even that was a bit unclear how it was worked. It was all a little cryptic and unusual.

We need more info on this.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This thread has not been updated in months, and it probably needs a significant overhaul. Here are updates re issues I have personally experienced (linking to the most relevant threads on each issue)....

Hardware Issues (the car is mechanically pretty awesome):
  • Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Screen Buzz. My issue was mostly fixed several months ago with a replacement IPC. Read about that here. It still buzzes, but only about half as loudly.
  • Bad CV Joints. This occurs when making sharp turns and sounds like gravel knocking in the wheel wells. Many forum members have experienced this. The fix is to replace the CV Joints (often dealers just replace the entire half-shaft assemblies).
  • Rain Sensing Wipers Activate on Startup. Usually only occurs when parked outside for at least 30 minutes under full sunlight? The sensor appears to get tricked by sun or heat on the windshield. This is a very infrequent problem, but the only known solution is to keep the wipers set to Off.
Software Issues (lotta bugs, but Ford is making improvement):
  • Alarm Interior Motion Sensors Won't Stay Off: This may be just poor design (engineer says it is not currently intended or possible to toggle these sensors off permanently - it has to be done each time) but others report that even turning them off each time doesn't work. The only known 100% fix is tape over the sensors.
  • Profile Always Switches to Guest Upon Remote Start: Not sure if this is a bug or a dumb design feature, but there's no reason it should do that.
  • Phone As A Key (PAAK): This topic needs its own issues thread. Basically boils down to four main problems (plus a fifth below): (1) car not unlocking on approach, (2) car needing a backup passcode to start, (3) car giving a "No Key Detected" message while driving, and (4) the "Restart Now or Key is Needed" message. All these things appear to be closely correlated, but not always. But recently it might be getting better?
  • The Dreaded Double Honk (PAAK-related): Tough to pinpoint every circumstance the double honk happens, but it appears to be PAAK-related and it is not working as intended. The double honk is supposed to warn you when you have the left car On and walked away with the key, but it frequently DHs at me when I leave the car On with the PAAK on the charging pad, and get in or out of the car to make a quick trip back into the house, etc. Is the problem getting less frequent now as PAAK improves?
  • FordPass "12v Battery Fault" notification: This has only happened once to me, but very recently. Probably a reporting bug as opposed to a battery problem?
  • Changing Beep Tone: Funny little bug. Doesn't appear to have any material impact.
  • One Pedal Driving Fault: Much more serious bug, but this has not happened to me in about 6mos. Fixed?
  • Navigating to Nowhere Bug: Ford Nav would set a mystery destination causing the miles-to-destination checkered flag symbol to pop up on the IPC. The miles-to-destination (usually 3-7 miles) would not change no matter which direction you drove. Only way to fix was to enter a new destination into nav and then clear it. This has not occurred to me in over 6mos. Hopefully fixed now? UPDATE: Nope, it’s still there. Happened to me on 2/22/22 - first time in a loooong time. Still happening to others, too.
  • Radio Presets Occasionally Vanish: I don't use the radio enough to know if this is still an issue. Can anyone verify?
  • ___ Door(s) Not Unlocking On Approach (another door has to be opened first): This hasn't happened to me in over 6mos. It appears that one update or another has finally fixed this issue?
  • Older Efacec 50kW charger compatibility issue: One guy reports that this has been fixed with an update. This has not been confirmed.
  • FordPass: This topic needs its own issues thread. A lot of people have issues with various features but the basic functionality works for me - I just find the app clunky and very poorly organized.
Pinging @Ford Motor Company....

Last edited:

Malfy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
This thread has not been updated in months, and it probably needs a significant overhaul. Here are updates re issues I have personally experienced (linking to the most relevant threads on each issue)....

Hardware Issues (the car is mechanically pretty awesome):
  • Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Screen Buzz. My issue was mostly fixed several months ago with a replacement IPC. Read about that here. It still buzzes, but only about half as loudly.
  • Bad CV Joints. This occurs when making sharp turns and sounds like gravel knocking in the wheel wells. Many forum members have experienced this. The fix is to replace the CV Joints (often dealers just replace the entire half-shaft assemblies).
  • Rain Sensing Wipers Activate on Startup. Usually only occurs when parked outside for at least 30 minutes under full sunlight? The sensor appears to get tricked by sun or heat on the windshield. This is a very infrequent problem, but the only known solution is to keep the wipers set to Off.
Software Issues (lotta bugs, but Ford is making improvement):
  • Alarm Interior Motion Sensors Won't Stay Off: This may be just poor design (engineer says it is not currently intended or possible to toggle these sensors off permanently - it has to be done each time) but others report that even turning them off each time doesn't work. The only known 100% fix is tape over the sensors.
  • Profile Always Switches to Guest Upon Remote Start: Not sure if this is a bug or a dumb design feature, but there's no reason it should do that.
  • Phone As A Key (PAAK): This topic needs its own issues thread. Basically boils down to four main problems (plus a fifth below): (1) car not unlocking on approach, (2) car needing a backup passcode to start, (3) car giving a "No Key Detected" message while driving, and (4) the "Restart Now or Key is Needed" message. All these things appear to be closely correlated, but not always. But recently it might be getting better?
  • The Dreaded Double Honk (PAAK-related): Tough to pinpoint every circumstance the double honk happens, but it appears to be PAAK-related and it is not working as intended. The double honk is supposed to warn you when you have the left car On and walked away with the key, but it frequently DHs at me when I leave the car On with the PAAK on the charging pad, and get in or out of the car to make a quick trip back into the house, etc. Is the problem getting less frequent now as PAAK improves?
  • FordPass "12v Battery Fault" notification: This has only happened once to me, but very recently. Probably a reporting bug as opposed to a battery problem?
  • Changing Beep Tone: Funny little bug. Doesn't appear to have any material impact.
  • One Pedal Driving Fault: Much more serious bug, but this has not happened to me in about 6mos. Fixed?
  • Navigating to Nowhere Bug: Ford Nav would set a mystery destination causing the miles-to-destination checkered flag symbol to pop up on the IPC. The miles-to-destination (usually 3-7 miles) would not change no matter which direction you drove. Only way to fix was to enter a new destination into nav and then clear it. This has not occurred to me in over 6mos. Hopefully fixed now? UPDATE: Nope, it’s still there. Happened to me on 2/22/22 - first time in a loooong time. Still happening to others, too.
  • Radio Presets Occasionally Vanish: I don't use the radio enough to know if this is still an issue. Can anyone verify?
  • ___ Door(s) Not Unlocking On Approach (another door has to be opened first): This hasn't happened to me in over 6mos. It appears that one update or another has finally fixed this issue?
  • Older Efacec 50kW charger compatibility issue: One guy reports that this has been fixed with an update. This has not been confirmed.
  • FordPass: This topic needs its own issues thread. A lot of people have issues with various features but the basic functionality works for me - I just find the app clunky and very poorly organized.
Pinging @Ford Motor Company....

Malfy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT
Country flag
What he said ^^^^

Ive experienced most of the above.

Add to the list that it takes three leg swipes for the hands free trunk to open or it doesn’t work at all.

Green Machine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 250, 2022 GT 4, 2021 Mache GT, 2024 Z06
Occupation
Management
Country flag
Last Updated: September 8, 2021

Hi,

With most of the orders being fulfilled and getting actual reviews from drivers, Could you all post the existing issues here so that it will be very beneficial to future owners who are taking deliveries soon.

Note #1: see also Missing Promised Features/Software Bugs and https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/wish-list-for-ota-changes-enhancements.4402/ both of which which are more about future improvements and expected features (yes there are two threads), vs. things believed to be broken with possible fixes coming.
Note #2: see also Issues Feedback Poll where you can submit your feedback on issues. The results can be seen in these charts.

Sync 4a, audio, and navigation
Connected services, FordPass, and PaaK
Drivetrain and driving experience
Charging-related
Physical construction
  • Buzzing / whining noise from dashboard
  • EZ-Pass transponder interference? Toll transponder issue common to many modern cars due to windshield design; typical "fix" of proper windshield placement works here as well apparently
  • Wind noise from panoramic roof - might be an assembly issue; details still being collected.
  • Rear trunk black shade - Often comes loose, clips do not hold the shade in place. Pictures in the thread.
  • Door Not Closing - Piece that pushes door open randomly pops out, or remains extended. May be limited to one vehicle.
  • Wheel well panel gap
  • Frunk does not close easily or work according to the manual. Must push down hard to close.
  • Panoramic roof came cracked due to stress the dealer said
    • This was discovered 2 days after taking possession of the vehicle
    • Ford ordered and replaced the roof at no cost to me but still was frustrating
Other issues
That all sucks, I have a late build 2021, and have had not one single issue, I sure hope they can make it right for you. The car is awesome,

ldtrebe

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2012 Roush Stage 3, 2010 Raptor
Country flag
What he said ^^^^

Ive experienced most of the above.

Add to the list that it takes three leg swipes for the hands free trunk to open or it doesn’t work at all.
I had trouble at first too. I tried the swipe as seen in some Ford videos. Honestly, this video helped me. More of a quick kick. Once I got it I have no trouble every time. Must have fob in hand.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had trouble at first too. I tried the swipe as seen in some Ford videos. Honestly, this video helped me. More of a quick kick. Once I got it I have no trouble every time. Must have fob in hand.
I'm fairly convinced that the liftgate kick inconsistencies (which also sometimes applies to the doors too) is not a kick issue at all, but rather a fob signal issue. The fob sensors on this car seems to be very picky and spotty. (I suspect the PAAK sensors have the same problem).

I use the fob, not PAAK. The liftgate kick works consistently for me if I'm standing in the right spot to use it. I usually have my fob in my right front pocket, and I usually kick below the left edge of the license plate. That means the fob is nearly dead center of the rear of the vehicle.

On a recent trip, I had to move my keys/fob to my left pocket (the interference kept erasing my room key that I kept in that pocket). Went to open the liftgate multiple times, and nothing. I was like "WTH, this has been working perfectly for months". Then I remembered I had the fob in my left pocket instead, which meant it was near the left taillight while kicking. So I moved over to the right and kicked - success. It all came down to the positioning of the fob. It didn't get a good signal if the fob was pocket-height near a back corner, but rear center works.

I experience the same thing with the driver door. If I'm standing angled outward trying to open the driver door (fob on the outside hip aimed just opposite the receiver by the driver door hinges), my body blocks the signal and the door button won't open. So I just rotate my body a little to give it a more clear shot to the sensor and it works fine.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Constant louvers motors racheting during charging L2 operations. They continuously moving from open to close positions.
Anyone has noticed or experienced the same issue with their Mach E.???

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
I was getting high voltage battery warnings/powertrain malfunction, and the dealer reflashed the OBCC module under TSB 22-2264. I can't find any info on this TSB, does anyone have any info for what it is?

TedsMach-E

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT
Country flag
My mirrors are not folding in when I lock the car, despite having this setting turned ON in the car settings. I've turned it off and on multiple times, and it's just not working.

doogie63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
What about wind noise from outside mirrors? Where people have put tape to stop the noise. Or added weather strip to fill the gap making the noise.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Constant louvers motors racheting during charging L2 operations. They continuously moving from open to close positions.
Anyone has noticed or experienced the same issue with their Mach E.???
The dealership diagnosed the issue. Malfunctioning sensor and a motor with broken plastic gear. Three days for the parts to arrive. Is been working fine since May of last year.
Sponsored